Family Fare

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Fare in June 2012.

Interview Details – I previously applied online at their spartan stores website, and walked in and met the manager in person. I told him that I applied, he told me they weren't busy but would keep in contact. A few weeks later he called back saying he had interviews and asked me if I wanted to go in, I said yes. So I walked in a few days later dressed in nice black pants and a black shirt, (they have employees wearing all black with a black belt) so I tried to please them that manner. I noticed he liked neat and tidy employees, so I tried to mimic their style. He sat me down and we talked about things like my favorite class in high school, my age, a language I speak, and if I were readily available. I was, so he told me he'd keep in contact. A week later he called me and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Family Fare in January 2010.

Interview Details – It seemed to be very impersonal. They have a computer station where you can apply for a job. It seems the the work isn't too high stress. I think it is definitely much harder to get a job without knowing someone at the company. The company does not respond to applications that are not accepted.

Interview Question – Do you do drugs?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I joined the military.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Family Fare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Fare interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Family Fare employees and interview candidates.