Fanbox Interview Questions

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fanbox in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone interview for about 15 minutes. Few general questions: tell me about yourself, what you know about the company... I was told they would get back to me on the same day. Never got a response from them.

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was first screened by a company recruiter who was very nice and provided me with more information about the company. I was informed that they would like to schedule me for an in-person interview with the head of HR. I spent about an hour interviewing with the head of HR. I was asked a series of questions aimed at finding out how my personality and approach would fit with the company. Finally, the next week, they requested me to interview with the COO. This interview was more rigorous, consisting of a lot of questions around scenarios and how I would react in them. I was also asked about my approach and given an opportunity to ask questions about the company and team. I was then informed of the following interviewing steps that would be taken, if they decided to have me back after discussing my potential with the other interviewers. My feelings were positive after the series of interviews, I had a feeling they liked me. I never heard back from anyone regarding their interest or lack there of in hiring me. I tried contacting the recruiter, but the phone number was disconnected. I wrote an email to the COO with no response. Finally, I called the business main line and got a full voicemail box.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline in delivering a product? If so, how did you explain this to your superiors?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied through my college's career portal. I got a phone call from them a few days later and took the skills test the very next day. Take note that I am more a software developer than a web applications programmer, so I had little JavaScript experience, no CSS experience whatsoever, but was able to figure out what was needed for the answers. I applied because it was an entry-level position with training offered, I figured with that with some exposure and a natural inquisitiveness, I would get an offer, and then get trained. I got a call for a phone interview and obviously made it through because I was scheduled to come in to the offices for an interview. I got to the fanbox office in San Diego and was taken on a tour of the company and then given a presentation which I figured was more damage control than anything else, because of the negatives surrounding fanbox. Take note of someone who sits in on the presentation, touted as another applicant. I believed him to be an employee trying to see the questions you ask and the way you behave in general during the interview. Following the presentation, I was given a written test which I didn't expect, and which was not mentioned until then. You will be interrupted to take your interview, and then given the chance to continue the test which will be collected from you a few minutes later. My advice will be to work on it as fast as you can because you are not given nearly enough time to do this. The actual interview consisted of basic html, JavaScript, and sql questions. Know your JavaScript well because if you don't, no matter what interest you show in learning it after being hired, you will NOT receive an offer. Anyway, this has been my interview experience. I would have declined the offer anyway because I did not want to work for a company as unprofessional as fanbox after the way they treated the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question per se, just be sure to know HTML, JavaScript, and SQL very well before applying to this company   Answer Question

HTML Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

The first thing to do is obviously submit your resume. I received an email asking to complete an online test. The test consisted of creating a table-less HTML webpage. They gave you a picture of the webpage and the graphics needed. Obviously, you have to use CSS. The website has to look just like theirs.

Interview Questions

• Create a table-less HTML webpage given their graphic of it. Use CSS and HTML.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was callled after I applied through Nacelink at U of Utah. I spoke to a recruiter for 10 mins which described the company and then asked me to take an initial "assessment" of my skills. I took the test that night and then the recruiter called me the next day to say I passed. I then scheduled a flight out to San Diego for the interview. I interviewed with the head of engineering and one other software engineer. I also met with the Dir of HR and a few other members of the team. They spent an hour taking me through the history of the company / strategy. I was also asked to purchase my own flight to San Diego. They reimbursed me $300 for my flight. They served us Pizza for lunch. Its about a 10 min cab ride from the aiport to downtown San Diego. Its hard to see building (big brick building).You will see a fanbox sign above doorway.

Interview Questions

• 8 Ball logic question (not giving you the answer)!!!!!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me 2 options to choose from (1 higher salary and 1 higher stock). Know your web basic before flying out. They will ask you similiar questions to what is on the initial assessment test

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied online, took the personality test, and was invited for an in-person interview. They were only willing to reimburse $300 for travel and since I was living on the east coast, this was difficult. They suggested I fly in that morning and take a red-eye out that night so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. I thought that was a little ridiculous. To make sure it was worth my while, I sent a list of questions to the HR Rep and she never got back to me on them. I had a sick feeling in my stomach about the company, so I didn't pursue the in-person interview. When I cancelled I didn't get any response from them. Guess it wasn't meant to be!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fanbox in May 2009.

Interview

They just made me come in to their office and fill out an application. After that a very young girl, maybe recent grad, started the interview. As soon as they told me that there was no actual 'salary' and that all the income would be share with all the employees in the company, I knew there was something fishy. Then she explained to me that in the last year she only got 1000 a couple time a year.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for *no salary*?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Got flown out for an interview at the Fanbox office after taking an online skills test. It was supposed to be a "day in the life" kind of deal where I spent 3-4 hours at their office. That morning began with a presentation given to some other interviewees and me. I was pulled out early for the start of my interview. It was with 2 people, a product manager or something along those lines and a developer. We talked about the company for a bit when I asked the product manager guy some pretty tough questions about some things I had read about the company online. Mainly about the 50-60 hour workweeks and the very high employee turnover rate. He was not pleased and left quite quickly to leave the dev and myself to some questions they had. There were some basic logic questions and a couple of extremely basic programming questions, all of which I did well on. At that point the dev left and I was left waiting for an HR person. The HR person came in, told me they didn't think I was a good fit for the company, and escorted me out.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL statement to select some information from some tables in a database.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Contact started off with an e-mail while I was still in school. I agreed to have an interview with the company right after I completed my schooling. I had a brief phone interview followed by two online tests - one technical in nature and the other being a personality test. Shortly after, I was invited to go to their office for an in-person interview. I took a written technical exam, and interviewed wit about 4 different people, each with a different background and skillset. Overall length of interview was about 4 hours with a lunch break in between.

Interview Questions

• The face-to-face technical exam.   1 Answer

I researched the company before I even did the interview and formed a terrible impression of the company. It was obvious that this company was terribly managed and employees were treated poorly. However, seeing as how I didn't have a job and had plenty of time, I decided to go ahead with the interview as a way to familiarize myself with the whole interview process. Additionally, I thought there was a slight possibility that I would form a more positive opinion of the company after seeing it in person. After the interview, my opinion of the company took a turn for the worse. The work environment was not nearly as inviting as their website makes it out to be. My brief visit to their office, however, was long enough to determine that many of the negative comments directed to this company rang true.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fanbox (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I had a lot of promises given to me about company culture and how wonderful it is to work at fanbox. They were not very sincere and wanted me to adapt to their idea of what a great place to work would be. In the end it was kind of a joke.

Interview Questions

• What events in your life have been hard?   1 Answer

to low of sallary. I felt like they didnt have very good people in charge.