Fandango

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fandango in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter regarding a possible opportunity at the Fandango office in Santa Monica. I had several rounds of interviews over the Christmas break, all the way from a VP to several of their directs. The recruiters were less than professional in my opinion.

Interview Question – How do you feel about me interviewing you, considering you would be my boss?   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fandango in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was disappointed that I never interviewed with the project manager or engineers I would be working with. This may have helped me to gauge the lack of team chemistry and trust on the team. The internal recruiter messed up my offer letter by the tune of $10K less than the offer made on the phone. Error was corrected but threw me off for a while.

Interview Question – Asked me to give specific examples of things I would do to improve the site.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal recruiter told me I had to start by a certain date in order to go to orientation at NBCUniversal in Burbank. This is not true - it was just a ploy to get me start sooner and take no time off between jobs. You can always do orientation later after you have already started. Several executives skipped out on orientation for several months.

Director, User Experience Interview

Director, User Experience
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fandango in May 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted an internal recruiter directly through LinkedIn after seeing a job posting. The recruiter set up a phone screen. The phone screen was very typical. At the end of the phone screen I was told that I would be contacted to set up an in person interview. A week passed and I didn't hear back so I circled back and emailed the recruiter. A day later I was again told that they wanted to proceed with an in person interview and that someone would be contacting me shortly. I never heard back from anyone at Fandango. I was surprised to have such an amateurish experience with a company that should being competing for top talent.

Interview Question – Standard phone screen. Questions were standard and not difficult.   Answer Question

Systems Development Intern Interview

Systems Development Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fandango in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewers, they got back to me quickly. Overall, a pleasure.

Interview Question – Reverse a string.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer

I interviewed at Fandango in April 2012.

Interview Details – Honestly, their recruiting process is unprofessional and *very* sloppy.

I had my job interview postponed 3 times and then before the 4th time, I received a call from HR that Senior QA Engineer position has recently been filled and there's no need to come for the interview.

I was so angry and upset because I took PTO from my current job. I responded via email that this was unacceptable and wrong.

The next day, HR contacted me if I would be open to meeting him for a cup of coffee later in the week or next week to talk about things, and to keep the lines of communication open.

I thanked and declined because I am not willing to take more time off. Besides, meeting for coffee was not the formal interview.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Senior Front End Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fandango.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Director of Development and the CTO. The director had me solve some high level basic architectural questions and basic development methodology.

Interview Question – The CTO asked me to solve a problem on the production site for a promotion they were running. I was able to give him my hypothesis for the solution given the time. After the interview, I went home and solved it (to reconfirm my hypothesis) and emailed the solution to him.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fandango.

Interview Details – Standard phone screening and in person interview. The interview went pretty well, so I thought. Very standard questions of strengths/weaknesses, situational, experience...etc.

I was unable to meet with the CPO during my interview because she was sick and out of the office. I tried for a while to get a follow up interview but was given answers like ("i'll follow up", "We're still in first round interviews"). It took them a whole month to tell me that they were looking for someone more senior.

Interview Question – How do you deal with situations with difficult people?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fandango in July 2011.

Interview Details – quick

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fandango? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fandango interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fandango employees and interview candidates.