Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Interview

4 behavioral interviews after 1 on campus interview. Very simple

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership.... questions like that   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Center Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

you are assigned a recruiter and a recruiting coordinator. Both assist with the interview set up and scheduling. I had a three part interview, Director, Manager, and the Team. The whole interview process lasted about 1.5 hours. Each person/group made me feel comfortable. They reviewed my resume thoroughly and asked very challenging questions as well as presented many possible scenarios. The interview was conversational based, behavioral based, and situational based. The STAR format was used during some parts. I interviewed with the Director and the manager separately, one on one. I was interviewed by the team collectively, panel style.

Interview Questions

• How well do you gather data from multiple systems and use that data to deliver results for your manager, director, and other stakeholders?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with former employees that were given a specific benefit over a period of time, and you have to inform that person they will no longer be eligible to participate in that benefit plan due to immediate changes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated based on the current range for the market of HR Specialists. Really analyze your skills, know your value, and don't be scared to go with what you want and what you are worth. If you get a feel that your interview went well, and your recruiter gives great feedback that you are a first choice candidate, request a first choice salary and let the negotiating begin!

Risk Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an interview day in the office consisting of two 30 minute interviews.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

There were two round of interviews. The first one was a campus interview and lasted for 30 minutes. It went well and was mainly behavioral. Two weeks later, I was invited for a second round interview in the office. This consisted of three 45 minute interviews. These were also behavioral and focused on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you felt like you had to compromise your morals or values.   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Interview

Standard questions: greatest strength/weakness, experience with finance, etc.

Interview Questions

• There were no curveballs. The entire interview was surprisingly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room for negotiations, but the compensation was very competitive with similar organizations.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The Process was quite tough. There were 3 rounds of Interview. Two of them were technical roughly 1.5 hours each. Most of the questions were on Data Structures, Algorithms and Analytics. Huge emphasis on Statistics and Randomized Algorithms. Its not only that, if you get selected they have a very tough process of background checks and drugs test. Background test takes a lot of time as the company is very particular about each of the processes.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on Data Structures, Algorithms and Analytics. Huge emphasis on Statistics and Randomized Algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Started with a general discussion and greetings followed by Tell Me About Yourself. Then they moved onto asking about projects and my resume. Questions about programming languages in C++ and Java.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with pressure? How do you approach towards a given task? Asked about organizing.   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

They initially reached out to me after a career fair on campus. Scheduled a one-on-one interview on campus. There was a greeter who did wonders to prepare me for the interview. Got invited to a second round super day in DC. 4 interviews back to back. The interviews were rather disorganized, but nothing was particularly difficult. Strictly behavioral questions. Work culture seemed fairly relaxed, but it seemed like none of the first and second year associates knew what was going on. Honestly it wasn't difficult at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

A recruiting manager from Fannie Mae called for a pre screen interview. Afterwards, she set me up with in person interviews with four higher-ups on the team. 30 min back to back interview with each person for a total of two hours. I think the hiring manager made it really pleasant and organized. I appreciate her hardwork and openness.

Interview Questions

• All four asked me tell me about yourself. Strengths and weaknesses. Longterm goal. Hardest question for me was: would you feel comfortable starting today with no guidance?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen. If invited in ,then four interviews on site. Interviewed with three other VPs and one SVP. Two of the interviewers were badly prepared and spent most of the time speaking about their roles and themselves. The other two, who would have been peers were more professional and asked relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard types of interview questions for a financial mid level manager   Answer Question