Fannie Mae Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Governance Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2014.

Got a call from the recruiter to do a phone interview with the HM for the following week and I happily accepted. When I received the call the HM ask a few questions about my background and then went on to tell me that there was a miscommunication between her and the recruiter about what she was looking for and that I wasn't it. She said she wanted someone with claims experience or something
    of that nature. The whole experience was just uncomfortable and akward. Then she went to ask more questions and then ask me if I had any questions for her. Are you serious?? You just told me that I only got the interview because of a mistake between you and the recruiter. What could I possibly have to ask you? She had my resume in her possession for a week no where on it did it say anything about claims. I just wish I had of been informed before the actual interview that I wasn't the right candidate for her role.

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Questions
    I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was first contacted by a recruiter from the company, then I went in for an interview.,

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2013.

It was a total joke. If you are a minority, you have a 99.99% chance of getting a good job paying good if you can pass a drug test. I checked on my online application that I was American Indian and other (German/Swedish) . They called me for an interview and we have a nice long conversation. They told me they only had a few applications for a few positions. They said I sounded perfect for the job (we have not even talked about my resume and the resume was the first one I have wrote in 15 years so I am sure it was not the best. (by the way....I have a very strong non American accent even after living here for 15 years). She said was excited to see me on the first day they were interviewing.
    I showed up 30 minutes dressed very nice. Once the interview clerk came around the corner....he asked the security clerk where I was..and the clerk pointed to me....I could see the disappointment in his eyes. (I look white 100%). He said to follow me. No introductions...no small talk. We walked in the interview room and the managers Bruce and Chris saw me and they had the same look. It was clear they were looking for a Jose Canseco or Michael Jordan, not an Edward Norton. Neither even stood to shake my hand. Both leaned forward to shake. One of the managers, Chris Cordina kept calling me Jim or Josh, my name is James and I go by James. The other manager Bruce Ingram was more interested in talking about how important he is to Fannie Mae and Fannie Mae is lucky to have him.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2011.

Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question
    I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

Fraud Investigator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2011.

Was already a Contractor so interview process was quite short. Interviewers already aware of my ethics and work records.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2010.

The interview consisted of 3 team members asking me questions about my background , situation scenarios and why I would be a good fit for their team. They told me about the responsibilities that I would be in charge of if I were offered the position. Overall, it wasn't a difficult interview because the team was very easy going and we had good chemistry. I imagine some of the other positions at Fannie are similar but some may ask more technical questions pertaining to the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    I was able to successfully negotiate my salary. As usual, do your research and present the facts to HR. I was happy with the outcome.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

I was hired as full time employee at Fannie Mae after getting my foot in the door as a contractor, several years ago. As a contractor, my first interview was via phone with two individuals on a conference call. I recall it being quite lengthy. After I passed that step, these same individuals had me interview with them in person; I interviewed with both simultaneously. Fannie Mae made their decision to hire me very quickly. From phone interview to hire, it was only two days. (Registering with contracting agency initially, providing required paperwork, added time to process.)

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I do not recall most difficult question.   Answer Question
    Since I was contractor, my salary was discussed up front via my agency, per their contract with Fannie Mae.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2009.

Initial interview questions consisted of detailed breakdown of methodology and process. Previous experience with Mortgage Industry is important. Final interview tested my general knowledge of the competitive landscape and my awareness of trends and activities in the industry. Questions in general were very engaging and thought provoking. It is important to prepare for each state of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion of Fannie Mae's involvement in the housing crisis?   Answer Question
    I am an on-site W2 contractor. Dealing with their 3rd party vendor was a not easy as they allowed almost no room to negotiate.

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2009.

I haven't completed the entire process yet.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!