Family Heritage Life Insurance

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

First I was invited to view a webinar and ask questions with a number of other candidates. Later that day I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. We then scheduled an in person interview for the following week. I was offered a second interview, but due to a primary conflict (they work 100% commission), it is unlikely that I will accept.

Interview Questions

• What is most important for you in a work environment?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Interview

Talked to recruiter and he asked if I would like to attend the sales training in Dallas. Very nice gentlemen, but he didn't tell me we would be required to pay for the training out of our commisions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Laredo, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

On line. Was asked about my past experiences. My future goals and where I want to be in the future. What I am willing to do and not do. What hours I can work and not work. My personality.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly simple. Show up 2-3 times. Be on time, personable and able to pass the state exam. The exam has a fee that YOU will have to pay up front then the company has you work off the expense over time. I found the people in this company to be enjoyable and the the product to be very good.

Interview Questions

• Can you afford to survive the first year's expenses?   2 Answers

Negotiation

This was my first job in insurance so I wasn't aware of or didn't utilize any negotiation tactics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Roanoke, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

They found my resume which was posted on the web; Came in for a standard Interview and some initial paperwork. Received information about pay, commission rates, sales school training, etc. I was shown a brief presentation (various agents within the company speaking about their personal growth and journey) and then we had a brief q & a session...mostly my questions, which they answered thoroughly and completely.

Interview Questions

• Are you self-motivated and can you work independently?   1 Answer

Direct Sales and Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Louisville, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

You look at the product and learn how much you make each sale. If you like the product and the income opportunity, the next step is to talk to a manager about what it takes to do well. It's basically a mutual decision to see if it makes sense for you to come in work with us. Both sides have to agree.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Do you like the product? Do you think you could do well? What are your concerns? What do you like best about the opportunity? How can we help?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview. They were selling me as much as I was selling them. If you want to start a career in sales, they will teach you a proven way to do it but be sure to educate yourself on the insurance industry. You should try to follow someone in the field before you commit your finances and time to this career

Interview Questions

• They asked me to approach them as if I were on the job.   Answer Question

they offered me a low contract

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

interviewed briefly in career fair and subsequent in person interview

Interview Questions

• what qualities do you believe will make you a successful salesperson   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Interview

Found the ad on Craig's list and applied. Received a call the next day asking if I could come interview. I interviewed with my sales director, team leader and the VP of the Texas district. Interview was very laid back, questions were asked about specific things on my resume. After they asked questions about myself they started to demo me the product. Then they asked how many people I could sell it to a day and asked for my overall interest in the position on a scale from one to 10. After that they offered me the position and flew out to sales school 5 days later. What they are looking for is someone who is driven, very personable and can be highly productive with out someone telling them what to do. In order to qualify for the job, you must have reliable transportation and cannot have any felonies because you have to get an insurance license to sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Columbia, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

There were actually five steps to the process, beginning with an initial telephone interview with the State Director. This followed the same week with two separate personal interviews at the office, then a follow-up meeting the next week with the team leader who would be field training me. The process was consumated with a final "signing" meeting where we entered into a written contract agreement.

Negotiation

N/A