Fannie Mae

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2014.

I got a call from the HR and she mentioned if i was interested in working for Fannie Mae. She then send me a document which had the interview details along with the topics they would be interviewing me on. I had an HR round and then the technical round.

Finance Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Applied on my school's careers website and received an invitation to interview on campus. It was a 30 minutes interview, and we just talked about my resume and chatted a little bit. They also had current full time employees who were recent graduates in the lobby chatting with us. I did not hear back for a few weeks but eventually received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

This was one of the worst experiences I have had interviewing. The day started by having all of the candidates crammed in a small waiting room, with no instructions on what was happening. After we got through security we were led to a room for briefing on the day. The recruiter had lost paperwork and schedules for a few of us candidates. The day consisted of running around to different rooms throughout the building for 45 min behavioral interviews. The interviewers asked similar questions over and over, no technical questions. At one point during my last interview the manager stops midway through discussion and answered his phone in the middle of the interview, I had to sit there just listening to his personal call, very unprofessional. Overall the company came off as extremely unorganized.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Applied through College Recruiter, did an on-campus, behavioral interview (30 minutes) and then a final interview at the Washington, D.C. Headquarters. Final interviews were three 45 minutes behavioral interviews where they just ask you about your resume, skills, knowledge, etc., but no technical questions. They said they follow up the interview within 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work at Fannie Mae, especially when the President is talking about phasing Fannie and Freddie out?   View Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2013.

Very vague, the hiring manager of the department was very difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier. No questions was answered out right with specific clarity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with econometric modeling as it pertains to the area of housing finance   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Expect the hiring process to be negative; Even though Fannie Mae has had quite a ride over the past 5 years, HR hasn't gotten the memo. It will take a tremendously long time to set up the interviews. You can only trust in what you discuss directly with the hiring manager. When 12 weeks had gone by since they originally contacted me and only one round of interviews had taken place, I let them know that I had an offer from another company and needed to know what their timeline was for the next round. HR immediately fired off a communication to me saying they thanked me for my interest - essentially ending the process. It felt like a "I broke up with you first" type of approach. Very strange. The director/hiring manager for this position had recruited me directly along with another member of the team. The hiring manager was not informed by HR that I had contacted regarding timeline. They were surprised when I followed up with them directly.

Difficult for most people to wait 3-4 months to go through a hiring process - all while being told the employer is in a "tremendous hurry" to get the project started. Not sure why it is this way, but do not take this personally if you are experiencing it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2013.

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

found the job posting from internal job database. minimum HR involved. had 2 rounds of panel interviews, during both interviews, management from different teams were arguing with one another, moreover, VP was yelling at one of his director right in front of my face. I was offered 3rd round interview with the VP, I turned down the interview due to obsearvations made in previous 2 interviews. Sensed tight conflicts within the org, and unpleasant management styles.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager told me the job description and responsibilities, those are what I am interested and good at. Then all of a sudden, another manager in the interview asked me if I am willing to do the job if it is nothing like what the hiring manager had said.   Answer Question

Legal Support II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fannie Mae in December 2012.

Mean, mean recruiters. Especially the ones who work from home and does Fannie Mae's recruiting remotely. Fannie interviews a lot of outside candidates, but end up hiring from within. This is a very nasty practice they have going on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to reveal all the names of all my supervisors from my previous position. I was very uncomfortable with this line of questioning. Needless to say, I lied because this was none of their business. They really crossed the line!!   Answer Question