Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

QA Tester Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2011.

It kind of very critical. I gone thorough 5 rounds of interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2009.

I interviewed through on grounds interviewing and was the second to last interview of the day. IT WAS ABYSMAL! When I walked in to shake the interviewer's hand he turned his body to pick up papers on a table and never introduced himself--ZERO EYE CONTACT. The rest of the interview consisted of typical behavioral questions where he stared at my resume, never looking at me as I responded and saying things like "umm..." as he attempted to come up with another question in the middle of my answers. I felt like I was on a sinking ship throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Oh I see you're a Foreign Affairs Major, what class are you taking that you really like"   Answer Question
    • "Ummm, what is your leadership experience"   Answer Question

Legal Support II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question

Financial Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2010.

The first round phone interview was very technical. The interviewer was a financial economist. The topics include bond math, options pricing, derivatives on bond, monte carlo simulation, and various other financial math questions. The overall level of difficulty was not that bad. I think I got 80% of the questions right with minimum amount of hint. But, I did not get the offer. No resume questions were asked and there was no room for making personal connections through a more casual conversation.

Interview Questions
    • How to model the prepayment risk and default risk on a bond using calls and puts?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2011.

Got in touch with the recruiter, who set up an in-person interview after a short phone screening. In person interview was fairly involved, with questions about the resume, the position, as well as the company itself.

Manager Financial Analysis Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2009.

overall it was a good experience. However, I did not receive timely feedback and response. In the end, I was told they need someone with supervisor experiences, which was not mentioned in the original job posting. The HR and hiring manager are nice. I appreciate this opportunity.

Financial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2010.

I had applied online on the fannie mae career website. I was contacted by an Recruiter from fannie mae 3 weeks after i applied. He seemed nice and asked general questions about my background and informed me the job i had applied and scheduled an interview with the team for which the positions was. The interview was technical and generally consisted of general questions. He also asked me few technical questions and if i had applied any of the softwares i had learnt in actual jobs. The interviewer although i felt was less interactive.I would recommend get your financial basics clear if your applying here. I guess that is of prime importance

Finance Associate Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

Interview Questions
    • This a great company to learn and then historically report the finding into the fiture to calibeart the present and deal   Answer Question

Operations Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2010.

Initial phone screen with one of the risk managers. Discussed background, technical skills and why I wanted to leave old company. Face to face interview included management and technical team. I was asked stress questions about it risk, why I choose the career particular path that I choose, e.g going from technical position to a risk management position.

Advice would be to be well versed in technical and risk side of things. Also stress to the interviewers that you are willing to work long hours under deadlines.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work task that you handled and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!