Famous Dave's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Famous Dave's.

Easy process, but not very professional. Director looked hungover. The manager was late to the interview, even though the restaurant was not open for business during the interview. Tour of the kitchen was not impressive. Not well kept. They took over two weeks to get back to me, at which time, I had already accepted another position at an upscale restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • If I could go to 7 weeks of training in a different city   Answer Question

Server Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule interview a week later. Went in for a very informal (10 minutes) interview with a manger. Questions focused on previous work experience/schooling. Very easy interview.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Famous Dave's.

The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes, the same questions were asked you get at every interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. I got to the interview, met with the manager in a back room, cracked jokes and made her laugh. Had the interview, 3 days later got a call, and offered the job. I applied for the job on a Friday, got a call on a Monday asking for an interview, went in on a Wednesday for the interview. Then got a call the next Monday with a job offer. The process didn't take long at all.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Famous Dave's.

Everything is done on-line. Lots of questions/tests. It was a shot in the dark, no real human contact.

Interview Questions
    At the time I was hired there was face to face negotiations (2000) now all $ are standard.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Famous Dave's.

applied online, got a call within two days to schedule an interview. The day of the interview there waas no organization. About 5 people interviewed me and it took loonger than expected ( plus the interview was outside and it was very chilly) got an offer but decided not to take

Interview Questions

if the interview was very disorganized i could only imagine working there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holt, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holt, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Famous Dave's in April 2013.

Walk-in interviews were held at a hotel. Began by filling out an application and proceeded with a 1-on-1 interview with the assistant manager. Super friendly, easy to talk to. Showed an interest in my college studies and that lead to an enjoyable conversation about it. Eventually hired me on the spot

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Famous Dave's in March 2013.

I went in to apply, i spoke with the hiring manager. I left and 30 minutes later they called for an interview. I went in sat with the manager and talked for about 10 minutes. She hired me on the spot.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Famous Dave's in July 2012.

They call you in and you sit down with them. They ask you about some experiences on your resume. Got the job right then and there.

Host/ToGo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Famous Dave's in May 2012.

Walked in and applied for a job in addition to talking to the manager. I talked to a few employees, finished filling out the application, and then proceeded to speak with the on duty manager at the time. We spoke for a while and then they said that they wanted me to come back in at a later date to go into more detail and ask me more questions. Came back within the next week and went into more detail with the manager and was told that they wanted me to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions. Nothing too difficult and nothing out of the ordinary for a basic food service position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Famous Dave's in January 2012.

The hiring and Interview process seem pretty straightforward in regard to the line of work that one would do. They were concerned about schedule availability and commitment length.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any unexpected questions. It was a typical hiring process.   Answer Question
    They did not offer a negotiation phase. They offered a small base hourly pay (below minimum wage but that is typical for servers).