Farmers Automobile Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in July 2011.

Interview Details – Typing test (need over 40 wpm and less than 4 errors), then there was a quick tour and had a 30 minute job shadow. It was a very laid back office and cubicle setting. next was a panel interview. 2 supervisors asked me about 15 behavioral questions. they were all easy and was pretty informal s we got off topic many times. this took about 40 mins and then i went for a short interview with the Manager who over sees the building. That took about 20 mins and was more behavioral and getting to know you questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work as a claims adjuster?   Answer Question

APD Adjuster Interview

APD Adjuster
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent pre-employment testing to do online and submit. I took the testing which consisted of math, language, and personality tests. I just received an E-mail that I have failed the test. This is the first test I have ever failed a in my life. I have JD and graduated 3rd in my law school class from a Class A Law school. I have also passed the bar exam in 3 different states----apparently that is not good enough for Farmers. I probably did not do well on the math, as the last math class I took was in high school. I am still sitting here still in shock, feeling like an idiot. Good luck to the rest of you.

Interview Question – algebra questions   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in September 2009.

Interview Details – I replied directly to a job posting online and submitted my resume. Two weeks later I received a phone call and following a brief discussion, was forwarded instructions for taking an online personality test, and reading, writing and basic math test. The following day I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The following week I completed the phone interview and later that day I received a call back to schedule the 3 person panel interview for the following day. I completed the interview and was given the opportunity to shadow an existing claims rep. I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer you have had and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
  • Describe a difficult manager that you have had in the past and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
South San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was called about this job, and explained what the requirments were and what they were looking for. I was explained what the pay was and how the bonuses would work. This was a very relaxed company and a family type enviroment.

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Southlake, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in February 2010.

Interview Details – A presentation was made by video and a set of slides in a notebook was presented with bullet-item lists of requirements and advantages of setting up your own Insurance Agency

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unsure if I could meet the quota requirements for signing up Life Insurance Policies

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

The process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in January 2010.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, scheduled interview on location. Three people interviewed me together asking more about my resume. Took a typing test. They called a few days later and offered me the job. I wouldn’t recommend you apply for this position unless you like denying medical claims and sitting at a desk all day.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience of when you've had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • Share an example of coflict resolution..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's pretty much a flat starting salary but you could try...I was happy with what they offered.

Claims Representative Subrogation Interview

Claims Representative Subrogation

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email stating I was being considered for position and asked that a phone interview be set up. After phone interview, I was asked to take an online skills test. After this I was asked to meet with two people for an interview. I completed this process and was then asked to meet with the head of the department for a one on one interview. After this interview I was asked to sit with two employees to observe the work the office did. I was told I was one of five people being considered for two positions.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Auto Claim Representative Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got scheduled for a group/panel interview about 1-2 weeks later. Asked fairly standard behavioral questions (what if...), and background/experience questions (when did you...). Three interviewers took turns asking questions. There was nobody in the reception area, so I had to go into the 'bullpen' area to let the staff know I was there. I think I was a little verbose when answering questions that day; I think (at least the staff that interviewed me) wanted a little more succinct responses.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to deal with multiple priorities at the same time? Describe your decision making process.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in October 2011.

Interview Details – Watched a brief video, then District Manager went through a 30 min presentation describing the process of become an agent. Information sounded good until I decided to find more information online a stumbled across numerous website stating that they were unhappy with Farmer's training process and felt like they were caught up in a scam of some sort. Decided to decline offer from that point on.

Loss Agent Interview

Loss Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance in June 2011.

Interview Details – The very nice recruiter called to discuss my application. She emailed various forms as well as links to sites to conduct the testing for grammar, math, multi-tasking, personality, etc. Set up for a 25-40 minute phone interview with basic behavioural questions, and after that set up for face to face interviews and a tour and shadowing an existing agent.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in your career that you had to show an unusual amount of courage.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Automobile Insurance