Fannie Mae

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Question – Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2011.

Interview Details – Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Question – Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Interview Question – they were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2011.

Interview Details – I researched the company before the interview and thought of questions to ask when the interview concluded. The initial interview on campus consisted of just one 1:1 interview. I received an email from them asking if I would like to go to an in-office visit. That consisted of an informational session with three 1:1 interviews following.

Interview Question – How would I convince someone that my idea was better than theirs.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2010.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter performed a phone interview and then I was invited for two 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Question – The business analysis requirements process consist of different ways to elicit information from stakeholders, how would you perform this task if your stakeholders were situated at different levels of the company and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. Be sure you know what you are worth and stick to it.

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2008.

Interview Details – General Questions such as "describe any risks you took at your last position?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't try.

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening from coporate recruiter followed by a serues if 1:1 interviews with managers.

Interview Question – Basic strengths, weaknesses and background questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!