Farmers Insurance Group Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Agent Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions
  • typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2013.

The initial interview was mostly selling me on the money that could be made. When I requested average earnings per agent, average tenure etc. they said they would provide but have not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

ad on Craigslist.
    I'm rather perturbed with this guy in Portland. He has an ad on craigslist every week.

He won't interview anyone with > $1000 in debt collections.

There are a lot of good quality, ethical people out of work and in debt and he seems to think you deserve a chance if you don't have near perfect credit. How realistic is that in todays economy.

I'm an independent licensed agent, contracted and appointed with 14 of the world's largest Life insurance companies that sell more life insurance in their sleep than Farmer's does on any given day and they don't care about your credit unless it was as a professional in the finance industry.

Interview Questions
    • must have less than $1000 in debt collections to qualify.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2010.

The interview was at a district office. They were adding agents. Made me uncomfortable. It almost came across as a MLM scheme. I tried asking specifics and they just kept coming back with, "it's gonna be a lot of money". Money isn't the primary driver for me. If they were, in fact, looking for quality people to represent the brand, I would expect they would be anxious to answer legitimate and well thought out questions. Seemed like they were just looking for warm bodies. Asking for $69 up front to pay for my own background check was pretty quirky too.

Interview Questions
    • Few questions asked about me. Seems they were more interested in selling themselves   Answer Question

Because of the interview process above and my impression of the company

Agent Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.

Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2008.

2 interviews with District manager and his assistant. Have to get insurance licenses on your own dime. Very little training in the beginning and very restricted as to what you can sell.