Fannie Mae Interview Questions

2.9

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2013.

It was a total joke. If you are a minority, you have a 99.99% chance of getting a good job paying good if you can pass a drug test. I checked on my online application that I was American Indian and other (German/Swedish) . They called me for an interview and we have a nice long conversation. They told me they only had a few applications for a few positions. They said I sounded perfect for the job (we have not even talked about my resume and the resume was the first one I have wrote in 15 years so I am sure it was not the best. (by the way....I have a very strong non American accent even after living here for 15 years). She said was excited to see me on the first day they were interviewing.
    I showed up 30 minutes dressed very nice. Once the interview clerk came around the corner....he asked the security clerk where I was..and the clerk pointed to me....I could see the disappointment in his eyes. (I look white 100%). He said to follow me. No introductions...no small talk. We walked in the interview room and the managers Bruce and Chris saw me and they had the same look. It was clear they were looking for a Jose Canseco or Michael Jordan, not an Edward Norton. Neither even stood to shake my hand. Both leaned forward to shake. One of the managers, Chris Cordina kept calling me Jim or Josh, my name is James and I go by James. The other manager Bruce Ingram was more interested in talking about how important he is to Fannie Mae and Fannie Mae is lucky to have him.

O&T Campus Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Applied via campus recruiting website. Receive call from HR. Had HR phone interview then was called for on site interviews. They were 3 45 minute behavioral lnterviews.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2013.

Very vague, the hiring manager of the department was very difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier. No questions was answered out right with specific clarity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with econometric modeling as it pertains to the area of housing finance   Answer Question

Transaction Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2013.

two rounds of interviews. Long long ones. Met 9 people in total, Mostly behavioral questions. LIKE pressure working and walk me through your resume type of questions. People are nice, responsive, energetic. But it took sooooo long. Waited one month to get the notice for the second round and waited another one month to get to know the final decision.

LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2013.

Applied on Line. Recruiter sent e mail with screening questions. Went for an interview three days later. Two fays later I got a verbal offer, Three weeks later , I am still waiting for the formal written offer. How long does it take?

not good

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Expect the hiring process to be negative; Even though Fannie Mae has had quite a ride over the past 5 years, HR hasn't gotten the memo. It will take a tremendously long time to set up the interviews. You can only trust in what you discuss directly with the hiring manager. When 12 weeks had gone by since they originally contacted me and only one round of interviews had taken place, I let them know that I had an offer from another company and needed to know what their timeline was for the next round. HR immediately fired off a communication to me saying they thanked me for my interest - essentially ending the process. It felt like a "I broke up with you first" type of approach. Very strange. The director/hiring manager for this position had recruited me directly along with another member of the team. The hiring manager was not informed by HR that I had contacted regarding timeline. They were surprised when I followed up with them directly.

Difficult for most people to wait 3-4 months to go through a hiring process - all while being told the employer is in a "tremendous hurry" to get the project started. Not sure why it is this way, but do not take this personally if you are experiencing it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Great people. Weird recruiting.

Screening call from HR recruiter. One day interviews with 4 people. Followup interview with CIO. Followup interview with another IT executive. Followup interview with another IT executive.

Total conversations - 9. Duration - 4 months. Feedback - none. Outcome - org change, position eliminated.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you handle X challenge that Fannie Mae faces?"
      Had to relate to my experience, but difficult not knowing internal factors.
        Answer Question

Another opportunity outpaced the decision process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2013.

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

found the job posting from internal job database. minimum HR involved. had 2 rounds of panel interviews, during both interviews, management from different teams were arguing with one another, moreover, VP was yelling at one of his director right in front of my face. I was offered 3rd round interview with the VP, I turned down the interview due to obsearvations made in previous 2 interviews. Sensed tight conflicts within the org, and unpleasant management styles.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager told me the job description and responsibilities, those are what I am interested and good at. Then all of a sudden, another manager in the interview asked me if I am willing to do the job if it is nothing like what the hiring manager had said.   Answer Question