Family Video

2.5

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Family Video.

I applied online, I interviewed in store out front. I took a written test out front. The manager interiewing you will need to wait on customers as they are interviewing you. The test is one point each, so do not spend time on the long multiplication problem. Leave it to last. Doing something that takes time caust you a point expecially if you could have dont three by skipping something. Study your math. 70.00 less 20%. The boxed area of math is very time comsuming. Not alot of math but seems to weigh more than other tests. If you can not find the wrong number move on to the next one. So I missed getting the job by 5 points. Part-time is 70%. I had a great interview. You may reapply in 6 months, but they switch out new test each 6 months.

Interview Questions
  • The box area is not sudoko as they say. It is across and over addition to find the wrong number in the box. Three numbers like 6,4,2 =12 or 6,4,3 = 14 So the wrong number is 3. This takes time, find it or move to the next box. Best achivement and turing point in your life. Just be positive.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Video

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Video.

They handle applications very unprofessionally. Had to fill out 6 because they kept misplacing it. First step is to interview with the one of the management team or full-timer. If they like you, you get rescheduled to take an hour long test that consists of math, alphabetizing, reading comprehension, spelling and more. If you manage to pass the test, and most don't, you then interview with the District Manager. If he/she approves, you're in

Interview Questions
    • Questioning was really easy. Mush easier than the test. You personality counts for 90 percent of the interview process.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase. You get what they offer or move on.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Video.

Online or in store application. Interview is only about 15 minutes long, if you are liked you will be asked to take a test. After passing the test you meet with a district manager who will most likely approve and finalize the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There is a test that you must pass to be hired for this position. It contains a decent amount of math, correcting spelling errors, alphabetizing, and other skills that are used regularly in the position. If you are just awful at math and cannot do long division, percentages, or fractions under pressure (test is timed and not taken in a quiet environment) than do not bother applying.   Answer Question
    There is zero negotiation until after 30 days of employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Video in July 2014.

Went into store and filled out an application and then was scheduled for an interview later that week. 2 days later had the interview. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was asked about my customer service skills and why I wanted to work for them. It seemed like I really hit it off with the manager. I was told that I would be called by 5pm the next day if they were interested in me. I was also told that the next step would be an assessment and interview with district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Just behavior questions inquiring about how you handle customers   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Video.

Interview, super ridiculous test, and then another interview.....all on different days. Then wait 2 weeks to find out if you are hired, call them yourself to see if you are hired, find out you are hired and they want you, but not till next week, train for 4 hours, they forget you exists for a couple weeks and you forget what u learned, come back in after they finally call you, get treated like crap by manager and other employee........terrible experience, cannot wait for my next shift :( and all this for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions during interview but be aware they are looking for personality, not movie buffs.   Answer Question
    None.....you get what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Video in June 2014.

My first interview was at the front checkout desk, was very simple and easy. I was invited to take a "test" that was said to contain some math. When I arrived to take the test I was sat down in the open amongst the customers browsing and was timed for each section about 4-5 minutes. Most of the questions on the test are not overtly difficult but virtually needless in comparison to the needed so-called skill set to checkout videos. I passed the test and was offered a 2nd interview which I thought was tentative to being hired. The interview was given out in front of the store, which is a strange venue to say the least to conduct any interview. It went well, the majority of the subject matter was based on my experiences and what I thought about family video and why I would like to work there. The process in general was pretty unprofessional which is ironic because of the test involved. I awaited for a call for a week and contacted the store myself. Was told ,'you were not mentioned to me, so he must be persuing another candidate..." I have an Associates degree in IT, I'm working on my business management degree and I'm very outgoing and personable. I was a referral also so... If I can't land the job, what the hell do they want? Come on...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you want to work for Family Video?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, NE

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Video.

After filling out an application you are scheduled to take a general knowledge test, brush up on your high school exams, then you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If they bring up what media you watch.   View Answer
    There was none, they told me I will work around 20 hours a week (which is really 10 or less) and felt proud that they offered more than minimum wage ($8, I'm rich)

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Video.

Two interviews with the store manager and the district manager and a math test in between the two interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Video in March 2014.

I applied online via the site directly (they were not advertising that they were hiring) and received a call within a day or two! The initial interview was with the Store Manager in the Game Room of the store. She asked me only a handful of questions like "Tell me about yourself.", "What do you do in your free time?" and your answers kind of direct what they ask next. The first interview was all based on character. At the end of the interview, the store manager immediately scheduled me for a Pre-Employment test the following day. This test is honestly fairly difficult!! It consisted of somewhere around 8 parts and dealt with math, story problems, spelling, alphabetizing, catching errors in number and letter strings and speed. Each section of the test is timed. If you pass this test, you will get a call within a day or two and will be scheduled to meet with the District Manager in the store with another manager also (for me it was the same manager that administered my test). This interview is similar but you obviously need to win over the DM as he makes all final decisions. I was told I would know after two days but did not receive a call, so I called the Store Manager and told her I was just following up on the status of my interviews and she called the DM and returned my call with a job offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • Most all questions are based on character, customer service experience or skills, and how you would deal with customers. The company is very customer service oriented and is looking for social, positive and independent people.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate as I needed a job regardless. However, the DM gave me several opportunites to ask and I think they are willing to negotiate to some extent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

THey have a test to take that 90% of people will fail.