Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

they basically just want you to have customer service experience people there normally work there for a long time there is no point at staying at that job not good pay are hours and long term not very stable it is a ok 2nd job for part time but that about it

they tell you your salary

Replenishment Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

drug test, personality test, phone interview, person interview

other job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

My experience was a good one. The district manager was very personable. He was very thorough, showing me the store and how Family Dollar did business. I honestly had never shopped in a Family Dollar. Lots of focus on commitment to the job and theft.

Interview Questions
    • How committed to this job are you willing to be?   View Answer
    He made an offer. I countered. We met in the middle.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

Called by a recruiter who saw resume on Monster. Asked a few questions on resume, few technical questions, and asked what I was looking for (typical HR screening). Then spoke with Regional Manager for follow-up, more on experiences and accomplishment. Detailed interview with business metrics/mentality for aknowledge base. Highly interested in ways to better company culture (staffing/retention) and ways to increase sales. Then follow-up interviews with HR manager and LP. Finally flew out to area hub for interview panel of GVP and regional manager. Offer made same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail your biggest strength and weakness and how your overcoming it.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your approach to Loss Prevention in a retail store.   Answer Question
    • Using your past experiences, how would you adapt to FD culture?   Answer Question
    Comprehensive package including full RELO w/lump sum payment included. Negotiated on start date only due to move.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
     They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Applied online and went in during open house. The interview was very easy and the questions were not hard. The DM stated 'I could start as a store manager'' she would pull my app and start the background checks. I sent her email to follow up and nothing. I called the DM and she set up an interview with a store manager and that was a breeze as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal an unruly customer?   View Answer

I did not feel comfortable with the reply process and by the time, they go back to me I had two other offers, both with more money.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The company policy seems to be to let the candidate wait it out. From my initial interview to my phone interview acceptance took over 30days. Now that I am in position, I understand this is another way to save payroll..

I knew the store sales and stated my salary request. I came in a tad bit low, so I gave the DM no room to wiggle.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I received a phone call from their corporate recruiter after applying online. She was very pointed and asked several questions, fairly thorough. Mostly about whether I had visited one of their stores, what I was looking for in my next position, what my salary requirements were, etc.

After passing the initial phone screen, I was granted a "technical" interview with one of their engineers. It was fairly simple, just a combing over for half an hour through my resume to determine if I was completely full of it. The interviewer was extremely talkative so it didn't end up amounting to a very thorough screening, but nonetheless I passed.

They flew me out to Charlotte and put me up in a hotel near Matthews, NC where their HQ is. I also received a rental car. It was a bit late by the time I got in, probably midnight, and I had to be in for the interviews at 8 am. Fun.

Upon arrival, I met the recruiter, and was placed in a room for the interviews. The first interview was fairly simple, mostly just a recital of my resume and an interview for culture fit. After that, there were two technical interviews. The first of which being easier, conducted with one of their Sr. Engineers. The questions were somewhat mid Network Engineer level, with questions about specific points on my resume. There was a fair amount of discussion about Type A personalities (something I should have apparently done some reading on prior to the interview, because it held weight with multiple members of their staff), where most of the current networking staff is Type A and therefore something they are looking for in a candidate.

The second technical interview was quite difficult. They clearly had reviewed my resume and tried to find areas that I was potentially weak and probed questions about those topics. The position is primarily a route/switch/F5/security position. Quite a few questions about F5/Firewalls/Security.

The last several interviews were with the Network managers and IT management. Very nice guys and former engineers. Mostly a cultural interview with questions about whether I was prepared to work on a network that would leave me responsible for a Fortune 500 company, with a couple of hours downtime leading in excess of $1M loss.

They joined me for lunch and paid. Then I was off.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the SSL communications between a server and a host's web browser.

Name 3 different load balancing methods on an F5 load balancer virtual server.

Are you a type A personality?

Do you have any experience with BGP?

Draw out a L3 network diagram of your current works' network (focused on OSPF).

Why do you use OSPF and not EIGRP?

Describe the technical differences between TACACS+ and RADIUS.

There was also quite a bit of discussion about BYOD & IPv6.

Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

first put in app and if store really needs you expect a call within 3 days,then 1 on 1 interview if your hired then u have to finish the app on computer at store, then do tests on computer at store then your ready to go.

Interview Questions
    • when ask a question be calm about answering and look eye to eye different mngr ask different questions but expect the unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    always start the bar high when it comes to pay never accept below minimum wage but dont push it either.