Family Video Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Fast, direct conversation. Interviewers were nice. Attended an open interview session as and spoke with a CSR as well as a manager. An assessment followed (test) that had multiple times sections. After that you meet with the hiring District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my education, goals, hobbies, and work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pat time position. Rate was non negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Zanesville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Short, easy and fast. I sent in my application online on a Friday, got called on Monday for an interview. Did the interview one on one at the store on a Wednesday and got told on that Friday they were going with other applicants. Manager was very nice during the interview and we had a good talk he just didn't feel I was right for the position, but nobody I know of that interviewed that week got hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Who is your person hero, the person in your life you look up to?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with something in your life not going as expected?   Answer Question

MIT (Manager In Training) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Park Forest, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Extensive but worth it. I would say you have to know about the company. A bit much. I had three interviews plus the panel. I don't have much more to say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Lexington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Video (New Lexington, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

interview was fun it was just like a big old convorsation with a girl like a date but not she asked questions and i answered no big deal i showed up 30 minutes early for the interview

Interview Questions

• where do you see your self in five years   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Video in July 2015.

Interview

This was a long process, 2 weeks start to finish. Interviewed with store manager, which was fairly relaxed and easy, and was then asked to set up for the proficiency test the next day. Test covers math and organization and reading comprehension and spelling. I found most of the test easy but struggled with the math. It was math that should be learned in 6th-7th grade so refresh on decimals and adding, subtracting, multiplying fractions. It is timed so do not spend too long on any one question. Learned after 4 days that I passed and 2 days later was set up with the district manager. When I arrived for this interview I was surprised and met with 2 people higher up than the district manager for my final interview. Was a bit more structured but still didn't feel too overall difficult. However in the end I did not receive a job offer. Still an overall good experience though. Taught me a lot about interviewing.

Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Charleston, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview I showed up 10 minutes early, had to wait 15 minutes for the manager to get back to the store. Interview took place in one of the less busy aisles. Great interview manager and I really hit it off. Lasted about 20 minutes but most of that was spent just talking and getting off topic from the interview, which was fine and got to show part of my personality you wouldn't normally get to show during a "normal" interview. Set up a time 3 days later to take the skill test. Test took about 45 minutes, I took it next to the check out counter while manager dealt with customers. Was called about 4 hours after I completed the test and she told me I passed the test and set up a final interview with the district manager. Due to the DM's schedule and vacation it will be almost 2 weeks before the DM interview so that is why for now I've selected haven't been offered a position as the process is still ongoing

Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

**NO FACIAL HAIR** They told me I had to shave my beard after I went through the whole interview process. Process took 3+ weeks just because they kept saying they would call me and then didn't. I went in twice after applying and called twice to check on my application before they finally called me. Interview was in an aisle of the store so kind of weird but had easy questions. Then had to take an aptitude test. This aptitude test is EASY. Whoever is on here saying it was hard or ridiculous has to be below average intelligence. I got done with every section with plenty of time remaining. It is addition, subtraction, multiplication and deduction. There are grammar and story problems with reading comprehension.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. Was called within 3 days. First interviewed with the store manager, next a 30 minute test - math, reading, etc. Next interview with district manager. All pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lackawanna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Lackawanna, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview 3 days later. The online application was very simple. Had my first interview with the District Manager at a different store than the one I was applying to - about 15 minutes away. I arrived 10 minutes early and was greeted by the District Manager when I walked in the door who interviewed me immediately. The interview took about 15 minutes in the video game section of the store. The DM was very friendly and fun and it felt more like a conversation. I was asked to take the skills test immediately after. Skills test was challenging as the store had a movie playing during my test. I was told I passed and would be called to set up a second interview. DM called 3 days later to schedule an interview with the Regional Manager. This time I had to drive about 40 minutes to a different store. When I arrived, I had to wait about 10 minutes as the RM was interviewing another candidate. Second interview was a bit stressful. The RM was polite but very serious. He asked me a lot of similar questions as the DM. I wasn't sure if I did well, but the DM called me the next day to offer a position. After reading more reviews as well as the employee handbook, I decided to decline. I really like the DM but the job just wasn't for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Video in June 2015.

Interview

Delivered application, was taken aside by manager to look over for "open interview" style thing. We were on the sales floor, but it was a slow afternoon, so it was rather informal. The manager went through a couple questions while looking over my application, asked me three questions (below), then told me he would get back to me. Two days later I received a call and was told I "wasn't what they were looking for for the position" which I thought was rather odd for a company with such a high turnover rate. Person who called was not the same person who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in sales?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with our company?   1 Answer
    • What kind of hours are you looking at?   1 Answer