Family Video Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. Was called within 3 days. First interviewed with the store manager, next a 30 minute test - math, reading, etc. Next interview with district manager. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Video

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Family Video (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed in store out front. I took a written test out front. The manager interiewing you will need to wait on customers as they are interviewing you. The test is one point each, so do not spend time on the long multiplication problem. Leave it to last. Doing something that takes time caust you a point expecially if you could have dont three by skipping something. Study your math. 70.00 less 20%. The boxed area of math is very time comsuming. Not alot of math but seems to weigh more than other tests. If you can not find the wrong number move on to the next one. So I missed getting the job by 5 points. Part-time is 70%. I had a great interview. You may reapply in 6 months, but they switch out new test each 6 months.

Interview Questions

• The box area is not sudoko as they say. It is across and over addition to find the wrong number in the box. Three numbers like 6,4,2 =12 or 6,4,3 = 14 So the wrong number is 3. This takes time, find it or move to the next box. Best achivement and turing point in your life. Just be positive.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Video (Burton, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week later to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early (just to be safe) and I had to walk around the store for a bit before she was ready to do the interview. When she was finally ready I was surprised to see that another girl was going to be present for the interview. It didn't bother me though as they both seemed nice. We went into one of the movie isles and began the very informal interview. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what my favorite movie was, what my former jobs were, if I was currently employed, what I was going to school for, and what else I liked to do besides watching movies. I also asked both women a few questions. Everything seemed to go great. They were very friendly and said they had a few more interviews and would be doing callbacks later in the day. Contrary to how I felt the interview went, I did not receive a call later that day (or the next). As I said, everything seemed great (friendly conversation with lots of laughs) so I'm not sure why I didn't get a call. It would have been nice to get a call even if they weren't continuing the hiring process just so I could know. This was my second interview with Family Video (the first being several years ago) and even though they were very simple and laid-back, I have to say that I'm disappointed with both experiences overall.

Interview Questions

• They were all very simple and personal questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

They handle applications very unprofessionally. Had to fill out 6 because they kept misplacing it. First step is to interview with the one of the management team or full-timer. If they like you, you get rescheduled to take an hour long test that consists of math, alphabetizing, reading comprehension, spelling and more. If you manage to pass the test, and most don't, you then interview with the District Manager. If he/she approves, you're in

Interview Questions

• Questioning was really easy. Mush easier than the test. You personality counts for 90 percent of the interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You get what they offer or move on.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Online or in store application. Interview is only about 15 minutes long, if you are liked you will be asked to take a test. After passing the test you meet with a district manager who will most likely approve and finalize the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There is a test that you must pass to be hired for this position. It contains a decent amount of math, correcting spelling errors, alphabetizing, and other skills that are used regularly in the position. If you are just awful at math and cannot do long division, percentages, or fractions under pressure (test is timed and not taken in a quiet environment) than do not bother applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is zero negotiation until after 30 days of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Video (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Went into store and filled out an application and then was scheduled for an interview later that week. 2 days later had the interview. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was asked about my customer service skills and why I wanted to work for them. It seemed like I really hit it off with the manager. I was told that I would be called by 5pm the next day if they were interested in me. I was also told that the next step would be an assessment and interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Just behavior questions inquiring about how you handle customers   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Interview, super ridiculous test, and then another interview.....all on different days. Then wait 2 weeks to find out if you are hired, call them yourself to see if you are hired, find out you are hired and they want you, but not till next week, train for 4 hours, they forget you exists for a couple weeks and you forget what u learned, come back in after they finally call you, get treated like crap by manager and other employee........terrible experience, cannot wait for my next shift :( and all this for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions during interview but be aware they are looking for personality, not movie buffs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.....you get what you get

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Video (Youngstown, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

My first interview was at the front checkout desk, was very simple and easy. I was invited to take a "test" that was said to contain some math. When I arrived to take the test I was sat down in the open amongst the customers browsing and was timed for each section about 4-5 minutes. Most of the questions on the test are not overtly difficult but virtually needless in comparison to the needed so-called skill set to checkout videos. I passed the test and was offered a 2nd interview which I thought was tentative to being hired. The interview was given out in front of the store, which is a strange venue to say the least to conduct any interview. It went well, the majority of the subject matter was based on my experiences and what I thought about family video and why I would like to work there. The process in general was pretty unprofessional which is ironic because of the test involved. I awaited for a call for a week and contacted the store myself. Was told ,'you were not mentioned to me, so he must be persuing another candidate..." I have an Associates degree in IT, I'm working on my business management degree and I'm very outgoing and personable. I was a referral also so... If I can't land the job, what the hell do they want? Come on...

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you want to work for Family Video?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Video (Columbus, NE).

Interview

After filling out an application you are scheduled to take a general knowledge test, brush up on your high school exams, then you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• If they bring up what media you watch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, they told me I will work around 20 hours a week (which is really 10 or less) and felt proud that they offered more than minimum wage ($8, I'm rich)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Two interviews with the store manager and the district manager and a math test in between the two interviews