Farmers Insurance Group Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.6

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

I moved up to Washington State after completing my bachelor's degree and needed to get on the job grind quick, so I quick applied to over 50 companies on CareerBuilder in hopes for some possible employment. To my surprise, I was receiving countless phone calls, emails, and voicemails regarding possible positions for my "excellent" resume. Farmers got me first or second, so I decided to try my luck. One of the business consultants called me in for an interview for what I didnt even know I would be interviewing for at the time, so I was a bit on edge. Turns out it was to be an entry level agent and start my own business. Yeah right. They were going to make me fork out all this money to get licensed and said I needed to sell under the gun pretty much 40 car insurance and 4 housing insurance before I even received any sort of base pay as to not "embarass the company" if I were to be out on the payroll. Had a second interview with the district manager who just boasted Farmers numbers and how competitive they are. Overall negative experience and not college grad friendly as was the only reason I took the chance.

Interview Questions

• Most of the preliminary interview is just talking about yourself and your resume to find out if you are a good fit for an agent position.

Second interview:
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

How will you benefit Farmers if you are hired?

What is your greateat weakness?

A difficult situation you had to manage?

Why should we choose you?

Answer Question

I was not looking for a sales gig. Need to eatablish a steady pay before I can even think about going the agent route.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Agent Interview

Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was mostly selling me on the money that could be made. When I requested average earnings per agent, average tenure etc. they said they would provide but have not.

Agent Interview

Interview

ad on Craigslist.
    I'm rather perturbed with this guy in Portland. He has an ad on craigslist every week.

He won't interview anyone with > $1000 in debt collections.

There are a lot of good quality, ethical people out of work and in debt and he seems to think you deserve a chance if you don't have near perfect credit. How realistic is that in todays economy.

I'm an independent licensed agent, contracted and appointed with 14 of the world's largest Life insurance companies that sell more life insurance in their sleep than Farmer's does on any given day and they don't care about your credit unless it was as a professional in the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• must have less than $1000 in debt collections to qualify.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was at a district office. They were adding agents. Made me uncomfortable. It almost came across as a MLM scheme. I tried asking specifics and they just kept coming back with, "it's gonna be a lot of money". Money isn't the primary driver for me. If they were, in fact, looking for quality people to represent the brand, I would expect they would be anxious to answer legitimate and well thought out questions. Seemed like they were just looking for warm bodies. Asking for $69 up front to pay for my own background check was pretty quirky too.

Interview Questions

• Few questions asked about me. Seems they were more interested in selling themselves   Answer Question

Because of the interview process above and my impression of the company

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

Interview

I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2008.

Interview

2 interviews with District manager and his assistant. Have to get insurance licenses on your own dime. Very little training in the beginning and very restricted as to what you can sell.