Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Operations & Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

30-minute on campus interview was pretty simple, asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Obviously, study the company to know some background information and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Was told that I would have a phone screen with HR/Hiring manager. Ended up being a talk with a manager and full on interview immediately afterwards with the technical team.

Lots of technical questions (no surprise here), but no behavioral questions. Team was constantly interrupting me while I was trying to answer their questions. Probably would not have accepted the offer if it was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview. I was told that this would be an phone screen, not a full interview.   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I had two interviews and there were mostly general questions and some case study questions. 2nd round interview was conducted in Washington DC and actually interviewed with managers of each projects. It took me two month to hear back from Fannie Mae.

Summer Interview

The campus recruiters were great and made the process very simple. Interview was mostly behavioral. Did a phone interview with the recruiter and a few weeks later came in for half of a day that was in informal question and answer information session and then two back to back interviews. very easy and comfortable process and a great company

General Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was contacted by one of their recruiters. She emailed me a set of questions to find out if i met the job requirements. She then called me to for over the phone interview after which she told me she would be passing my information to the hiring manager and I would hear back from her the following week. It has been two weeks and two emails later, I still haven't received any feedback. The second time this is happening. This company has a habit of not following up.

Financial Economist Interview

Basically the interview is about the resume. Interviewers asked couple questions about the resume on part that caught their interests. Also, I were asked to answer some questions on the mortgage business process after I was given a overview on what Fannie's doing. The interview usually takes 30-40 minutes each and totally there're 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part is the time. There are 3-5 interviews in total and non-stop, you have to learn to deal with different type of managers.   Answer Question

Economist Interview

first wire interview then onsite; onsite usually takes one day with panel and individual interviews.
    in panel interview, it's like giving one seminar in college/university, they interrupt to ask and you have to be smart enough to respond. for individual interviews, they are interested in everything listed in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • go over the cv and ask the technique questions   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview process was simple and easy and very quick. Had straight face to face wound of interview and the feedback was given same day and was asked to joined asap. That all depends upon how urgent the position is required to fill and this vary always.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Extremely professional and communicative. I really liked the recruiter I worked with throughout the entire process.

Only came in for one round of interviews - two with directors and two with managers (one being the hiring manager). Most of the questions revolved around fit and walking the interviewer through my work experience.

Recruiter called me back within two hours offering me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate offer. They offered much more than I expected and were able to match a competing offer from a less desirable location.

Governance Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2014.

Got a call from the recruiter to do a phone interview with the HM for the following week and I happily accepted. When I received the call the HM ask a few questions about my background and then went on to tell me that there was a miscommunication between her and the recruiter about what she was looking for and that I wasn't it. She said she wanted someone with claims experience or something
    of that nature. The whole experience was just uncomfortable and akward. Then she went to ask more questions and then ask me if I had any questions for her. Are you serious?? You just told me that I only got the interview because of a mistake between you and the recruiter. What could I possibly have to ask you? She had my resume in her possession for a week no where on it did it say anything about claims. I just wish I had of been informed before the actual interview that I wasn't the right candidate for her role.