Farmer Bros.

Farmer Bros. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmer Bros.

PAYROLL Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmer Bros..

First, I had a general phone screen. The recruiter asked basic STAR questions- sounded like she was reading off the screen, which I'm sure she was. Two weeks later, I had an in-person interview with the Payroll Manager. I felt the in-person interview was very much like the phone screen. The manager gave a little intro about the company and the position and then asked questions off a packet. He was fairly casual, but didn't seem very sociable or personable. The recruiter sat in on the interview as well. Three weeks later, I had a 2nd in-person interview with the Controller. This interview was very casual and much more relaxed than the first. We had some casual conversation and then talked about the position. She asked a lot of questions around, "Why payroll?" She was going around in circles with that question; I felt like she wanted me to say, "Payroll is my passion", but I couldn't do it... because honestly, it wasn't. I received a rejection email 1 week later. But I felt the decision was already made after the 1st in-person interview. I presume the 2nd in-person interview was just for formality / EEO reasons.

Also, a note about their office and facilities. Their office is also a distribution center, so you'll see trucks come in and out. During my 2 interviews, I had a short "tour" of their facility while walking to the meeting room and back to the lobby. Their office is very much a cubicle-and-office type style. Granted, I did not get a first-hand look at their organizational culture on a day-to-day basis, but from what I saw and felt walking through their offices, it didn't seem very collaborative or... encouraging, to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • "Why payroll?" "What do you expect to gain from this position?" - not the exact words, but the general idea.   View Answer

Technical Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmer Bros..

Technical interview. Asked basic questions regarding the technology. More focus on questions like what are your strengths, weakness. What is new or challenging thing you have done. Why you are leaving your job.

Interview Questions