Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Two Manager and one DBA was involved with the interview. interview was also one person in the phone. explain about my day to day job as a DBA. explain about troubleshooting .

Non-Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter a few days later to interview in a week or so. The recruiter was actually very nice and seemed interested in my experience. She mentioned the hiring manager would have to decide whether I would move on to the next step or not.Overall, I thought it went well but I did not get another interview. I received an email 5 days later saying I was not selected to move forward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Questions were focused on team building, project schedule management, risk mitigation, business relationship, etc. A lot of effort in Fannie Mae was focused on SDLC process improvement, so a good understanding of SDLC process would be a big help. Other questions were mostly from PMP certification study, such as scope and quality management, task tracking and status reporting, etc.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and went through two rounds of interview. I was interviewed by two people in the first run and three in the second. The whole process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked about my project and previous internship experience. Questions on NPV, IRR, forward rate, how to backtest. Questions were not really difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Vice President of the company's division I was being considered considered for. The interview process was simple, and didn't necessarily describe the job in detail.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff... Availability, case interview and role play.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2015.

Interview

Talked a lot about resume. Was routinely assured that I was doing great with the interview and that I did the best at the data analysis portion of the three part interview. Was called early next morning to be informed that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about the markets   Answer Question
    • Be ready for a data analysis portion recasting Fannie Mae's delinquent/ sales account records over the past decade.   1 Answer

Applications Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, got a call from recruiter arrangement was made for an interview and first round was with 2 manager for 30 mins phone and after 2 weeks in person interview with 3 managers 1 on 1. It went well and lasted 30 mins with each supervisors. Got an offer after a week. Everything else was great but the only issue is they took almost 2 months to complete the recruitment process from the time I applied.

Interview Questions

• Alot about my past experience and analytical questions with some technical questions.   Answer Question

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. One screening phone interview, followed by a hiring manager phone interview. The questions were very easy. Because it all happened in the late spring semester, I'm guessing that they needed to fill a position. All happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Describe a time when you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Hour long initial interview with basic resume questions and any projects you worked on. Final round is a day's worth of 30 minute interviews that are 15 minutes of them explaining the work they do, and 15 minutes quizzing you. Lots of repetition. Most of the people were nice and interesting, only two of them actually quiz you.

Senior Financial Economist Interview

Interview

It is a phone interview. The manager called in. She did't ask too much and only asked simple experience questions. The questions like: what did you research on your dissertation? any experience from your current job? how much do you know about Fannie Mae ? and why are you choosing Fannie Mae?