Fannie Mae

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Engineer Interview

Financial Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview Details – just a phone interview and being rejected

Interview Question – what's the philosophy behind black scholes model   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Campus Associate Interview

Operations and Technology Campus Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process began with a 1:1 campus interview. The interviewer was a director in a different office than I would work in and was extremely bland. To her credit, I was the last interview of the day. About one week after the campus interview, I received an email inviting me to DC for a final round super day. The super day consisted of three 1:1 interviews with managers or above and a presentation to the entire group. I had the same vibe from the second round interviewers as I did for the initial interviewer that they did not want to be there and it made the interview very dry and boring. All questions were behavioral. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a company like Fannie Mae, that may not exist in the next 2-4 years?   View Answers (2)

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process took almost 4 months. Multiple interviews, first a phone screen with the recruiter, next a round of interviews with a panel and then a last and final interview with the Senior Director. I have to say that the entire experience was painful and lengthy. Lack of communications from the recruitment team- I mean a month can go by before they call you to let you know that you have been selected for the next round.

Interview Question – Interviews are mostly behavioral and focus on 'fit'. I was asked about my background, industry experience and also the most difficult and challenging assignment that I had worked on in my career so far.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The entire recruiting experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. It was an 'eye-opener' for me as to how slow and sloggy things can be at this company. Stay away!

Applications Quality Analyst Intern Interview

Applications Quality Analyst Intern
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2012.

Interview Details – This position was under the Operations and Technology Associate Program, which I applied for through my campus website. First round interview was on campus with a recruiter. Went through items on resume and asked lots of behavioral questions. Made it to second round interviews, but could not go as I had a midterm.

Interview Question – How did you handle working with others with conflicting views?
Describe your strengths and weaknesses.
  Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, day of interviews with panel of potential peers, hiring manager, and HR. Follow-up interview with CEO before offer was extended.

Interview Question – None really. Very behavoral and focused on leadership qualities. Some scenarios but no cases.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much regulatory risk going to this organization.. Better to go to the private sector.

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round of interviews was on campus at my school. Very basic questions, pretty much walked through my resume. Typical interview questions such as: Why Fannie?, What made you pick your major?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, etc. Just interviewd yesterday still waiting to hear back to see if I am invited for on site interviews at Fannie.

Interview Question – What do you think you can bring to Fannie Mae?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Research Analyst Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through internship posting, was contacted through an HR representative. Had 3 back to back to back interviews with employees and the department's director.

Interview Question – There were some questions about the evolving housing finance industry that required me to think critically and creatively.   Answer Question

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2010.

Interview Details – The normal - phone interview, then with the director, then with the team you would be working with. I had 3 interviews before an offer was extended to me. I will say that the Senior Project Manager chewed gum the entire interview. It was so rude and strange - I had trouble focusing on the questions - and - she made those clicking sounds. I should have paid more attention to that as a "red flag" during the interview process and her personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No - not applicable

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 3 team members asking me questions about my background , situation scenarios and why I would be a good fit for their team. They told me about the responsibilities that I would be in charge of if I were offered the position. Overall, it wasn't a difficult interview because the team was very easy going and we had good chemistry. I imagine some of the other positions at Fannie are similar but some may ask more technical questions pertaining to the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to successfully negotiate my salary. As usual, do your research and present the facts to HR. I was happy with the outcome.

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II
Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview had 5 or 6 basic questions about what I do and don't like about project management, which I found rather odd. Turns out what they really need is a budget coordinator who also handles a lot of other adiministrative tasks such as reporting and setting stakeholder expectations. Not really a true IT Project Mgmt