Fannie Mae

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral Based. Focus on type of people, not what people know. Very standard behavior questions regarding experience, personality, leadership involvement, & resume. Make sure you come with questions and you understand Fannies Mkt role. Have an idea about what sort of legislation and poicy is being discussed and the future implications.

Interview Question – None were technical. Other full time positions can be very technical depending on the nature of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable. Set for associates, other positions can be negotiated based on experience.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round of interviews was on campus at my school. Very basic questions, pretty much walked through my resume. Typical interview questions such as: Why Fannie?, What made you pick your major?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, etc. Just interviewd yesterday still waiting to hear back to see if I am invited for on site interviews at Fannie.

Interview Question – What do you think you can bring to Fannie Mae?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Herndon, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was great. I had a positive feedback but was not given an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked on multiple projects.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2009.

Interview Details – Started with an interview on campus and moved to on site. Dinner at the executive dining room the night before the interviews had the opportunity to meet the current employees and the CFO. Impressed with the organization of the recruiting process and the managers I met during the interviews.

Interview Question – Walk me down your resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not offer enough opportunity for part time graduate school

Finance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus first. The interview was very conversational and behavioral. I was given a second round interview and went to the D.C. office. There were four interviews with current associates and other finance employees. These were again mostly behavioral with some small technical questions that didn't pull much weight. We ate lunch with many of the associates and were able to talk to them about their experience. I heard back a couple weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Explain loan-to-value   Answer Question

Finance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – First had an interview at my school - very basic and behavioral. Then, was invited to the company for a set of four interviews that were also all behavioral. This day included interviews by people with various experiences at Fannie Mae, including some already in the finance associate program or those who had just finished the program and were promoted.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you ...   Answer Question

Finance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – I interviewed though an on campus program after submitting my résumé online.. The initial interview had a very relaxed get to know you type of feel. All of the questions were very basic or resume based. The interviewer was laid back and easy to talk to. Overall it was a relatively easy interview.

Interview Question – What does Fannie Mae do?   View Answer

Finance Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

Interview Details – This a great company to learn and then historically report the finding into the fiture to calibeart the present and deal

Interview Question – This a great company to learn and then historically report the finding into the fiture to calibeart the present and deal   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!