Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Questions

• Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Ridgeland, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called about 6 weeks after applying for a Temporary Customer Service Representative at a new location that was being built in my city. The manager interviewed me at a location in another city since the one in my city wasn't ready yet. She asked about my past experience, availability, salary requirements and why I left. I could tell by her her facial expressions regarding my answers that she did not approve so I don't expect a callback.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharon Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Sharon Hill, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was a breeze. Although, the current manager had only been there 3 months and didn't at all seem satisfied. Spent plenty of time telling me how low the pay scale was and how hard the work load would be and how few hours I would get. Don't expect overtime. He was seriously trying to talk me into not taking the position? Now that I look back, I think he was threatened.

Interview Questions

• Asked the standard questions. "What if? What would you do? How would you handle? Tell me about a time... Also, seemed particularly interested in how I would handle shrinkage(employee theft).   Answer Question

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

Interview

First you have to go on-line to do your app. They are pretty progressive as far as being paperless. They do a background check. I personally had to stay committed to keeping my name as a familiar. It took over 3 weeks before any actions were taken. After a drug screening and interview in a make shift office I was hired. That process was over a month long.

Interview Questions

• Not so much as a question but a statement to the effects of ...."DON'T STEAL" !!   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

Interview

It was actually very laid back. The person that interviewed me was very friendly and explained things to me that I would be doing.We walked around the store and she would point out exactly how products were to be placed on the shelves and told me about how busy the day/days that stock would be delivered.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was ready for hard work for low pay ... said playfully but they were not lying!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Applied online, was called within a week or two about a job opening... store manager asked me to come in to interview, I agreed. Once getting to the store, store manager took me to the office to interview me, it all lasted less than 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked if I steal, or would steal for friends... repeatedly. It was so alarming and bothersome, I almost told her to offer the job to someone else. Apparently they have a huge shrink (theft) problem in their stores, but anybody asked if they steal are going to tell you "no" so I don't see how that's a question to spend 15 minutes discussing with someone brand new.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was rushed because of the urgent need for the position to be filled. Training was done by assistant manager who was not trained neither. Minimum hours to work is 52+ hours, but expected to put in 60+ with on day off a week and fill in for sick employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Questions

• do I think I will be a good employee   1 Answer

there was no interest

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Norristown, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. One with store manager and the second with the district manager. Both were very easy, sent for drug testing immediately after 2nd interview, same day. Was called 3 days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with customers?
      Do you have experience with teaching and coaching employees?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary.