Family Dollar Stores Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.

pretty basic put app n call n for interview with DM if they like u will offer a job on spot if they say they will call they wont. Pretty straight forward.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2010.

Im went to an open recruitment and was called for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that you saw steal something from the company?   View Answer
    • What are your strenghts?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2009.

I had noticed a series of ads on line for store manager position. I had to admit that I was leery of a company who could not find managers in the middle of this economy but I called and got an appointment right away(another sign of desparation?). I met with a district or supervisory manager in a small craped office. He is the "new sheriff in town" and basically told me that he was sent here to clean things up. Apparent;ly the last guy left things in a shamb;les. He was quite full of himself and assured me that he was the best DM i would ever work for. The salary offer was quite low and i had to pee in a cup as part of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many hours a week was i expecting to work?   View Answer

I went to a family dollar in my neighborhood and had a conversation with the manager but did not tell him i had applied for a job. he told me of help shortages, long hours with no overtime, work details to clean up other stores.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2010.

reviewed sales ,losses hiring and training

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2009.

Interviewed and was told over qualified - but would pass my resume on to superiors - never heard anything

Interview Questions
    • Why would I want to down grade to a store manager?   View Answer