Fandango

Employer Engaged

Fandango Interview Questions

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fandango in June 2014.

This was one of the worst recruiting experiences I have had, and that's saying a lot. I was referred by an employee for an open position, and the recruiter got in touch with me to set up a phone screen. On the day of the call, she couldn't locate my resume, couldn't recall how she had found me, and eventually managed to open up an old (over a year-old) version of my resume. Based on what she saw on that version, she began to question my eligibility for the position. When I clarified her confusion, she finally found the right version. However, it was obvious she had already made up her mind and I was working to undo her first impression.

She kept grilling me on some tools that she said were pre-requisite for the job, even though they were explicitly listed only as "nice to have" in the job description.

When it came to the salary part of the conversation, she was insulting: "Your expectations are in line with what we would offer, but why should we pay you that much when you don't have the skills?" Once again, I DID have the right skills, but she was going by her first impression.

She left me off saying she would schedule me for a phone conversation with the hiring manager. Then I never heard from her again until 3 weeks later, when she simply said they decided to pass.

Overall rude, incompetent, and unprofessional.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fandango in January 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter regarding a possible opportunity at the Fandango office in Santa Monica. I had several rounds of interviews over the Christmas break, all the way from a VP to several of their directs. The recruiters were less than professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about me interviewing you, considering you would be my boss?   View Answer

Director, User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fandango in May 2013.

I contacted an internal recruiter directly through LinkedIn after seeing a job posting. The recruiter set up a phone screen. The phone screen was very typical. At the end of the phone screen I was told that I would be contacted to set up an in person interview. A week passed and I didn't hear back so I circled back and emailed the recruiter. A day later I was again told that they wanted to proceed with an in person interview and that someone would be contacting me shortly. I never heard back from anyone at Fandango. I was surprised to have such an amateurish experience with a company that should being competing for top talent.

Interview Questions
    • Standard phone screen. Questions were standard and not difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fandango in November 2012.

I was disappointed that I never interviewed with the project manager or engineers I would be working with. This may have helped me to gauge the lack of team chemistry and trust on the team. The internal recruiter messed up my offer letter by the tune of $10K less than the offer made on the phone. Error was corrected but threw me off for a while.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to give specific examples of things I would do to improve the site.   Answer Question
    Internal recruiter told me I had to start by a certain date in order to go to orientation at NBCUniversal in Burbank. This is not true - it was just a ploy to get me start sooner and take no time off between jobs. You can always do orientation later after you have already started. Several executives skipped out on orientation for several months.

Systems Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fandango in January 2012.

Very friendly interviewers, they got back to me quickly. Overall, a pleasure.

Senior Front End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fandango.

Interviewed with the Director of Development and the CTO. The director had me solve some high level basic architectural questions and basic development methodology.

Interview Questions
    • The CTO asked me to solve a problem on the production site for a promotion they were running. I was able to give him my hypothesis for the solution given the time. After the interview, I went home and solved it (to reconfirm my hypothesis) and emailed the solution to him.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fandango.

Standard phone screening and in person interview. The interview went pretty well, so I thought. Very standard questions of strengths/weaknesses, situational, experience...etc.

I was unable to meet with the CPO during my interview because she was sick and out of the office. I tried for a while to get a follow up interview but was given answers like ("i'll follow up", "We're still in first round interviews"). It took them a whole month to tell me that they were looking for someone more senior.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with situations with difficult people?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

interviewed at Fandango in April 2012.

Honestly, their recruiting process is unprofessional and *very* sloppy.

I had my job interview postponed 3 times and then before the 4th time, I received a call from HR that Senior QA Engineer position has recently been filled and there's no need to come for the interview.

I was so angry and upset because I took PTO from my current job. I responded via email that this was unacceptable and wrong.

The next day, HR contacted me if I would be open to meeting him for a cup of coffee later in the week or next week to talk about things, and to keep the lines of communication open.

I thanked and declined because I am not willing to take more time off. Besides, meeting for coffee was not the formal interview.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fandango in July 2011.

quick