Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.9

Summer Interview

The campus recruiters were great and made the process very simple. Interview was mostly behavioral. Did a phone interview with the recruiter and a few weeks later came in for half of a day that was in informal question and answer information session and then two back to back interviews. very easy and comfortable process and a great company

General Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was contacted by one of their recruiters. She emailed me a set of questions to find out if i met the job requirements. She then called me to for over the phone interview after which she told me she would be passing my information to the hiring manager and I would hear back from her the following week. It has been two weeks and two emails later, I still haven't received any feedback. The second time this is happening. This company has a habit of not following up.

Financial Economist Interview

Basically the interview is about the resume. Interviewers asked couple questions about the resume on part that caught their interests. Also, I were asked to answer some questions on the mortgage business process after I was given a overview on what Fannie's doing. The interview usually takes 30-40 minutes each and totally there're 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part is the time. There are 3-5 interviews in total and non-stop, you have to learn to deal with different type of managers.   Answer Question

Economist Interview

first wire interview then onsite; onsite usually takes one day with panel and individual interviews.
    in panel interview, it's like giving one seminar in college/university, they interrupt to ask and you have to be smart enough to respond. for individual interviews, they are interested in everything listed in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • go over the cv and ask the technique questions   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview process was simple and easy and very quick. Had straight face to face wound of interview and the feedback was given same day and was asked to joined asap. That all depends upon how urgent the position is required to fill and this vary always.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Extremely professional and communicative. I really liked the recruiter I worked with throughout the entire process.

Only came in for one round of interviews - two with directors and two with managers (one being the hiring manager). Most of the questions revolved around fit and walking the interviewer through my work experience.

Recruiter called me back within two hours offering me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate offer. They offered much more than I expected and were able to match a competing offer from a less desirable location.

Governance Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2014.

Got a call from the recruiter to do a phone interview with the HM for the following week and I happily accepted. When I received the call the HM ask a few questions about my background and then went on to tell me that there was a miscommunication between her and the recruiter about what she was looking for and that I wasn't it. She said she wanted someone with claims experience or something
    of that nature. The whole experience was just uncomfortable and akward. Then she went to ask more questions and then ask me if I had any questions for her. Are you serious?? You just told me that I only got the interview because of a mistake between you and the recruiter. What could I possibly have to ask you? She had my resume in her possession for a week no where on it did it say anything about claims. I just wish I had of been informed before the actual interview that I wasn't the right candidate for her role.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Very well done. Not intimidating. Long application process, actually my welcome letter was sent via email and subsequent documents were not sent (drug test info, background, ect) almost cost me the job.

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Questions
    I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!