Family Dollar Stores

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – Im went to an open recruitment and was called for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that you saw steal something from the company?   View Answer
  • What are your strenghts?   View Answer

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had noticed a series of ads on line for store manager position. I had to admit that I was leery of a company who could not find managers in the middle of this economy but I called and got an appointment right away(another sign of desparation?). I met with a district or supervisory manager in a small craped office. He is the "new sheriff in town" and basically told me that he was sent here to clean things up. Apparent;ly the last guy left things in a shamb;les. He was quite full of himself and assured me that he was the best DM i would ever work for. The salary offer was quite low and i had to pee in a cup as part of my interview.

Interview Question – How many hours a week was i expecting to work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I went to a family dollar in my neighborhood and had a conversation with the manager but did not tell him i had applied for a job. he told me of help shortages, long hours with no overtime, work details to clean up other stores.

Very Difficult Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – reviewed sales ,losses hiring and training

Interview Question – why should I hire you ?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed and was told over qualified - but would pass my resume on to superiors - never heard anything

Interview Question – Why would I want to down grade to a store manager?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Dollar Stores

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees and interview candidates.