Fantastic Sams

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was very short. Then a two haircut practical. They only asked me questions about my speed, and what if a client is unhappy, what to do. I completed both hair cuts on good friends who's hair I cut all the time. It was really quite simple. But the owner said I should have done it differently.

Interview Question – How long do you palm to live in this area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in January 2011.

Interview Details – Varies per location as there are different owners with Fantastic Sams being a franchise and they are individually owned. Interview was one on one with the owner who doesn't do hair and had me do the technical the same day. I believe I was offered the job via phone either later that day, or possibly the next day.

Interview Question – Can't think of any since it was a few years back. Owner(interviewer) was very sweet and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Greenville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fantastic Sams.

Interview Details – Interview was easy. The salon was still under construction when they hired me. I talked with the district manager and the salon manager and they hired me the same day. They asked me mostly about my experience and basic interview questions such as, was there ever a time when I had a conflict with a co-worker and how I resolved it?

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process. Pay rate was 40% commission and if you did not make commission it was minimum wage.

West Bradenton, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in May 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the Stylist wanted post on Craigslist and called the number and got the owner of 1 of 4 Fantastic Sams and filled me in on needs and what the company was about. I was interested in interviewing so he gave me numbers of the manager to set up interview. The interview took place 4 days later after a few calls and a couple texts. I was impressed with the Manager and her abililty to relate to me on a personal level and still be very professional.q

Interview Question – Are you reliable?   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the owner, filled out application, 1:1 in person interview, toured the location, shadowed a current receptionist.

Interview Question – A lot about client interaction, behavioral based, willingness to help stylists and clients, fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard Rate

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

The process took a day - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in August 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to Fantastic Sams International for the position of Director, Salon Operations. I was surprised, yet excited to have received a response the very next day. A phone interview was set up for the next week. I thought the interview went well, but the interviewer talked more about what the company has recognized about the industry versus what I, as a potential Director, would be able to bring to the organization. Although I walked away from the phone interview feeling as though not enough of what I could offer was explored, I remained excited about furthering the process. I was asked to submit a presentation, of which I did, and was informed that I would be contacted in the near future. A week, then another and then a month passed without any follow up. I followed up three times and received no response. Finally.....after a fourth follow up, I was informed that another candidate was afforded the opportunity.

Interview Question – What was a difficult challenge you've has working with a franchisee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Stylist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in November 2011.

Interview Details – I wet to this interview because a friend referred me. as soon as i walked in the door i had to cut a walk-in clients hair. i was not told the process or anything this reallt rattled my. in the end I did fine. i called back to check my status but the manger was sick .... this has been about two weeks I would have appreciated any one calling me back. I did not really care about not getting the job but I would havr appreciate the returned call.

Interview Question – How do you think the technical went   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in June 2011.

Interview Details – The initial process was very quick. Contacted the director and interviewed face face. Once the interview was complete, met with the owners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very open to negotiation.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fantastic Sams in July 2009.

Interview Details – i walked in an asked for an application. after i filled it out i received a call from the general manager asking me to come in for an interview. basic simple questions regarding work history what i liked about my previous employer..what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.

Interview Question – what would you do if you had to deal with an irate customer who you could not calm down   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – accepted the offer right away

Worked for Fantastic Sams? Contribute to the Community!