Farm Bureau Financial Services Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farm Bureau Financial Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in October 2012.

Once you are identified as candidate, you will have a phone conversation with a district manager. You will then be invited to an interview that is fairly standard. On the second interview, more questions will follow and, if you are being considered, you will be given paperwork. The third meeting was very informal and included a dinner with the manager for final questions. The fourth meeting was to finalize the paperwork and agreement.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation if you didn't know what was the right thing to do?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on the salary - it is set per the standard contract of the company. In some cases they will negotiate by offering a small book of existing clients. Negotiating the start time and location are fairly flexible.

Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in May 2010.

Extensive. Highlighted the potential. Ignored the expenses involved.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. 100% commission. Take it or leave it.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in May 2010.

Interview took approx. 1.5 hours. Interviewed with HR Rep and supervisor separately. Interview questions need to be answered using the STAR process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation with an upset customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in March 2009.

Be prepared to take two assessment exams. Have a list of 300 people. Drug and Background must be clear.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment is about the most difficult.   View Answer
    Simple, it's 100% commission

Senior Advanced Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in December 2008.

Quick response to initial application, may have been coming in at the end of the process. Interviews all relatively easy, ie: "Give me a time when you had a problem to solve" and that sort of thing. Enjoyable process even though I wasn't offered the position. The only problem I had was that I wasn't called after an offer had been extended and I had to call them to find this information out for myself. Certainly not what I'd hoped for, however, this was a minimal glitch in what was otherwise a good and smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have problems receiving direction from someone significantly younger than you?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in November 2010.

took too long, did not completely explain salary is commission based only

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in March 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and met with a manager of the company. The interview basically involved him telling me about the position, the pay structure, etc. He only asked me a few basic questions about my past experience which were simple to answer, but I had already filled out the on-line survey. The position turned out to be a 'contract' position with no benefits, 60 days of salary and then 100% commission. The sales persons, as contractors, have to pay for their own office space and expenses. I believe the interview process continues from there, but I was not interested in a contract position with no benefits.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of this job do you think will be most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services in May 2009.

With FBFS it's a little different because usually the agent is hiring you for his/her own personal use. Since I previously knew the agent, it was a real low key and informal interview process. The more time-consuming part took place after I'd been working there for awhile. I had to fill out all the company paperwork, etc. for the records and whatnot even though I'd already been hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time in your life where you were in charge of a project, presentation, etc. and how you went about accomplishing the task.   Answer Question