Farmers Insurance Group Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Calif City, CA
Anonymous Employee in Calif City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2015.

Recruiter seemed uninterested and had no personality. Hard to connect with - like I was talking to a wall. Not interactive probably because recruiter had no concept what the job entailed but I thought they were supposed to be a people person. Also clueless about the office where position was located. With a recruiter like this no way you're getting an offer. Makes me wonder if a position was really available - maybe they were just fishing!!! I probably would have a better interview process at a grocery store! Progressive Ins. gives the best interviews probably because that company is based on liking people.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

It starts with a series of online interviews, which are structured to test response times, mathematical skills and listening comprehension. The whole process took a couple of weeks, including a day when multiple applicants came for a group interview with the Lead Manager and other Team Leads. After that, we were given a tour of the facility and asked to meet with 3 managers at a time for panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had difficulty handling an angry customer. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Assesment Test, Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview consists of behavioral questions. Be prepared to give examples of a problem you have experienced, the actions you took, and the results.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

My first initial interview was over the phone with basic behavioral questions. A week later received a call to come in for second interview which is a 2 hour process. Sat with two managers and went through more detailed behavioral questions and basic questions. Took a tour of the facility and was able to listen in a few phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2012.

After I submitted my application, I was contacted very shortly thereafter to take the required tests, which essentially look at your aptitude for the position and your math and English skills. After that, the interview was scheduled. Farmers utilizes a behavioral-based interview format, which attempts to predict your performance based on how you reacted to distinct situations in the past. I was interviewed by a panel of three senior members of the claims team. I was definitely qualified for the position, which was entry-level, by extensive retail and customer service experience. Unfortunately, I think I was too honest in my answers, and honesty wasn't what they were looking for. My job at the time was with a horrible family-owned business, so I thought a lot of the scenarios that I had encountered there gave me pretty solid examples of how I could think quickly on my feet, or adapt to difficult situations, etc. I definitely filtered the experiences in my responses, but apparently not enough. I asked at the end of the interview if the team had any misgivings that I could address, and the ringleader said that he did, because he thought that I had described too much "drama" in my work history and answers. It was pretty clear that there was absolutely nothing I could do to change his mind, so I left pretty quickly after that. It would have been nice if they had told me right then and there that they weren't going to hire me. I had no illusions otherwise, but it still took them a week to send me their silly courtesy e-mail. In hindsight, I am glad that I didn't get the position, because that guy would have been my immediate supervisor, and I don't think that would have been a pleasant work environment. I am still a bit flabbergasted by the experience, though, and to this day I am not really sure what they wanted to hear during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Starting with a skills test of which I passed. One to One interview with a recruiter. The interview and skills test took 2 hours. General questions about how I work in various stressful situations.

salary

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2011.

I was sent an email to schedule pre-employment testing. Once I passed all the test I had an interview with a recruiter. They TALK YOU UP! They said I was exactly what they were looking for and had all the skills necessary. I don't want to say they made me over-confident, but they really REALLY build you up. I then scheduled a final interview where I met with 3 managers/supervisors, and job shadowed. I pretty much knew I wasn't going to get the job because they only had me shadow for 15 minutes. All in all it was a good learning experience, but just be aware, even though the recruiter makes you think you are a perfect fit for the job, chances are the mangers/supervisors won't see you in the same light.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

I started out with a phone interview, passed the skills tests, and then had a panel interview with six panelists. The interview was done with behavioral interviewing questions. I was given plenty of notice to research and practice for the behavioral interviewing questions. The interview was very professional and I was given ample time for explanation and to ask the list of questions I had made up for the interview. All six panelists were very polite and the mood in the conference room put me at ease during the interview. I felt that all the questions asked were fair and were relevent to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you used facts and reason to persude someone to accept your recommendation.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2010.

open house for claim representatives, a group meeting where the position was described and followed up with 20 min 1 on 1 interview. Same three questions were posed to each applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to negotiate and convince someone to change their view to match yours.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situtation where you had to deal with an irate client and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2010.

Interview was first over the phone, followed up by a skills assessment. The lady forgot that I was coming into take a skills assessment. The aura I got from being there for the short time was some want depressing. 3 part skill assessment

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with an irate customer?   View Answer