Family Dollar Stores

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2013.

Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions

Customer Service Representative/Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2013.

Not much to the interview considering the manager told me upfront she doesn't know how to interview. My manager hired anyone that came back with a clear background and drug test. This was done so the manager didn't have to work when she didn't have anyone. What does that tell you??? The employees we had were jokes. Lazy, rude and no work ethnic. The good employees such as myself worked so hard with no praise. Mention concerns to the manager only to get no resolution. This place was built on drama as the manager thrives on it. What can you expect when this is the atmosphere??????

Interview Questions
    • Can you work any hours? That's the big question at Family Dollar. Why? So they can work you crazy hours.   View Answers (2)
    There is no negotiation. They pay minimum wage to cashiers(customer service rep) and assistants receive $1.75/hr more than cashiers. Accepted the job only because I needed a job immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

I was interviewed by the district manager on the phone within one week of applying to the company and had a live interview within a week later. The interview went well. I was happy with the results. I saw that the company had good benefits and the pay was what I asked for, so we set up a start date.

I asked for the salary I made at my previous job and was granted that salary. I left happy and the Intervewier was happy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

they basically just want you to have customer service experience people there normally work there for a long time there is no point at staying at that job not good pay are hours and long term not very stable it is a ok 2nd job for part time but that about it

they tell you your salary

Replenishment Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

drug test, personality test, phone interview, person interview

other job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

My experience was a good one. The district manager was very personable. He was very thorough, showing me the store and how Family Dollar did business. I honestly had never shopped in a Family Dollar. Lots of focus on commitment to the job and theft.

Interview Questions
    • How committed to this job are you willing to be?   View Answer
    He made an offer. I countered. We met in the middle.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

Called by a recruiter who saw resume on Monster. Asked a few questions on resume, few technical questions, and asked what I was looking for (typical HR screening). Then spoke with Regional Manager for follow-up, more on experiences and accomplishment. Detailed interview with business metrics/mentality for aknowledge base. Highly interested in ways to better company culture (staffing/retention) and ways to increase sales. Then follow-up interviews with HR manager and LP. Finally flew out to area hub for interview panel of GVP and regional manager. Offer made same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail your biggest strength and weakness and how your overcoming it.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your approach to Loss Prevention in a retail store.   Answer Question
    • Using your past experiences, how would you adapt to FD culture?   Answer Question
    Comprehensive package including full RELO w/lump sum payment included. Negotiated on start date only due to move.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
     They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The company policy seems to be to let the candidate wait it out. From my initial interview to my phone interview acceptance took over 30days. Now that I am in position, I understand this is another way to save payroll..

I knew the store sales and stated my salary request. I came in a tad bit low, so I gave the DM no room to wiggle.