Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Economist Interview

first wire interview then onsite; onsite usually takes one day with panel and individual interviews.
    in panel interview, it's like giving one seminar in college/university, they interrupt to ask and you have to be smart enough to respond. for individual interviews, they are interested in everything listed in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • go over the cv and ask the technique questions   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2010.

Over phone and in person, very professional with person who would be my boss and then with her boss. The questions centered around my current abilities and the technologies they were going to be employing on the project (Oracle and Seibel). They wanted to be assured that I was interested in these areas and willing to work in a team on a large project.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, very straight forward. They asked me about specific software packages and if I had knowledge of them and if not was I interested in learning about them.   View Answer
    They presented a package including salary with an explanation of other benefits such as health care, education, stock options, mortgage assistance and an explanation of their review process.

Governance Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2014.

Got a call from the recruiter to do a phone interview with the HM for the following week and I happily accepted. When I received the call the HM ask a few questions about my background and then went on to tell me that there was a miscommunication between her and the recruiter about what she was looking for and that I wasn't it. She said she wanted someone with claims experience or something
    of that nature. The whole experience was just uncomfortable and akward. Then she went to ask more questions and then ask me if I had any questions for her. Are you serious?? You just told me that I only got the interview because of a mistake between you and the recruiter. What could I possibly have to ask you? She had my resume in her possession for a week no where on it did it say anything about claims. I just wish I had of been informed before the actual interview that I wasn't the right candidate for her role.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2014.

I got a call from the HR and she mentioned if i was interested in working for Fannie Mae. She then send me a document which had the interview details along with the topics they would be interviewing me on. I had an HR round and then the technical round.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview process was simple and easy and very quick. Had straight face to face wound of interview and the feedback was given same day and was asked to joined asap. That all depends upon how urgent the position is required to fill and this vary always.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Extremely professional and communicative. I really liked the recruiter I worked with throughout the entire process.

Only came in for one round of interviews - two with directors and two with managers (one being the hiring manager). Most of the questions revolved around fit and walking the interviewer through my work experience.

Recruiter called me back within two hours offering me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate offer. They offered much more than I expected and were able to match a competing offer from a less desirable location.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Very well done. Not intimidating. Long application process, actually my welcome letter was sent via email and subsequent documents were not sent (drug test info, background, ect) almost cost me the job.

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Questions
    I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2012.

There is only one phone interview and one in person interview with a panel of 2 possibly 3. Fairly easy general based questions about your resume. Mainly looking for mortgage/customer service background. Looking for excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possible writing/typing test.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions, very easy interview just study your resume. Be prepared to answer this question..... "Sell me yourself, why should you have this position"   Answer Question
    Only negotiate about 1k more than 51K or they'll offer it the next candidate.

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!