Famsa USA

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software/Database Engineer (Bilingual) Interview

Farmers Branch, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Famsa USA in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to go to an interview in their office about a week after I submitted my resume through Craigslist. Although the position was a bilingual one (English and Spanish), I was not told the interview would be entirely in Spanish.

Everyone I met in the office had been working with FAMSA since before they set up operations in the US, and it very much felt like a piece of Mexico. The workplace had a small-company feel to it, and the interviewer confirmed that the culture was that of a small company.

More than half of the interview was spent discussing the position itself, with the interviewer describing exactly what he wanted from the employee. It felt more like an information session instead of the typical Q&A-based exchange. The one issue the interviewer focused on was that he wanted someone to be his right-hand man. He didn't want an employee that would just use the job as a way to get experience and then leave for a better job in a year or two. He explained that he had been working for the same company for 20 years, and it was implied that he expected the same level of loyalty and commitment from a new hire.

Interview Question – Since you are a new graduate seeking your first job, how do I know you will not use this job simply as a springboard to a better-paying job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Famsa USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Famsa USA interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Famsa USA employees and interview candidates.