Farmers Automobile Insurance Interview Questions

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance (Monrovia, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Questions were behavioral questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance (Southlake, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

A presentation was made by video and a set of slides in a notebook was presented with bullet-item lists of requirements and advantages of setting up your own Insurance Agency

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Unsure if I could meet the quota requirements for signing up Life Insurance Policies

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance (Modesto, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I replied directly to a job posting online and submitted my resume. Two weeks later I received a phone call and following a brief discussion, was forwarded instructions for taking an online personality test, and reading, writing and basic math test. The following day I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The following week I completed the phone interview and later that day I received a call back to schedule the 3 person panel interview for the following day. I completed the interview and was given the opportunity to shadow an existing claims rep. I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer you have had and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult manager that you have had in the past and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2008.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with an HR representative. Then they asked me to come in to the office to take a skills test and a personality test. Then they asked me to come back for an interview/information session.

Several other candidates were present during the information session, which included a brief introduction from a senior manager and introductions to the supervisor team. Then, there was a brief tour of the facility. Next, they brought the candidates individually into a room with a few supervisors and managers, where they asked behavioral questions and questions about the resume. Then they rotated me to another room, where a different set of supervisors and managers asked similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to do something, but failed to complete the task. What led you to fail, and what do you think you can do to prevent this from happening in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was an entry-level job that required no special skill set, so there was no room for negotiation. If a job is offered, a salary offer is made that can be accepted or rejected.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

I was called about this job, and explained what the requirments were and what they were looking for. I was explained what the pay was and how the bonuses would work. This was a very relaxed company and a family type enviroment.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest quility.   1 Answer
    • What was roadblock that you had to overcome and how did you do?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in October 2011.

Interview

Watched a brief video, then District Manager went through a 30 min presentation describing the process of become an agent. Information sounded good until I decided to find more information online a stumbled across numerous website stating that they were unhappy with Farmer's training process and felt like they were caught up in a scam of some sort. Decided to decline offer from that point on.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in August 2011.

Interview

Initial interview started with a telephone interview. Once accepted, I undertook a mini SAT/ACT test, as well as an online behaviorial test. Then I was offered an in person interview, which I will take soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a specific example of a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer-how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Loss Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in June 2011.

Interview

The very nice recruiter called to discuss my application. She emailed various forms as well as links to sites to conduct the testing for grammar, math, multi-tasking, personality, etc. Set up for a 25-40 minute phone interview with basic behavioural questions, and after that set up for face to face interviews and a tour and shadowing an existing agent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your career that you had to show an unusual amount of courage.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of going to the local branch to speak one-on-one with an agent that works there. He asked typical questions about me and talked about their company. He did not act like he knew how to ask good interview questions, which is understandable, because he's an agent there and there wasn't a real HR department for their small branch. It was a good interview but I did not get the job.

Claims Representative Subrogation Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2011.

Interview

Received an email stating I was being considered for position and asked that a phone interview be set up. After phone interview, I was asked to take an online skills test. After this I was asked to meet with two people for an interview. I completed this process and was then asked to meet with the head of the department for a one on one interview. After this interview I was asked to sit with two employees to observe the work the office did. I was told I was one of five people being considered for two positions.