Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Questions

• Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening from coporate recruiter followed by a serues if 1:1 interviews with managers.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

General Questions such as "describe any risks you took at your last position?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2010.

Interview

The HR recruiter performed a phone interview and then I was invited for two 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Questions

• The business analysis requirements process consist of different ways to elicit information from stakeholders, how would you perform this task if your stakeholders were situated at different levels of the company and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. Be sure you know what you are worth and stick to it.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

I researched the company before the interview and thought of questions to ask when the interview concluded. The initial interview on campus consisted of just one 1:1 interview. I received an email from them asking if I would like to go to an in-office visit. That consisted of an informational session with three 1:1 interviews following.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince someone that my idea was better than theirs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Very repetitive. Behavioral questions mainly. The interview also failed to explain much about the job and it's responsibilities. I made sure to ask many questions but it appeared that the answers I received were very general. It's evident that interview training isn't something that exists. My advice to upper management and HR would be to provide additional training so employees are prepared to interview external AND internal candidates. It's important for the job applicant to understand as much as they can about the job considering the interview process is supposed to be an educational experience for both parties.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you faced and had to overcome? Describe an experience where you had to find your own solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I applied through university, then receive a on campus interview. The interviewer is friendly, and easy to talk to. But unfortunately, the position requires more work experiences than I have.