Farmers Insurance Group

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was mostly selling me on the money that could be made. When I requested average earnings per agent, average tenure etc. they said they would provide but have not.

Interview Question – Why would you be right for Farmer's.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – ad on Craigslist.
I'm rather perturbed with this guy in Portland. He has an ad on craigslist every week.

He won't interview anyone with > $1000 in debt collections.

There are a lot of good quality, ethical people out of work and in debt and he seems to think you deserve a chance if you don't have near perfect credit. How realistic is that in todays economy.

I'm an independent licensed agent, contracted and appointed with 14 of the world's largest Life insurance companies that sell more life insurance in their sleep than Farmer's does on any given day and they don't care about your credit unless it was as a professional in the finance industry.

Interview Question – must have less than $1000 in debt collections to qualify.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was at a district office. They were adding agents. Made me uncomfortable. It almost came across as a MLM scheme. I tried asking specifics and they just kept coming back with, "it's gonna be a lot of money". Money isn't the primary driver for me. If they were, in fact, looking for quality people to represent the brand, I would expect they would be anxious to answer legitimate and well thought out questions. Seemed like they were just looking for warm bodies. Asking for $69 up front to pay for my own background check was pretty quirky too.

Interview Question – Few questions asked about me. Seems they were more interested in selling themselves   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because of the interview process above and my impression of the company

Agent Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with District manager and his assistant. Have to get insurance licenses on your own dime. Very little training in the beginning and very restricted as to what you can sell.

Interview Question – Sales experience?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Agent

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.

Interview Question – What makes you lose your temper?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. Farmers® is the nation's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Agent interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.