Fannie Mae

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was a personality-based interview. More of a "get-to-know-you" interview and very informal. We talked about my course load and history. I was asked if I saw myself as a leader or a follower. We talked about the present state of Fannie Mae and how they were under conservatorship by the Federal Government. The interviewer wanted to see if I knew anything about Fannie Mae.

Interview Question – What does Fannie Mae do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2011.

Interview Details – Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Question – Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2010.

Interview Details – You one interview with Manager and two supervisors.

Interview Question – Questions were difficult more job related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired through a contracting company.

Very Easy Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Operations and Technology Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through College Recruiter, did an on-campus, behavioral interview (30 minutes) and then a final interview at the Washington, D.C. Headquarters. Final interviews were three 45 minutes behavioral interviews where they just ask you about your resume, skills, knowledge, etc., but no technical questions. They said they follow up the interview within 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work at Fannie Mae, especially when the President is talking about phasing Fannie and Freddie out?   View Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Technology Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Interview Details – This was one of the worst experiences I have had interviewing. The day started by having all of the candidates crammed in a small waiting room, with no instructions on what was happening. After we got through security we were led to a room for briefing on the day. The recruiter had lost paperwork and schedules for a few of us candidates. The day consisted of running around to different rooms throughout the building for 45 min behavioral interviews. The interviewers asked similar questions over and over, no technical questions. At one point during my last interview the manager stops midway through discussion and answered his phone in the middle of the interview, I had to sit there just listening to his personal call, very unprofessional. Overall the company came off as extremely unorganized.

Interview Question – Are you good at math? (what a question!)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Addison, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired as full time employee at Fannie Mae after getting my foot in the door as a contractor, several years ago. As a contractor, my first interview was via phone with two individuals on a conference call. I recall it being quite lengthy. After I passed that step, these same individuals had me interview with them in person; I interviewed with both simultaneously. Fannie Mae made their decision to hire me very quickly. From phone interview to hire, it was only two days. (Registering with contracting agency initially, providing required paperwork, added time to process.)

Interview Question – Unfortunately, I do not recall most difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was contractor, my salary was discussed up front via my agency, per their contract with Fannie Mae.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Associate Intern Interview

Finance Associate Intern
Washington, DC

Interview Details – Applied on my school's careers website and received an invitation to interview on campus. It was a 30 minutes interview, and we just talked about my resume and chatted a little bit. They also had current full time employees who were recent graduates in the lobby chatting with us. I did not hear back for a few weeks but eventually received a call offering me the position.

Interview Question – None, just talked about my resume and chatted   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

QA Tester Lead Interview

QA Tester Lead
Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2011.

Interview Details – It kind of very critical. I gone thorough 5 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – I didn't faced any kind of difficult experience.   Answer Question

Governance Analyst Interview

Governance Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter from the company, then I went in for an interview.,

Interview Question – None. Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic project management questions plus description of the position and expectations.

Interview Question – Nothing comes to mind - nothing was difficult or unexpected for an interview of that type.   Answer Question