Fannie Mae

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Loan Servicing Specialist II

Interviewed at Fannie Mae

Interview Details – Very well done. Not intimidating. Long application process, actually my welcome letter was sent via email and subsequent documents were not sent (drug test info, background, ect) almost cost me the job.

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

NUC Review Appraiser
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Question – How you do you feel about change?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2012.

Interview Details – There is only one phone interview and one in person interview with a panel of 2 possibly 3. Fairly easy general based questions about your resume. Mainly looking for mortgage/customer service background. Looking for excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possible writing/typing test.

Interview Question – Situational questions, very easy interview just study your resume. Be prepared to answer this question..... "Sell me yourself, why should you have this position"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only negotiate about 1k more than 51K or they'll offer it the next candidate.

Architect IV Interview

Architect IV
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2011.

Interview Details – thrown together and very informal. lengthy but the people did not seem to know what they really wanted

Interview Question – asked about mortgage process that was very specific to secondary mortgage industry. i only knew answer because i came from Freddie Mac   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated salary with recruiter. you can ask for higher salary because Fannie needs people.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two (2) senior Administrative Assistant. I had a great interview with them, I felt comfortable. They were really inpress with my resume and how I handled myself during the interview process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Director of Accounting Interview

Director of Accounting

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2010.

Interview Details – Communication and process managed through human resources was efficient and very we'll managed

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Operations and Technology Associate

Interviewed at Fannie Mae

Interview Details – 4 behavioral interviews after 1 on campus interview. Very simple

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you showed leadership.... questions like that   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Question – Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2011.

Interview Details – very detailed. People in the interview panel respect the interview candidates

Interview Question – How would you deal with a disagreeing colleague   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!