Fannie Mae

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.9

Legal Support II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

just a phone interview and being rejected

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

-Applied on the Fannie Mae Website
    -Received an email with questions from HR (similar to a phone screening)
    -Scheduled the interview

(everything was done by email in my case)

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself"
      -The interviewer seemed a bit unprepared. They didn't have any questions to ask from the start.

Answer Question

Applications Quality Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

This position was under the Operations and Technology Associate Program, which I applied for through my campus website. First round interview was on campus with a recruiter. Went through items on resume and asked lots of behavioral questions. Made it to second round interviews, but could not go as I had a midterm.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle working with others with conflicting views?
      Describe your strengths and weaknesses.

Answer Question

Operations and Technology Campus Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

The process began with a 1:1 campus interview. The interviewer was a director in a different office than I would work in and was extremely bland. To her credit, I was the last interview of the day. About one week after the campus interview, I received an email inviting me to DC for a final round super day. The super day consisted of three 1:1 interviews with managers or above and a presentation to the entire group. I had the same vibe from the second round interviewers as I did for the initial interviewer that they did not want to be there and it made the interview very dry and boring. All questions were behavioral. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a company like Fannie Mae, that may not exist in the next 2-4 years?   View Answers (2)

Director Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

Long drawn interview process. Meet with a panel of 5-6 interviewers first. A month or two later meet with 2 senior executives, and another 4-6 weeks later meet with another senior executive. Whole process took about 4 months.
    Questions were mostly process based. Some focus on management style. Hardly any technical questions.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2012.

First round of interviews was on campus at my school. Very basic questions, pretty much walked through my resume. Typical interview questions such as: Why Fannie?, What made you pick your major?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, etc. Just interviewd yesterday still waiting to hear back to see if I am invited for on site interviews at Fannie.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2012.

Phone screen with recruiter, day of interviews with panel of potential peers, hiring manager, and HR. Follow-up interview with CEO before offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Very behavoral and focused on leadership qualities. Some scenarios but no cases.   Answer Question

Too much regulatory risk going to this organization.. Better to go to the private sector.

Contractor On Software Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2012.

Went through a third party. They have five primary contractors. Find out if your third party is a primary or not. A primary will split a higher amount of pay and you will have less levels to work through. Actual interview was much less formal than expected. Expect the hiring process to take a while. It took me 5 weeks and I was told I was quick.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was handled between my company and Fannie Maes Contractor Resource Center. I have no idea what went on there.

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2012.

Applied through internship posting, was contacted through an HR representative. Had 3 back to back to back interviews with employees and the department's director.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions about the evolving housing finance industry that required me to think critically and creatively.   Answer Question