Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Senior Financial Economist Interview

It is a phone interview. The manager called in. She did't ask too much and only asked simple experience questions. The questions like: what did you research on your dissertation? any experience from your current job? how much do you know about Fannie Mae ? and why are you choosing Fannie Mae?

Technology Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Single round face to face interview. The interviewer went through my resume and asked me to explain my experiences and what I wanted to do in the future. The interview was a fairly straightforward behavioral interview, no technical or analytic questions were asked. I got a chance to ask questions about the company at the end.

Summer Interview

Went through employee resume drop, got interview. Went into interview with company overview, then had 30 minute interviews with three different managers. Was very relaxed and not strict at all, had great conversations with all. Good experience at internship as well, would recommend to apply. Was in the Operations and Technology group, all hiring managers were in that department. HR people were great, especially Daphne, nicest woman in the world.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2015.

Apply through college recruiting. Receive phone screening and a 30 minutes phone interview. Invited for on site interview at the following week at Washington D.C. . The on site interview is similar to the superday of the Big four public accounting firm. Have introduction at the first 30 minutes, and three individual interview following.

Interview Questions
    • Walk through resume and mostly position related question and some behavioral question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I applied through university, then receive a on campus interview. The interviewer is friendly, and easy to talk to. But unfortunately, the position requires more work experiences than I have.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I applied through my college's website and was offered an interview. Mostly behavioral (name one time you worked with a team to do a group project) and went over my resume. I had a lot of technical stuff on there(working with microcontrollers) so interview asked about that. I explained in depth what one of my projects were and seemed really interested. I think the more technical you are, the better it is because the interviewer was surprised with my technical background and that was the highlight of the interview. Just be yourself and be confident. I got a call about 2 weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just behavioral about teamwork. There was no business case or anything of that sort (probably because it was just an internship)   Answer Question

Had a better offer from a different company

Financial Economist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2014.

I applied online, and got a call from HR after about one month. The HR asked some general questions and then invited me to an on-site interview arranged one week later. I was interviewed by 6 people including VP. Questions are mostly based on resume. They also asked some technical questions. Waited a week for final decision.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was unsure about Fannie Mae, but applied online through my university's on-campus recruiting site. The interviewer was asking questions that were quite in-depth and required a lot of knowledge about Fannie Mae and how it works.

Operations & Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

30-minute on campus interview was pretty simple, asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Obviously, study the company to know some background information and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Was told that I would have a phone screen with HR/Hiring manager. Ended up being a talk with a manager and full on interview immediately afterwards with the technical team.

Lots of technical questions (no surprise here), but no behavioral questions. Team was constantly interrupting me while I was trying to answer their questions. Probably would not have accepted the offer if it was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview. I was told that this would be an phone screen, not a full interview.   Answer Question