Fannie Mae

Very Easy Interview

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a total joke. If you are a minority, you have a 99.99% chance of getting a good job paying good if you can pass a drug test. I checked on my online application that I was American Indian and other (German/Swedish) . They called me for an interview and we have a nice long conversation. They told me they only had a few applications for a few positions. They said I sounded perfect for the job (we have not even talked about my resume and the resume was the first one I have wrote in 15 years so I am sure it was not the best. (by the way....I have a very strong non American accent even after living here for 15 years). She said was excited to see me on the first day they were interviewing.
I showed up 30 minutes dressed very nice. Once the interview clerk came around the corner....he asked the security clerk where I was..and the clerk pointed to me....I could see the disappointment in his eyes. (I look white 100%). He said to follow me. No introductions...no small talk. We walked in the interview room and the managers Bruce and Chris saw me and they had the same look. It was clear they were looking for a Jose Canseco or Michael Jordan, not an Edward Norton. Neither even stood to shake my hand. Both leaned forward to shake. One of the managers, Chris Cordina kept calling me Jim or Josh, my name is James and I go by James. The other manager Bruce Ingram was more interested in talking about how important he is to Fannie Mae and Fannie Mae is lucky to have him.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fannie Mae

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Fannie Mae Videos

Fannie Mae – Why Work for Us?

We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in turning our company around, responding to an unprecedented housing crisis… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fannie Mae Claims Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fannie Mae employees and interview candidates.