Fannie Mae Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Questions were focused on team building, project schedule management, risk mitigation, business relationship, etc. A lot of effort in Fannie Mae was focused on SDLC process improvement, so a good understanding of SDLC process would be a big help. Other questions were mostly from PMP certification study, such as scope and quality management, task tracking and status reporting, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through online for contract role. The process took 3 + weeks. First round is telephonic interview with hr and i was called in for face to face. The interview went for long hour. I got a call from my employer after 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview skipped, 2:1 interview primarily behavorial questions. Some process questions related to the particular function. Not a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• What was most challenging aspect of your previous role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not appicable - working through recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 team members asking me questions about my background , situation scenarios and why I would be a good fit for their team. They told me about the responsibilities that I would be in charge of if I were offered the position. Overall, it wasn't a difficult interview because the team was very easy going and we had good chemistry. I imagine some of the other positions at Fannie are similar but some may ask more technical questions pertaining to the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to successfully negotiate my salary. As usual, do your research and present the facts to HR. I was happy with the outcome.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2009.

Interview

This is an internal transfer, so it went fairly smooth for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage upwards?   1 Answer