Fannie Mae Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

QA Tester Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2011.

It kind of very critical. I gone thorough 5 rounds of interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Questions
    I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2011.

very detailed. People in the interview panel respect the interview candidates

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

I was hired as full time employee at Fannie Mae after getting my foot in the door as a contractor, several years ago. As a contractor, my first interview was via phone with two individuals on a conference call. I recall it being quite lengthy. After I passed that step, these same individuals had me interview with them in person; I interviewed with both simultaneously. Fannie Mae made their decision to hire me very quickly. From phone interview to hire, it was only two days. (Registering with contracting agency initially, providing required paperwork, added time to process.)

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I do not recall most difficult question.   Answer Question
    Since I was contractor, my salary was discussed up front via my agency, per their contract with Fannie Mae.

Legal Support II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2009.

I interviewed through on grounds interviewing and was the second to last interview of the day. IT WAS ABYSMAL! When I walked in to shake the interviewer's hand he turned his body to pick up papers on a table and never introduced himself--ZERO EYE CONTACT. The rest of the interview consisted of typical behavioral questions where he stared at my resume, never looking at me as I responded and saying things like "umm..." as he attempted to come up with another question in the middle of my answers. I felt like I was on a sinking ship throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Oh I see you're a Foreign Affairs Major, what class are you taking that you really like"   Answer Question
    • "Ummm, what is your leadership experience"   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

intial phone discussion with recruiter
    1st rd: phone interview with quant team
    final rd: 1:1 interview with vp, laid back...group/panel interview with directors and team members, grilled with math, finance, derivatives, and programming questions...questions focused on bond math, callable/putable bonds, matrix math, coding algorithms, options pricing, and prepayment basics

Finance Associate Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

Interview Questions
    • This a great company to learn and then historically report the finding into the fiture to calibeart the present and deal   Answer Question

Operations Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2010.

Initial phone screen with one of the risk managers. Discussed background, technical skills and why I wanted to leave old company. Face to face interview included management and technical team. I was asked stress questions about it risk, why I choose the career particular path that I choose, e.g going from technical position to a risk management position.

Advice would be to be well versed in technical and risk side of things. Also stress to the interviewers that you are willing to work long hours under deadlines.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work task that you handled and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!