Fannie Mae Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2014.

I got a call from the HR and she mentioned if i was interested in working for Fannie Mae. She then send me a document which had the interview details along with the topics they would be interviewing me on. I had an HR round and then the technical round.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2012.

There is only one phone interview and one in person interview with a panel of 2 possibly 3. Fairly easy general based questions about your resume. Mainly looking for mortgage/customer service background. Looking for excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possible writing/typing test.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions, very easy interview just study your resume. Be prepared to answer this question..... "Sell me yourself, why should you have this position"   Answer Question
    Only negotiate about 1k more than 51K or they'll offer it the next candidate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in March 2013.

Expect the hiring process to be negative; Even though Fannie Mae has had quite a ride over the past 5 years, HR hasn't gotten the memo. It will take a tremendously long time to set up the interviews. You can only trust in what you discuss directly with the hiring manager. When 12 weeks had gone by since they originally contacted me and only one round of interviews had taken place, I let them know that I had an offer from another company and needed to know what their timeline was for the next round. HR immediately fired off a communication to me saying they thanked me for my interest - essentially ending the process. It felt like a "I broke up with you first" type of approach. Very strange. The director/hiring manager for this position had recruited me directly along with another member of the team. The hiring manager was not informed by HR that I had contacted regarding timeline. They were surprised when I followed up with them directly.

Difficult for most people to wait 3-4 months to go through a hiring process - all while being told the employer is in a "tremendous hurry" to get the project started. Not sure why it is this way, but do not take this personally if you are experiencing it.

Compliance & Ethics IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2010.

Phone screen interview with HR Rep. Next phone interview with hiring manager. Next panel interview with team management. Final interview with VP or above.

HR Rep was very helpful through all of process until after acceptance of position. Then completely MIA. Third-party background check took six weeks (on a clean record); start date was delayed twice for a total of two weeks. This was a couple years ago, so maybe its improved. I know there has been a lot of turnover in HR and Recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Basic situational questions. Describe a project you managed to completion and how you managed the project. Name a time when you made a professional judgement and were right (or wrong). Describe a time when you had difficulty working with someone or had a conflict and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    They said salary was not negotiable, but they will typically negotiate 10-20%. They say it to get people to accept the offer. Push back, ask for more time, or tell them of a reasonably higher offer, etc.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2010.

You one interview with Manager and two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    I was hired through a contracting company.

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

Applied through College Recruiter, did an on-campus, behavioral interview (30 minutes) and then a final interview at the Washington, D.C. Headquarters. Final interviews were three 45 minutes behavioral interviews where they just ask you about your resume, skills, knowledge, etc., but no technical questions. They said they follow up the interview within 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work at Fannie Mae, especially when the President is talking about phasing Fannie and Freddie out?   View Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2013.

This was one of the worst experiences I have had interviewing. The day started by having all of the candidates crammed in a small waiting room, with no instructions on what was happening. After we got through security we were led to a room for briefing on the day. The recruiter had lost paperwork and schedules for a few of us candidates. The day consisted of running around to different rooms throughout the building for 45 min behavioral interviews. The interviewers asked similar questions over and over, no technical questions. At one point during my last interview the manager stops midway through discussion and answered his phone in the middle of the interview, I had to sit there just listening to his personal call, very unprofessional. Overall the company came off as extremely unorganized.

Finance Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Applied on my school's careers website and received an invitation to interview on campus. It was a 30 minutes interview, and we just talked about my resume and chatted a little bit. They also had current full time employees who were recent graduates in the lobby chatting with us. I did not hear back for a few weeks but eventually received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fannie Mae in August 2010.

Behavioral Based. Focus on type of people, not what people know. Very standard behavior questions regarding experience, personality, leadership involvement, & resume. Make sure you come with questions and you understand Fannies Mkt role. Have an idea about what sort of legislation and poicy is being discussed and the future implications.

Interview Questions
    • None were technical. Other full time positions can be very technical depending on the nature of the job.   Answer Question
    Non Negotiable. Set for associates, other positions can be negotiated based on experience.

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!