Fannie Mae

2.8

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2014.

I got a call from the HR and she mentioned if i was interested in working for Fannie Mae. She then send me a document which had the interview details along with the topics they would be interviewing me on. I had an HR round and then the technical round.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae.

I was interviewed by two (2) senior Administrative Assistant. I had a great interview with them, I felt comfortable. They were really inpress with my resume and how I handled myself during the interview process.

Human Resources Service Center Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2014.

you are assigned a recruiter and a recruiting coordinator. Both assist with the interview set up and scheduling. I had a three part interview, Director, Manager, and the Team. The whole interview process lasted about 1.5 hours. Each person/group made me feel comfortable. They reviewed my resume thoroughly and asked very challenging questions as well as presented many possible scenarios. The interview was conversational based, behavioral based, and situational based. The STAR format was used during some parts. I interviewed with the Director and the manager separately, one on one. I was interviewed by the team collectively, panel style.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you gather data from multiple systems and use that data to deliver results for your manager, director, and other stakeholders?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with former employees that were given a specific benefit over a period of time, and you have to inform that person they will no longer be eligible to participate in that benefit plan due to immediate changes?   Answer Question
    I negotiated based on the current range for the market of HR Specialists. Really analyze your skills, know your value, and don't be scared to go with what you want and what you are worth. If you get a feel that your interview went well, and your recruiter gives great feedback that you are a first choice candidate, request a first choice salary and let the negotiating begin!

Finance Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Applied on my school's careers website and received an invitation to interview on campus. It was a 30 minutes interview, and we just talked about my resume and chatted a little bit. They also had current full time employees who were recent graduates in the lobby chatting with us. I did not hear back for a few weeks but eventually received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

This was one of the worst experiences I have had interviewing. The day started by having all of the candidates crammed in a small waiting room, with no instructions on what was happening. After we got through security we were led to a room for briefing on the day. The recruiter had lost paperwork and schedules for a few of us candidates. The day consisted of running around to different rooms throughout the building for 45 min behavioral interviews. The interviewers asked similar questions over and over, no technical questions. At one point during my last interview the manager stops midway through discussion and answered his phone in the middle of the interview, I had to sit there just listening to his personal call, very unprofessional. Overall the company came off as extremely unorganized.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Applied through College Recruiter, did an on-campus, behavioral interview (30 minutes) and then a final interview at the Washington, D.C. Headquarters. Final interviews were three 45 minutes behavioral interviews where they just ask you about your resume, skills, knowledge, etc., but no technical questions. They said they follow up the interview within 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work at Fannie Mae, especially when the President is talking about phasing Fannie and Freddie out?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2013.

(Senior PM - Contract Position ) : The in-person interview with Program Manager/Director and Technical Architect was based on experience & skill set stated in the resume along with scenario based questions.It was a good casual 1.5 hours discussion that was more on the lines of get to know each other & Fannie culture better.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario based/behavioral questions were pretty general ones - like how did you handle a difficult situation with project stakeholder? etc;   Answer Question

Although Fannie's offer was good and I was comfortable with the team; I had an equally good competing offer from another firm.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2013.

Very vague, the hiring manager of the department was very difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier. No questions was answered out right with specific clarity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with econometric modeling as it pertains to the area of housing finance   Answer Question

LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2013.

Applied on Line. Recruiter sent e mail with screening questions. Went for an interview three days later. Two fays later I got a verbal offer, Three weeks later , I am still waiting for the formal written offer. How long does it take?

not good

Senior Windows Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing company about a position with Fannie Mae to help them plan their migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 in March 2013. After the conversations and negotiations with the staffing company we agreed I should go on an interview with the hiring manager. I arrived at the Reston location and went through the process to get a visitor badge. After waiting for about 15 minutes someone other than the hiring manager came down to collect me. He informed me that the hiring manager was working on a fire drill and that he would be speaking with me first. He escorted me to a small conference room and began to tell me about their Citrix deployment because he was not in the loop on why I was there or the position I was interviewing for. He'd simply been asked to keep me busy while his manager worked on whatever issue he was working on. We spoke for 20-25 minutes.

I was then escorted back to the main level and asked to wait in the cafeteria until the person I was there to see was available. 30 plus minutes went by and I've been in contact with the staffing company. They are unable to tell me what's going on. This was a HUGE red flag that this person was not someone who's not a good manager. Needless to say I was annoyed by the delay, but I'd already taken time off of work to go through this process. 45 minutes after sitting in the cafeteria (about an hour and a half after my appointment time), I was walking out the door when the person I was supposed to meet with finally made an appearance.

The long awaited hiring manager escorts me to his office. He then proceeds to tell me he’s been with the company for about 15 minutes and explain to me the goal of the project he’s recently been put in charge of. I explained my work history and provided him with some suggestions on how he could approach tackling the migration of the 12k WinXP machines. This was a brief conversation, 15-20 minutes. A lot of waiting for a very short interview that resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Not sure if the waiting was part of the interview or just bad time management.   Answer Question