Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I took an underwriting test and passed it. There was no interview with anyone they simply decided that I had half the couch and new and I was doing as a professional underwriter.

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Two Manager and one DBA was involved with the interview. interview was also one person in the phone. explain about my day to day job as a DBA. explain about troubleshooting .

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through online for contract role. The process took 3 + weeks. First round is telephonic interview with hr and i was called in for face to face. The interview went for long hour. I got a call from my employer after 3 weeks.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

At the time I was hired, Fannie Mae utilized a network of 500 placement services. There was an initial phone interview and submit resume/qualification required to be granted an interview with Fannie Mae. Interview with Fannie Mae was a group orientation with applicants from across the US in attendance. Viewed an overview video followed by a personal introduction by the director of the division. There was a comprehensive skills test followed by one on one interviews with two hiring managers. Dress sharp.

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of questions asked,..skills tested set the qualifications   1 Answer

General Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

They had me come in to meet with three different managers/directors in multiple departments. Each meeting lasted approximately 30 min. I was able to ask questions and find out more about the position. Every interviewer was friendly and most of the questions they asked were straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you had a tight deadline to meet and how did you do it?   Answer Question

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. One screening phone interview, followed by a hiring manager phone interview. The questions were very easy. Because it all happened in the late spring semester, I'm guessing that they needed to fill a position. All happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Describe a time when you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview, where they ask you basic stuff (what do you know about Fannie Mae, name a time in which you had a leadership role... etc.) followed by an in-house interview with 3 different people. Process overall takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you showed leadership... Go in depth about what you know about Fannie Mae..   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

In person and panel based interview. This was an internal transfer and not a new hire process. However, the overall process is the same. Expect an interactive process of validating skills as well as your ability to deal with different situations.

Interview Questions

• Behavior style questions, such as "how did you handle a difficult situation?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter a few days later to interview in a week or so. The recruiter was actually very nice and seemed interested in my experience. She mentioned the hiring manager would have to decide whether I would move on to the next step or not.Overall, I thought it went well but I did not get another interview. I received an email 5 days later saying I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2015.

Interview

Talked a lot about resume. Was routinely assured that I was doing great with the interview and that I did the best at the data analysis portion of the three part interview. Was called early next morning to be informed that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about the markets   Answer Question
    • Be ready for a data analysis portion recasting Fannie Mae's delinquent/ sales account records over the past decade.   1 Answer