Farmers Automobile Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Automobile Insurance.

I applied from an online website. It was advertised as being a new local recruiting effort, but I got called from a person in another state. I showed up to my interview with the name of who I was interviewing with and no one knew what I was talking about.

When I was seated at the conference table a different person showed up (the local regional director). I did not understand the connection until the end of the interview.

The interview itself was informative and straightforward. There was a lot of push on the "earning potential" (which always raises red flags for me), however, I do my research and decide if this is worth taking the chance.

Despite many negative reviews, it seems that my regional director tries to be as transparent as possible. I appreciate this and plan to take the next steps.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't really a hard question to answer, but I was surprised by the response he had to one of mine. He asked how long I had been wanting to work in the insurance business and I told him that this was something of a whim. I said that I don't work nine to five as well as I should, that I want a business opportunity that keeps me from having a boss, and that I like to set my own pace.

He shared his start up story and related to hating to being terminated and wanting to not have that any more. He described a time of hitting his head against a wall and just applying for this along with a number of other jobs. This was not special at first and I appreciated his candid response.
      Answer Question
There is no pay to negotiate. I get what I earn in commission only, and after I have paid for the license and other aspects of doing the job.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!