Fannie Mae

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Contractor On Software Delivery Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a third party. They have five primary contractors. Find out if your third party is a primary or not. A primary will split a higher amount of pay and you will have less levels to work through. Actual interview was much less formal than expected. Expect the hiring process to take a while. It took me 5 weeks and I was told I was quick.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was handled between my company and Fannie Maes Contractor Resource Center. I have no idea what went on there.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met reps on campus for a first round interview which lasted around 30 minutes. There were two interviewers for the first round. The second interview took place in D.C. (tenleytown office). Hotel and meal was provided. One interviewer per room in the second round, but a total of four interviews over the course of a couple hours.

Interview Question – mostly fit questions (i.e. why do you want to work at Fannie? strengths/weaknesses, etc). a few interviews asked how much i knew about the securitization process, but the aim was to educate rather than test my knowledge.

also, the typical "walk me through your resume."
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase. all salaries (at least at this level) are a flat, market adjusted figure.

Loan Operations Specialist Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on Line. Recruiter sent e mail with screening questions. Went for an interview three days later. Two fays later I got a verbal offer, Three weeks later , I am still waiting for the formal written offer. How long does it take?

Interview Question – What would you do differently in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not good

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Interview Question – they were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Financial Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Interview Details – found the job posting from internal job database. minimum HR involved. had 2 rounds of panel interviews, during both interviews, management from different teams were arguing with one another, moreover, VP was yelling at one of his director right in front of my face. I was offered 3rd round interview with the VP, I turned down the interview due to obsearvations made in previous 2 interviews. Sensed tight conflicts within the org, and unpleasant management styles.

Interview Question – The hiring manager told me the job description and responsibilities, those are what I am interested and good at. Then all of a sudden, another manager in the interview asked me if I am willing to do the job if it is nothing like what the hiring manager had said.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – Great people. Weird recruiting.

Screening call from HR recruiter. One day interviews with 4 people. Followup interview with CIO. Followup interview with another IT executive. Followup interview with another IT executive.

Total conversations - 9. Duration - 4 months. Feedback - none. Outcome - org change, position eliminated.

Interview Question – "How would you handle X challenge that Fannie Mae faces?"
Had to relate to my experience, but difficult not knowing internal factors.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another opportunity outpaced the decision process.

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had the telephonic interview. It is just the formal, then called me for a F2F interview. They asked mostly abt the experience and SQL, Unix.

Interview Question – How do you stop the a particular process in unix   Answer Question

Legal Support II Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Interview Details – Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Question – I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question

Director Technology Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

Interview Details – Long drawn interview process. Meet with a panel of 5-6 interviewers first. A month or two later meet with 2 senior executives, and another 4-6 weeks later meet with another senior executive. Whole process took about 4 months.
Questions were mostly process based. Some focus on management style. Hardly any technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst I Interview

Business Analyst I
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

Interview Details – -Applied on the Fannie Mae Website
-Received an email with questions from HR (similar to a phone screening)
-Scheduled the interview

(everything was done by email in my case)

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself"
-The interviewer seemed a bit unprepared. They didn't have any questions to ask from the start.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fannie Mae