Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Inkster, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

Can you lift 30+ lbs? On my first day working there I realized why I was asked such a question. I was told to climb the truck with all of the merchandise unload and stock it while the other 3 worker did nothing. I quit after I got an offer for another job.

Strategy Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume/application via company website. Followed up with phone interview approximately 3-4 weeks later, then invited on site for three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mini-case based questions: I've heard they vary them by interview, but the standard mini-cases like "how many golf-balls would fit on a 747?" The answer isn't important, just sharing your assumptions and showing your analytical thinking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I applied and received an email a few days later to have a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Invited back for face-to-face and that was with five people. It lasted around two hours. Offer was made a week later. Human Resource communicated all the steps and processes. One of the most organized interviews I've ever had.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was not too impressed with the women who interviewed me. She admitted right off that interviews were not her strong point and seemed confused throughout the interview. She hadn't a clue what the stating hourly wage was and had to call her DM leaving me to sit in the office by myself for about 10 mins.

The interview itself was simple, no questions out if the ordinary, nothing to challenging to answer.

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult, she did ask me what I wanted out of a supervisor. Thats the only question that caught me off guard a bit.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The environment was unprofessional

Interview Questions

the job and the pay were not agreeable to my terms

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Interview

The phone interview was conducted with the department manager and the and an HR representative and went well. I gave them a lot of information about my current position and how that would benefit their department with the knowledge I had from my previous position. I think the interview went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Horrible. .was interviewed and hired same day. Didn't receive a call til 3 months later

Negotiation

Promised one amount..given less once on board

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions

Customer Service Representative/Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Slidell, LA) in December 2013.

Interview

Not much to the interview considering the manager told me upfront she doesn't know how to interview. My manager hired anyone that came back with a clear background and drug test. This was done so the manager didn't have to work when she didn't have anyone. What does that tell you??? The employees we had were jokes. Lazy, rude and no work ethnic. The good employees such as myself worked so hard with no praise. Mention concerns to the manager only to get no resolution. This place was built on drama as the manager thrives on it. What can you expect when this is the atmosphere??????

Interview Questions

• Can you work any hours? That's the big question at Family Dollar. Why? So they can work you crazy hours.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They pay minimum wage to cashiers(customer service rep) and assistants receive $1.75/hr more than cashiers. Accepted the job only because I needed a job immediately.