Family Heritage Life Insurance

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in May 2014.

It was an easy interview. They were selling me as much as I was selling them. If you want to start a career in sales, they will teach you a proven way to do it but be sure to educate yourself on the insurance industry. You should try to follow someone in the field before you commit your finances and time to this career

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to approach them as if I were on the job.   Answer Question

they offered me a low contract

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in March 2014.

interviewed briefly in career fair and subsequent in person interview

Interview Questions
    • what qualities do you believe will make you a successful salesperson   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Found the ad on Craig's list and applied. Received a call the next day asking if I could come interview. I interviewed with my sales director, team leader and the VP of the Texas district. Interview was very laid back, questions were asked about specific things on my resume. After they asked questions about myself they started to demo me the product. Then they asked how many people I could sell it to a day and asked for my overall interest in the position on a scale from one to 10. After that they offered me the position and flew out to sales school 5 days later.

What they are looking for is someone who is driven, very personable and can be highly productive with out someone telling them what to do.

In order to qualify for the job, you must have reliable transportation and cannot have any felonies because you have to get an insurance license to sell.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in July 2012.

There were actually five steps to the process, beginning with an initial telephone interview with the State Director. This followed the same week with two separate personal interviews at the office, then a follow-up meeting the next week with the team leader who would be field training me. The process was consumated with a final "signing" meeting where we entered into a written contract agreement.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in June 2012.

The interview was simply the manager going through exactly what Family Heritage is and seeing if I thought I was a good fit. If you believe it is you get to start the costly journey to your insurance certification. Once you get your certification they send you to either Dallas or Nashville for a week for your training. This time, the costs are on them, which is nice. After the week is up you head back to your home office to start working.

Interview Questions
    • There honestly weren't that many questions. They give you a lot of information and let you make your own decision about whether you'd be right for the position. Beware. If cold calling sales is not your cup of tea, then tread no further. If it is, you have the opportunity to make a LOT of money.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Salary is purely commission based.

Sales Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in June 2010.

Initially, I was contacted by phone and had a ten minute interview. The job was described as sales to business owners and CEO's. I was invited to a group interview which consisted of a sales presentation to the potential candidates complete with video presentations about the company. Followup interview was again by phone. The position required an insurance license paid for by the applicant. This was acceptable for the position as described in the interview, however, at training it became clear that the job was door to door sales to individuals and not to business as described. Training involves air travel, hotel and a week of classes with other new hires. Memorization of presentation is required. If new hire does not stay with the position, they are billed for all training costs.

Interview Questions
    Nothing was negotiable. I advise applicants to research the company before the group interview. I would attempt to negotiate costs for insurance license if I had it to do again. I truly believe they would have hired any warm body that was willing to absorb the costs.