Fannie Mae

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I applied through university, then receive a on campus interview. The interviewer is friendly, and easy to talk to. But unfortunately, the position requires more work experiences than I have.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I applied through my college's website and was offered an interview. Mostly behavioral (name one time you worked with a team to do a group project) and went over my resume. I had a lot of technical stuff on there(working with microcontrollers) so interview asked about that. I explained in depth what one of my projects were and seemed really interested. I think the more technical you are, the better it is because the interviewer was surprised with my technical background and that was the highlight of the interview. Just be yourself and be confident. I got a call about 2 weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just behavioral about teamwork. There was no business case or anything of that sort (probably because it was just an internship)   Answer Question

Had a better offer from a different company

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was unsure about Fannie Mae, but applied online through my university's on-campus recruiting site. The interviewer was asking questions that were quite in-depth and required a lot of knowledge about Fannie Mae and how it works.

Operations & Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

30-minute on campus interview was pretty simple, asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Obviously, study the company to know some background information and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Was told that I would have a phone screen with HR/Hiring manager. Ended up being a talk with a manager and full on interview immediately afterwards with the technical team.

Lots of technical questions (no surprise here), but no behavioral questions. Team was constantly interrupting me while I was trying to answer their questions. Probably would not have accepted the offer if it was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview. I was told that this would be an phone screen, not a full interview.   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I had two interviews and there were mostly general questions and some case study questions. 2nd round interview was conducted in Washington DC and actually interviewed with managers of each projects. It took me two month to hear back from Fannie Mae.

Summer Interview

The campus recruiters were great and made the process very simple. Interview was mostly behavioral. Did a phone interview with the recruiter and a few weeks later came in for half of a day that was in informal question and answer information session and then two back to back interviews. very easy and comfortable process and a great company

General Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was contacted by one of their recruiters. She emailed me a set of questions to find out if i met the job requirements. She then called me to for over the phone interview after which she told me she would be passing my information to the hiring manager and I would hear back from her the following week. It has been two weeks and two emails later, I still haven't received any feedback. The second time this is happening. This company has a habit of not following up.

Financial Economist Interview

Basically the interview is about the resume. Interviewers asked couple questions about the resume on part that caught their interests. Also, I were asked to answer some questions on the mortgage business process after I was given a overview on what Fannie's doing. The interview usually takes 30-40 minutes each and totally there're 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part is the time. There are 3-5 interviews in total and non-stop, you have to learn to deal with different type of managers.   Answer Question

Economist Interview

first wire interview then onsite; onsite usually takes one day with panel and individual interviews.
    in panel interview, it's like giving one seminar in college/university, they interrupt to ask and you have to be smart enough to respond. for individual interviews, they are interested in everything listed in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • go over the cv and ask the technique questions   View Answer