Famous Dave's Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Famous Dave's in January 2010.

The hiring process was long. I started the interview process in November and went through at least three interviews. The initial interview was only about 15 minutes long and I felt as if I were a contestant on American Idol. I had to impress the "judges" so I could go onto the next round!

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unexpected question was if I were a cereal, what cereal would I be and why,   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation, just a lot of follow up calls to the area director to see where they were in the hiring process

Hostess Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in March 2013.

I went in to apply, i spoke with the hiring manager. I left and 30 minutes later they called for an interview. I went in sat with the manager and talked for about 10 minutes. She hired me on the spot.

Host/ToGo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's in May 2012.

Walked in and applied for a job in addition to talking to the manager. I talked to a few employees, finished filling out the application, and then proceeded to speak with the on duty manager at the time. We spoke for a while and then they said that they wanted me to come back in at a later date to go into more detail and ask me more questions. Came back within the next week and went into more detail with the manager and was told that they wanted me to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions. Nothing too difficult and nothing out of the ordinary for a basic food service position.   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's in November 2010.

In charge of all BOH labor also FOH labor all ordering all training all inventory's food cost controls and all LTO projects all reviews and FOH development as well as invoicing and receiving.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's.

Everything is done on-line. Lots of questions/tests. It was a shot in the dark, no real human contact.

Interview Questions
    At the time I was hired there was face to face negotiations (2000) now all $ are standard.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noblesville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Famous Dave's in July 2012.

They call you in and you sit down with them. They ask you about some experiences on your resume. Got the job right then and there.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's.

applied online, got a call within two days to schedule an interview. The day of the interview there waas no organization. About 5 people interviewed me and it took loonger than expected ( plus the interview was outside and it was very chilly) got an offer but decided not to take

Interview Questions

if the interview was very disorganized i could only imagine working there

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tualatin, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Famous Dave's in April 2009.

Dropped by to obtain an application. Filled it out at home, then brought it back with a resume and cover letter. Was able to interview on the spot with hiring manger, who asked me to wait while he conferred with another manager. Then he called me back in after about 5 or ten minutes to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    I also applied as a bartender, but they were full. However, they said that I might be considered after some time.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holt, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holt, MI

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in April 2013.

Walk-in interviews were held at a hotel. Began by filling out an application and proceeded with a 1-on-1 interview with the assistant manager. Super friendly, easy to talk to. Showed an interest in my college studies and that lead to an enjoyable conversation about it. Eventually hired me on the spot

Host/ToGo Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in May 2009.

Found out about job while at a college job fair. I had restaurant experience in the past as a supervisor. I met with an assistant manager in a bar booth on a weekday early afternoon. He seemed to be very distracted. It still remains the only interview that I have had that did not lead to a job. Standard questions with one huge exception.

Interview Questions
    • What type of fruit would you be and why?   View Answer

Worked for Famous Dave's? Contribute to the Community!