Fannie Mae

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Interviewed at Fannie Mae

Interview Details – 4 behavioral interviews after 1 on campus interview. Very simple

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you showed leadership.... questions like that   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Question – Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2011.

Interview Details – very detailed. People in the interview panel respect the interview candidates

Interview Question – How would you deal with a disagreeing colleague   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by an interview day in the office consisting of two 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Behavioral, spoke to resume.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – There were two round of interviews. The first one was a campus interview and lasted for 30 minutes. It went well and was mainly behavioral. Two weeks later, I was invited for a second round interview in the office. This consisted of three 45 minute interviews. These were also behavioral and focused on the resume.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you felt like you had to compromise your morals or values.   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II

Interviewed at Fannie Mae

Interview Details – Standard questions: greatest strength/weakness, experience with finance, etc.

Interview Question – There were no curveballs. The entire interview was surprisingly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real room for negotiations, but the compensation was very competitive with similar organizations.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – They initially reached out to me after a career fair on campus. Scheduled a one-on-one interview on campus. There was a greeter who did wonders to prepare me for the interview. Got invited to a second round super day in DC. 4 interviews back to back. The interviews were rather disorganized, but nothing was particularly difficult. Strictly behavioral questions. Work culture seemed fairly relaxed, but it seemed like none of the first and second year associates knew what was going on. Honestly it wasn't difficult at all.

Interview Question – Very standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Fraud Investigator III Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was already a Contractor so interview process was quite short. Interviewers already aware of my ethics and work records.

Interview Question – None as was aware of each interviewers.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2013.

Interview Details – (Senior PM - Contract Position ) : The in-person interview with Program Manager/Director and Technical Architect was based on experience & skill set stated in the resume along with scenario based questions.It was a good casual 1.5 hours discussion that was more on the lines of get to know each other & Fannie culture better.

Interview Question – The scenario based/behavioral questions were pretty general ones - like how did you handle a difficult situation with project stakeholder? etc;   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although Fannie's offer was good and I was comfortable with the team; I had an equally good competing offer from another firm.

General Accountant II Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – A recruiting manager from Fannie Mae called for a pre screen interview. Afterwards, she set me up with in person interviews with four higher-ups on the team. 30 min back to back interview with each person for a total of two hours. I think the hiring manager made it really pleasant and organized. I appreciate her hardwork and openness.

Interview Question – All four asked me tell me about yourself. Strengths and weaknesses. Longterm goal. Hardest question for me was: would you feel comfortable starting today with no guidance?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fannie Mae

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Fannie Mae Videos

Fannie Mae – Why Work for Us?

We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in turning our company around, responding to an unprecedented housing crisis… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fannie Mae interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fannie Mae employees and interview candidates.