Farmers Automobile Insurance

Farmers Automobile Insurance Interview Questions

APD Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in December 2010.

I applied online and was sent pre-employment testing to do online and submit. I took the testing which consisted of math, language, and personality tests. I just received an E-mail that I have failed the test. This is the first test I have ever failed a in my life. I have JD and graduated 3rd in my law school class from a Class A Law school. I have also passed the bar exam in 3 different states----apparently that is not good enough for Farmers. I probably did not do well on the math, as the last math class I took was in high school. I am still sitting here still in shock, feeling like an idiot. Good luck to the rest of you.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in January 2011.

This was the first of now two interviews. It was behavioral based questions....I have come to hate those but I guess it works best for the company doing the hiring. Having second interview in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a process improvement that you initiated.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in September 2010.

The hiring process is very straight forward. It starts with an HR rep and phone interview. She sends an IQ test and background check form to have returned and completed. At this point, she will let you know if you have passed the tests and make it to the formal interview process. After that, you have 2 additional in person interviews with the individual office. They typically will inform you if you get the job within the same week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in June 2011.

It took a long time to get the interview set up because the manager was busy. The interview was long. It took approximately an hour and a half. For most of the questions, they wanted specific examples of a situation and how I handled it.

It was obvious that a couple of the interviewers did not have very much experience interviewing people as they seemed very unorganized and not quite sure what to ask next.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something wrong and what did you do to correct it.   Answer Question
    • If you have a difficult customer what steps do you take to resolve their issues.   Answer Question

After talking with some of the employees, I realized it was not the best fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2012.

Typical insurance interview. Passed all test and initial phobe screening but did not make the cut for the in perdon interview. Seemed like they are very selective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2010.

Questions were behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in June 2008.

There was an initial phone screening with an HR representative. Then they asked me to come in to the office to take a skills test and a personality test. Then they asked me to come back for an interview/information session.

Several other candidates were present during the information session, which included a brief introduction from a senior manager and introductions to the supervisor team. Then, there was a brief tour of the facility. Next, they brought the candidates individually into a room with a few supervisors and managers, where they asked behavioral questions and questions about the resume. Then they rotated me to another room, where a different set of supervisors and managers asked similar questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were asked to do something, but failed to complete the task. What led you to fail, and what do you think you can do to prevent this from happening in the future?   Answer Question
    This was an entry-level job that required no special skill set, so there was no room for negotiation. If a job is offered, a salary offer is made that can be accepted or rejected.

Loss Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in June 2011.

The very nice recruiter called to discuss my application. She emailed various forms as well as links to sites to conduct the testing for grammar, math, multi-tasking, personality, etc. Set up for a 25-40 minute phone interview with basic behavioural questions, and after that set up for face to face interviews and a tour and shadowing an existing agent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in your career that you had to show an unusual amount of courage.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in January 2010.

Brief phone interview, scheduled interview on location. Three people interviewed me together asking more about my resume. Took a typing test. They called a few days later and offered me the job. I wouldn’t recommend you apply for this position unless you like denying medical claims and sitting at a desk all day.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience of when you've had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Share an example of coflict resolution..   Answer Question
    It's pretty much a flat starting salary but you could try...I was happy with what they offered.

Med/PIP Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in March 2012.

I applied online for the position, and I was contacted via email a couple of days later by a regional HR rep. I had to first complete a pre-employment intelligence test that consisted of 3 parts. 1) A policy component. Basically read through examples of a hypothetical company's policies and then answer questions based on what you would do in different situations based on policy 2) A grammer section which resembled something you might see on a SAT/GMAT test. 3) A math component (mostly basic algebra, percentages, fractions). Overall, a fairly easy test, but you may want to brush up on some basic math stuff if it's been a while. Along with the intelligence test, there was also a 10 minute personality test, where you mostly just pick what adjectives describe you and your ideal work environment.

After passing the tests, the regional HR rep sent me an email setting up an initial phone screen. Interview was pretty basic. She started off describing the position in more detail (positional requirements, salary -42k/yr, hrs 830-5 M-F), as well as asking why I was interested and other basic interview questions. She then had 3 behavioral based questions, which is what they use for most of their on-site interviews. For those unfamiliar, it's basically them asking you a question like, "describe when you had to balance multiple tasks to meet deadlines successfully." And they emphasize that you give very specific examples of the situation and specific steps of action you took to achieve your result. She told me I did an excellent job at giving detailed responses and invited me to set up an on-site panel interview at the local office.

This is where my experience turned negative. I was scheduled to interview on-site at 11:00 AM, but they were running quite behind and I didn't get into the interview room until about 11:40. After being introduced to the rest of the panel, they apologized for running behind, so they were "going to have to hurry through this to catch up." Asked me the basic "tell me about yourself" then asked me a series of 5 behavioral based questions similar to what the HR rep had asked on the phone. After the third question, one of the panelists stopped taking notes on my answers and just sat there looking bored. I thought it was pretty rude. Even if you weren't satisfied with my answers, I think she should have at least pretended to seem somewhat interested and at least doodled on the paper lol. At the end of the interview, the panelist refused to give me a card with her information, so I could follow up with her. Thought that was quite peculiar as well. Anyway the other two panelists were at least much more respectful. I'm not really sure what happened with the entire situation. Probably wasn't my best interview, but I felt I wasn't given a very fair shot either. Hope others have better luck. They did send me an email a few days later thanking me for coming in, but they were going in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when knowing your organizational's culture helped you work out a positive solution" - only one that really caught me a little off guard   Answer Question
    • Practice basic customer service, time management, communication questions and you'll be fine. Easy to find with basic google search   Answer Question