Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

Loan Operations Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a 3 on 1 interview. They asked multiple questions about career goals. Also, they wanted to know how you can contribute to the company. It is very good to know about what Fannie Mae does with secondary mortgage market. Look up information about diversity since the company is very big on that.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for Fannie Mae?
      What do you know about Fannie Mae and secondary mortgage market?

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

Great people. Weird recruiting.

Screening call from HR recruiter. One day interviews with 4 people. Followup interview with CIO. Followup interview with another IT executive. Followup interview with another IT executive.

Total conversations - 9. Duration - 4 months. Feedback - none. Outcome - org change, position eliminated.

Interview Questions

• "How would you handle X challenge that Fannie Mae faces?"
      Had to relate to my experience, but difficult not knowing internal factors.

Answer Question

Another opportunity outpaced the decision process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Financial Economist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2013.

Interview

The first step is a phone conversation with HR. Second, hiring manager called me for a background discussion. Final step is on-site interview with 3 directors and VP.

Interview Questions

• Question was primarily focused on the experience that I had before.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

found the job posting from internal job database. minimum HR involved. had 2 rounds of panel interviews, during both interviews, management from different teams were arguing with one another, moreover, VP was yelling at one of his director right in front of my face. I was offered 3rd round interview with the VP, I turned down the interview due to obsearvations made in previous 2 interviews. Sensed tight conflicts within the org, and unpleasant management styles.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager told me the job description and responsibilities, those are what I am interested and good at. Then all of a sudden, another manager in the interview asked me if I am willing to do the job if it is nothing like what the hiring manager had said.   Answer Question

Legal Support II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

just a phone interview and being rejected

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

-Applied on the Fannie Mae Website
    -Received an email with questions from HR (similar to a phone screening)
    -Scheduled the interview

(everything was done by email in my case)

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      -The interviewer seemed a bit unprepared. They didn't have any questions to ask from the start.

Applications Quality Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Fairfax, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

This position was under the Operations and Technology Associate Program, which I applied for through my campus website. First round interview was on campus with a recruiter. Went through items on resume and asked lots of behavioral questions. Made it to second round interviews, but could not go as I had a midterm.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle working with others with conflicting views?
      Describe your strengths and weaknesses.

Operations and Technology Campus Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

The process began with a 1:1 campus interview. The interviewer was a director in a different office than I would work in and was extremely bland. To her credit, I was the last interview of the day. About one week after the campus interview, I received an email inviting me to DC for a final round super day. The super day consisted of three 1:1 interviews with managers or above and a presentation to the entire group. I had the same vibe from the second round interviewers as I did for the initial interviewer that they did not want to be there and it made the interview very dry and boring. All questions were behavioral. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company like Fannie Mae, that may not exist in the next 2-4 years?   2 Answers