Farmers Insurance Group Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

very detailed and extensive, was a rather long process to interview, from role playing and group excercises to detailed profiling and IQ level testing as well as pressure situations use to determine your able to effectively handle high stress and multitasking priorities.

Interview Questions
  • questions and excercises used to determine honesty, character, and comprehension colleagic level academic and analytic testing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Contacted by recruiter and was sent personality and business acumen testing. A phone interview followed. General questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and how do you handle stressful situations. The interviewer obviously sticks to a questionnaire form so interviews will be weighed consistently. She than asked if you know anything about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • I was interested in auto adjusting but the recruiter asked if I were interested in property adjusting.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Applied online. I was called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was given a date and time for testing. Testing day consisted of WPM and a difficult multitasking test. After passing the test I was called for a second interview. I was interviewed by two supervisors. Next they had me sit with an adjuster for 30 minutes to see what I would be doing. Last interview was with two managers. All questions were behavioral and required exact examples.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2010.

Easy interview using the star technique

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they offer what they offer to claims adj

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commerce, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The interview process uses behavioral based questions and panel interview after phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you solved a difficult problem that would have significant impact? What was the situation? How did you go about analyzing the problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2010.

The first thing that I did was submit an online application. The key was the employee referral to get above all the other candidates. Then I was called to schedule a time for testing all done on the computer. There was a typing test, computer navigation test, a grammar and spelling test, mathematical, and a multi tasking test. If you didn't pass each part of the test then you were done with the application and interview process. After passing all the tests then an interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a behavioral interview. Situation, task, action, result. I cant recall the exact questions but they all deal with tough decisions that you had to make, a time when you had to be a mediator, when you had to prioritize, and when you had to change your plans or agenda etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Your salary is your salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2011.

First I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from a recruiter about 3 weeks following my application. He asked me about my availability so he could conduct a phone interview. About 3 days later he conducted the phone interview. It was actually a little challenging and involved a few behavioral based questions and other basic interview question such as degree info and job history. it lasted about 10- 15 minutes. He actually gave me feed back and told me to Google behavioral based interview questions for my second in person panel style interview. He told me I would receive a call to schedule a in person panel interview. I received a call a few days later and we set up the panel interview to primarily be based on behavioral based question format. So I studied behavioral based interview questions and figured I was well prepared.

I actually got lost going to the interview (thanks to east and west of the same darn street. I had to call to ask for directions ( already 3 nails on the coffin , and consequently I was 5 minutes late) So starting off on a bad foot by being late made me more tense and nervous and sweaty. Then I walked into the interview room and there were two ladies and two guys to perform the interview ( I thought oh this should be fun!!) So the interview started and they started alternating asking me questions (oh which 85 % had not properly prepared for) So the interview went bad and I knew i did not get the job. They told me "we will call you if we decide you are the right fit) I thought sure you will!! so that's about it

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a co worker . How did you resolve it what steps did you take to remedy the situation.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2010.

Upon receiving my resume, I was contacted via e-mail by their recruiter to do a telephone interview/review of the job position available . After that was a success, I was then advised that I had to take a timed test for reading comprehension, math and grammer/spelling. I had to have 80% or better to pass. I passed and was then contacted for an behavioral interview. The behavioral interview was in front of a 3 person panel, one manager and 2 supervisors wherein they asked me questions pertaining to my last job and to provide examples of what i did in particular situations. I was not prepared for the behavioral interview, and should have done more research on the type of questions they would ask and the best answers that i could provide. I did not get the job and was advised about a week later wherein they advised that i was not a fit for their company because they wanted someone whose skills and experience more closely match the position.
    My suggestions: practice possible answers to questions and be confident in your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to negotiate for something and you gave into the other person, what went wrong and what would you do next time?   View Answers (2)

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Website for applications is good. Took almost two weeks to get back to me. Had a phone interview of the basic hiring process, was told I would need to take two tests online, one regarding attributes, the other basic math/reading comprehension. Received the email link quickly and response of pass/fail quickly. Another wait to hear from a local interviewer to schedule an appointment the following week. Met two managers for interview, I would say relaxed setting. They asked me direct situation questions regarding my work history.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2010.

two interviewers who were very awkward took turns asking questions from a booklet they had, some questions were really vague, all behavioral

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had problems communicating with someone   Answer Question

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!