Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2011.

Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question
    I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2013.

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2011.

I researched the company before the interview and thought of questions to ask when the interview concluded. The initial interview on campus consisted of just one 1:1 interview. I received an email from them asking if I would like to go to an in-office visit. That consisted of an informational session with three 1:1 interviews following.

Interview Questions
    • How would I convince someone that my idea was better than theirs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2008.

General Questions such as "describe any risks you took at your last position?"

Didn't try.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2010.

The HR recruiter performed a phone interview and then I was invited for two 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Questions
    • The business analysis requirements process consist of different ways to elicit information from stakeholders, how would you perform this task if your stakeholders were situated at different levels of the company and why?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary. Be sure you know what you are worth and stick to it.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2009.

Initial phone screening from coporate recruiter followed by a serues if 1:1 interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!