FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at FarHeap Solutions, Inc.

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. in February 2013.

Initial phone interview of about one hour. A mixture of technical, design and architecture questions. This went well.

Second phone interview with CEO of about 1.5 hours. This also went well although the discussion was somewhat rambling and didn't touch upon too much that was specific to the company's business or strategy.

On-site interview/meet-and-greet in Irvine, CA and Las Vegas, NV. This was more me interviewing the company than the company interviewing me. Was very pleased with Irvine visit. Was very confused by Las Vegas visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected that a seasoned Java developer/designer couldn't answer.   Answer Question

The salary offer was pretty competitive, but the benefits were really sub-par. There is no 401(k) plan. I don't mean that that the company does not have 401(k) matching, there is no retirement plan of any sort. The health benefits are there, but the employee pays 50% -- for any dependents (such as spouse), the employee pays 100%. The health plans (there are two options, both PPO) contains pretty high deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.

I guess if you wanted to treat this company as a start-up, and you are yound, the lack of adequate benefits would be acceptable. However, there were no stock options offered and I doubt they would be worth anything if they were offered; this company has been around for at least 6 years (probably more like 10-15 years). At this point there looks too be no public offering.

The company does make money in their printing business, but the other business diversifications are fairly high risk and I didn't see the infrastucture in place to make those other business directions become successful. For example, there is very little to no effective technical management.

Worked for FarHeap Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!