Fannie Mae

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2007.

Interview Details – Already had worked at the company and knew many of the team members from previous assignments. They were very familiar with my work so the interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Describe and whiteboard the design of your most recent significant piece of work.   Answer Question
  • GOF Design pattern questions: template method, strategy, decorator, command, state, adapter, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated directly with the hiring manager. This is no longer possible at Fannie since there is an intermediary Vendor Management company, Allegis.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2009.

Interview Details – the initial interview consisted of meeting the manager. this is a first of many steps to finally getting hired. the manager asked general technical questions and asked to describe a recent project development. most of the questions were in general asking whether i knew certain technologies and to rate myself on it. in general this preliminary interview was to filter out the first wave of candidates and the next process involved a detailed techical interview with the developers.

Interview Question – can you describe a situation where you worked on x.y.z technology and how you implemented a design using a.b.c   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fannie Mae

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Fannie Mae Videos

Fannie Mae – Why Work for Us?

We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in turning our company around, responding to an unprecedented housing crisis… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fannie Mae Senior Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fannie Mae employees and interview candidates.