Famous Dave's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Catering Manager Interview

Catering Manager
Gilroy, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Famous Dave's in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long. I started the interview process in November and went through at least three interviews. The initial interview was only about 15 minutes long and I felt as if I were a contestant on American Idol. I had to impress the "judges" so I could go onto the next round!

Interview Question – I think the most unexpected question was if I were a cereal, what cereal would I be and why,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation, just a lot of follow up calls to the area director to see where they were in the hiring process

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went in to apply, i spoke with the hiring manager. I left and 30 minutes later they called for an interview. I went in sat with the manager and talked for about 10 minutes. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – there wasn't any difficult questions   Answer Question

Host/ToGo Interview

Host/ToGo
Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in and applied for a job in addition to talking to the manager. I talked to a few employees, finished filling out the application, and then proceeded to speak with the on duty manager at the time. We spoke for a while and then they said that they wanted me to come back in at a later date to go into more detail and ask me more questions. Came back within the next week and went into more detail with the manager and was told that they wanted me to work for them.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions. Nothing too difficult and nothing out of the ordinary for a basic food service position.   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's in November 2010.

Interview Details – In charge of all BOH labor also FOH labor all ordering all training all inventory's food cost controls and all LTO projects all reviews and FOH development as well as invoicing and receiving.

Interview Question – catering separate from restaurant.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Famous Dave's.

Interview Details – Everything is done on-line. Lots of questions/tests. It was a shot in the dark, no real human contact.

Interview Question – All the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I was hired there was face to face negotiations (2000) now all $ are standard.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Noblesville, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Famous Dave's in July 2012.

Interview Details – They call you in and you sit down with them. They ask you about some experiences on your resume. Got the job right then and there.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's.

Interview Details – applied online, got a call within two days to schedule an interview. The day of the interview there waas no organization. About 5 people interviewed me and it took loonger than expected ( plus the interview was outside and it was very chilly) got an offer but decided not to take

Interview Question – no difficult questions , very basic questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – if the interview was very disorganized i could only imagine working there

Server Interview

Server
Tualatin, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Famous Dave's in April 2009.

Interview Details – Dropped by to obtain an application. Filled it out at home, then brought it back with a resume and cover letter. Was able to interview on the spot with hiring manger, who asked me to wait while he conferred with another manager. Then he called me back in after about 5 or ten minutes to offer me the job.

Interview Question – What were my weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I also applied as a bartender, but they were full. However, they said that I might be considered after some time.

Server Interview

Server
Holt, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Walk-in interviews were held at a hotel. Began by filling out an application and proceeded with a 1-on-1 interview with the assistant manager. Super friendly, easy to talk to. Showed an interest in my college studies and that lead to an enjoyable conversation about it. Eventually hired me on the spot

Host/ToGo Interview

Host/ToGo
Kenosha, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Famous Dave's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Found out about job while at a college job fair. I had restaurant experience in the past as a supervisor. I met with an assistant manager in a bar booth on a weekday early afternoon. He seemed to be very distracted. It still remains the only interview that I have had that did not lead to a job. Standard questions with one huge exception.

Interview Question – What type of fruit would you be and why?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Famous Dave's

Worked for Famous Dave's? Contribute to the Community!