Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Questions were focused on team building, project schedule management, risk mitigation, business relationship, etc. A lot of effort in Fannie Mae was focused on SDLC process improvement, so a good understanding of SDLC process would be a big help. Other questions were mostly from PMP certification study, such as scope and quality management, task tracking and status reporting, etc.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and went through two rounds of interview. I was interviewed by two people in the first run and three in the second. The whole process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked about my project and previous internship experience. Questions on NPV, IRR, forward rate, how to backtest. Questions were not really difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Vice President of the company's division I was being considered considered for. The interview process was simple, and didn't necessarily describe the job in detail.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff... Availability, case interview and role play.   Answer Question

Applications Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, got a call from recruiter arrangement was made for an interview and first round was with 2 manager for 30 mins phone and after 2 weeks in person interview with 3 managers 1 on 1. It went well and lasted 30 mins with each supervisors. Got an offer after a week. Everything else was great but the only issue is they took almost 2 months to complete the recruitment process from the time I applied.

Interview Questions

• Alot about my past experience and analytical questions with some technical questions.   Answer Question

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. One screening phone interview, followed by a hiring manager phone interview. The questions were very easy. Because it all happened in the late spring semester, I'm guessing that they needed to fill a position. All happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Describe a time when you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Hour long initial interview with basic resume questions and any projects you worked on. Final round is a day's worth of 30 minute interviews that are 15 minutes of them explaining the work they do, and 15 minutes quizzing you. Lots of repetition. Most of the people were nice and interesting, only two of them actually quiz you.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Single round face to face interview. The interviewer went through my resume and asked me to explain my experiences and what I wanted to do in the future. The interview was a fairly straightforward behavioral interview, no technical or analytic questions were asked. I got a chance to ask questions about the company at the end.

Summer Interview

Interview

Went through employee resume drop, got interview. Went into interview with company overview, then had 30 minute interviews with three different managers. Was very relaxed and not strict at all, had great conversations with all. Good experience at internship as well, would recommend to apply. Was in the Operations and Technology group, all hiring managers were in that department. HR people were great, especially Daphne, nicest woman in the world.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply through college recruiting. Receive phone screening and a 30 minutes phone interview. Invited for on site interview at the following week at Washington D.C. . The on site interview is similar to the superday of the Big four public accounting firm. Have introduction at the first 30 minutes, and three individual interview following.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume and mostly position related question and some behavioral question.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview, where they ask you basic stuff (what do you know about Fannie Mae, name a time in which you had a leadership role... etc.) followed by an in-house interview with 3 different people. Process overall takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you showed leadership... Go in depth about what you know about Fannie Mae..   Answer Question