Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Questions

• do I think I will be a good employee   1 Answer

there was no interest

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Livonia, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had to take a questionnaire that was a bit lengthy. Got a call a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day. I did. Very basic interview, no trick questions. Will ask you why you left your lost job if you did quit, just say it was for personal reasons if you left it because it was a bad job. Asked me if I live close enough to make it to work on time without hassles. Took a drug test right there in the store with some instant drug testing thing. Offered a starting wage of 7.45/hr, accepted, and I will start working immediately after they get my background check results in. I got along well with my interviewer and am overall looking forward to my new job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

7.45/hr, no negotiating the wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beulaville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Beulaville, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

DM phone call, quick, simple, easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Online application, several questions, most of them redundant. There are several parts to do with taxes and harassment. Several parts to do with payment methods. It took a long time to be processed and it was not worth my time. It was very unprofessional and they were all uncaring about my understanding of the work to be asked of me. I did not stay employed here longer than one day, the manager was not even supposed to hire the mass of people that were hired.

Negotiation

Very unprofessional and trivial. Process took way longer than it needed to.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a store asking me if I could just work weekends and although I preffered to work more hours I said yes. The manager than told me that he was still reveiwing applications and just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page and hung up. A week later got a phone call from another store asking me to come in for an interview that afternoon. I came in asked one of the associates for the manager and she brought him to me. He than shook my hand and invited me into his office. He asked very few questions., in fact i asked most of the questions during the interview. THe manager than thanked me for my time and told me that I would have a second interview. Too bad i didnt read this site first. If i had i would have known that their Family Dollar does not do second interviews. I followed up three times and each time the manager told me he had not spoken to the manager who was supposed to do my secondin interview. However after the third I kinda figured he had no intention of hiring me. Which was fine. IM a hard worker, I love working in retail ( a rarity ) and intend to make a career out of it. So it was his loss not mine. Found a better job elsewhere making way more than minimum wage he was going to offer me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar   Answer Question
    • What would my previous supervisors say about me ??   Answer Question
    • Can I come to work on time and perform the task within the time frame specified by the Family Dollar   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was for a position at the store nearest to my home but I was asked if i could work at a new location that just reopened that just so happen to be near my child's school. The interview was very brief and only basic questions and answers. The drug test was what took the longest to come back and some paper work took a while but I was hired with minor bumps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some but I feel that I was wronged in the end. But I just that my personal experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (North Little Rock, AR) in August 2010.

Interview

Asked a couple questions, drug test, new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you saw someone shoplifting?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2012.

Interview

Filled out an online application and was called within a few days to go to an interview the next evening. After I arrived, they had me take a drug test and then told me they really liked my application and wanted to hire me, but there was a conflict with the availability I mentioned in my application. I work another job with set hours that never change so I told them I wouldn't be able to take the job.

Interview Questions

Scheduling conflicts that they could have mentioned ahead of time