Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Very repetitive. Behavioral questions mainly. The interview also failed to explain much about the job and it's responsibilities. I made sure to ask many questions but it appeared that the answers I received were very general. It's evident that interview training isn't something that exists. My advice to upper management and HR would be to provide additional training so employees are prepared to interview external AND internal candidates. It's important for the job applicant to understand as much as they can about the job considering the interview process is supposed to be an educational experience for both parties.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you faced and had to overcome? Describe an experience where you had to find your own solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Questions were focused on team building, project schedule management, risk mitigation, business relationship, etc. A lot of effort in Fannie Mae was focused on SDLC process improvement, so a good understanding of SDLC process would be a big help. Other questions were mostly from PMP certification study, such as scope and quality management, task tracking and status reporting, etc.

Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Hour long initial interview with basic resume questions and any projects you worked on. Final round is a day's worth of 30 minute interviews that are 15 minutes of them explaining the work they do, and 15 minutes quizzing you. Lots of repetition. Most of the people were nice and interesting, only two of them actually quiz you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and went through two rounds of interview. I was interviewed by two people in the first run and three in the second. The whole process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked about my project and previous internship experience. Questions on NPV, IRR, forward rate, how to backtest. Questions were not really difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Vice President of the company's division I was being considered considered for. The interview process was simple, and didn't necessarily describe the job in detail.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff... Availability, case interview and role play.   Answer Question

O&T Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (College Park, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Position is for recent graduates. There is an on-campus interview which acts more as a preliminary screening to ensure that you meet the job requirements. If that goes well, then you are invited to an on-site interview which involves 3 15 minute interviews with various hiring managers. The managers typically ask about working in team environments and what skill set you have or are interested in learning more about.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time that you led a team. If someone was not pulling their weight, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Applications Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, got a call from recruiter arrangement was made for an interview and first round was with 2 manager for 30 mins phone and after 2 weeks in person interview with 3 managers 1 on 1. It went well and lasted 30 mins with each supervisors. Got an offer after a week. Everything else was great but the only issue is they took almost 2 months to complete the recruitment process from the time I applied.

Interview Questions

• Alot about my past experience and analytical questions with some technical questions.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online to one of CGI jobs. CGI recruiter called me and setup a face to face with Fannie Mae managers. In my case CGI did not interview me first but normally they do phone screening first and then forward to Fannie Mae

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked me about my previous projects and about my UNIX and SQL skills.   1 Answer

Identity and Access Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

A phone call with a contract rep and a phone call with the FM Manager. It took a long time to finally GET the interview, but once the client co. called back, it was completed within 2 days. Hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you had a problem with a fellow employee?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply through college recruiting. Receive phone screening and a 30 minutes phone interview. Invited for on site interview at the following week at Washington D.C. . The on site interview is similar to the superday of the Big four public accounting firm. Have introduction at the first 30 minutes, and three individual interview following.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume and mostly position related question and some behavioral question.   Answer Question