Fannie Mae Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2009.

I interviewed through on grounds interviewing and was the second to last interview of the day. IT WAS ABYSMAL! When I walked in to shake the interviewer's hand he turned his body to pick up papers on a table and never introduced himself--ZERO EYE CONTACT. The rest of the interview consisted of typical behavioral questions where he stared at my resume, never looking at me as I responded and saying things like "umm..." as he attempted to come up with another question in the middle of my answers. I felt like I was on a sinking ship throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
  • "Oh I see you're a Foreign Affairs Major, what class are you taking that you really like"   Answer Question
  • "Ummm, what is your leadership experience"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2009.

The interview was with the group manager. I was asked about my past experience, on why I am looking to change the current job, my strengths and weekeness and finally my approach to a certain process variation

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2010.

The process took two weeks. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who was very nice. It took sometime to schedule the interviews due to the busy schedules. The in-person interviews according to me went very well, I answered all the questions. The questions were pretty straight forward. The work environment also looked good.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you not considering looking for another position with your current employer in another department?   Answer Question
    • What function do Outer Joins perform in SQL?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2008.

Initially applied for the job by referral from a friend who was working there at the time. Long wait between submitting my application and being contacted for an interview. Interviews were good - everyone was nice and tone was conversational. I met with an HR rep as well as three members of the team I was applying to. There was another very long wait before I was contacted for the second a final interview. Things moved more quickly after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2011.

Met reps on campus for a first round interview which lasted around 30 minutes. There were two interviewers for the first round. The second interview took place in D.C. (tenleytown office). Hotel and meal was provided. One interviewer per room in the second round, but a total of four interviews over the course of a couple hours.

Interview Questions
    • mostly fit questions (i.e. why do you want to work at Fannie? strengths/weaknesses, etc). a few interviews asked how much i knew about the securitization process, but the aim was to educate rather than test my knowledge.

also, the typical "walk me through your resume."
        Answer Question
    no negotiation phase. all salaries (at least at this level) are a flat, market adjusted figure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2010.

Met with 4 members of the team I was going to work with the first day. Spent about 10 to 15 minutes with each of them. Most of them did not have much to ask besides the manager of the team. I was told to come 15 minutes earlier to get through security. All I had to do for security was give the security guard my ID to create a badge for me. It took less than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Standard contract for all contractors as far as I can tell.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2010.

Interviewer was very cordial. She expressed interest in my past experience, and asked questions that helped her understand my qualifications. I did not feel any pressure, or nervous at all. She expressed desire for me to be part of the team, but I was unable due to their strict guidelines for interns (must be sophomore or junior). The interviewer was obviously not the final decision maker. She said she had to talk to the hiring manager to see if they could take an exception to their rule. The manager declined.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing you have learned in your schooling about finance?   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!