Fantastic Sams

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fantastic Sams

Stylist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fantastic Sams.

submitted application and received a call back the next week. Had scheduled an interview for a few days later, after interview we scheduled a second technical interview. Had a female and male model come in to show skills. Was hired after second interview.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in February 2014.

Applied online, received a call within a week, went in for interview with owner and salon manager. Casual, plenty of jokes and laughter, easy going. It seemed more to get an understanding of personality and less so about qualification.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Mostly about myself, what brought me there, what I consider strengths etc.   Answer Question
    I was offered $1.60 less than what I was currently earning, I informed them of this. They asked me to step out so they could talk and when I came back in they offered me my current pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in September 2013.

It was very short. Then a two haircut practical. They only asked me questions about my speed, and what if a client is unhappy, what to do. I completed both hair cuts on good friends who's hair I cut all the time. It was really quite simple. But the owner said I should have done it differently.

There wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fantastic Sams.

Interview was easy. The salon was still under construction when they hired me. I talked with the district manager and the salon manager and they hired me the same day. They asked me mostly about my experience and basic interview questions such as, was there ever a time when I had a conflict with a co-worker and how I resolved it?

No negotiation process. Pay rate was 40% commission and if you did not make commission it was minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bradenton, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in May 2013.

I saw the Stylist wanted post on Craigslist and called the number and got the owner of 1 of 4 Fantastic Sams and filled me in on needs and what the company was about. I was interested in interviewing so he gave me numbers of the manager to set up interview. The interview took place 4 days later after a few calls and a couple texts. I was impressed with the Manager and her abililty to relate to me on a personal level and still be very professional.q

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fantastic Sams in March 2013.

For the hiring process you will either have one interview which is your verbal and practical one, or you will have two. Verbal is easy and for practical you most of the time bring in a model and it is depending on what the owner wants to see you demo most importantly be very professional and do a good job!

Interview Questions
    • Hmm. Questions regarding how much you made at previous salons because that is awkward and not something you want to discuss with an employer.   Answer Question
    The boss didn't follow up with me as soon as she said she would so I called her and on the phone she told me a day to start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in January 2011.

Varies per location as there are different owners with Fantastic Sams being a franchise and they are individually owned. Interview was one on one with the owner who doesn't do hair and had me do the technical the same day. I believe I was offered the job via phone either later that day, or possibly the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of any since it was a few years back. Owner(interviewer) was very sweet and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in June 2010.

Met with the owner, filled out application, 1:1 in person interview, toured the location, shadowed a current receptionist.

Interview Questions
    • A lot about client interaction, behavioral based, willingness to help stylists and clients, fast paced environment.   Answer Question
    Standard Rate

Stylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in November 2011.

I wet to this interview because a friend referred me. as soon as i walked in the door i had to cut a walk-in clients hair. i was not told the process or anything this reallt rattled my. in the end I did fine. i called back to check my status but the manger was sick .... this has been about two weeks I would have appreciated any one calling me back. I did not really care about not getting the job but I would havr appreciate the returned call.

Director of Operations Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fantastic Sams in August 2011.

I submitted my resume to Fantastic Sams International for the position of Director, Salon Operations. I was surprised, yet excited to have received a response the very next day. A phone interview was set up for the next week. I thought the interview went well, but the interviewer talked more about what the company has recognized about the industry versus what I, as a potential Director, would be able to bring to the organization. Although I walked away from the phone interview feeling as though not enough of what I could offer was explored, I remained excited about furthering the process. I was asked to submit a presentation, of which I did, and was informed that I would be contacted in the near future. A week, then another and then a month passed without any follow up. I followed up three times and received no response. Finally.....after a fourth follow up, I was informed that another candidate was afforded the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult challenge you've has working with a franchisee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question