Family Dollar Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

1.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online. I was called by the district manager two days later to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was very thorough as far as the job description. The questions were not tricky, they were expected. Interview went well and lasted about 45 minutes. I was then contacted by the human resources manager for a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. She again went over the job description very thoroughly, her questions were also not tricky. I was again contacted by the district manager and he again went over the details of the job and what is expected and entailed, he then offered me what I felt was a fair salary for a 52-hour work week.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult. I have been in retail for a long time and I did not get any questions that I felt were unreasonable or tricky.   View Answer
I may have been able to negotiate but did not because I felt the offer was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Store Manager Interview

Very Complicated needed to finish online first, which never seemed to work properly. Anywhere from error messages to kept getting disconnected from server no matter what system I used. Their in store systems to hire staff are so out date and slow (seemed slower than dial up) that it makes almost impossible for anyone to finish the application process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process seemed very unprofessional and lacking substance.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Hiring and interview process was rushed because of the urgent need for the position to be filled. Training was done by assistant manager who was not trained neither. Minimum hours to work is 52+ hours, but expected to put in 60+ with on day off a week and fill in for sick employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

I was interviewed by the district manager on the phone within one week of applying to the company and had a live interview within a week later. The interview went well. I was happy with the results. I saw that the company had good benefits and the pay was what I asked for, so we set up a start date.

I asked for the salary I made at my previous job and was granted that salary. I left happy and the Intervewier was happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

My experience was a good one. The district manager was very personable. He was very thorough, showing me the store and how Family Dollar did business. I honestly had never shopped in a Family Dollar. Lots of focus on commitment to the job and theft.

Interview Questions
    • How committed to this job are you willing to be?   View Answer
    He made an offer. I countered. We met in the middle.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The company policy seems to be to let the candidate wait it out. From my initial interview to my phone interview acceptance took over 30days. Now that I am in position, I understand this is another way to save payroll..

I knew the store sales and stated my salary request. I came in a tad bit low, so I gave the DM no room to wiggle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elm Grove, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elm Grove, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

I was an Inventory Manager for the company that did inventories for family dollar. At one of the inventories, the DM approached me about the job. I went in to an interview with her and then filled out the online application.

Interview Questions
    • Tough to answer this cause I was approached and stolen from WIS so my interview was very easy   Answer Question
    pay started at 975.00 for 52 hours. I thought that was good money so no negotiation. They tell you 52 hours but I promise you will never see it!

Store Manager Interview

One interview with District Manager, hired me same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2012.

I interviewed with a DM and a Recruiter. The recruiter basically yelled at me all duing the interview over my experience in my previous position. I left the interview dazed and confused.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Why did you have a high turn over rate?"   View Answer

The interview process was more like being scolded by an upset parent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesville, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesville, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2012.

I was contacted by phone and was given a preliminary interview over the phone. My only other interview was conducted at a gas station. The interview was conversational and unstructured. My initial impression was that he was unprepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked. In fact, I felt over-prepared for the interview, when I realized that he was writing the questions he planned to ask me on a napkin.   Answer Question
    I gave the interviewer my pay expectations, he told that he would get as close to my current, at the time, pay as possible, but could not pay me what I was making. However, I felt the opportunity was worth the small pay cut that I eventually received.