Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Typing test and customer service test. In person interview process wasn't more than 30 minutes or so. Average interview question difficulty. The typing test was honestly the most difficult part lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, nice conversation, not many questions, mostly went over the different processes for each position ie: agent, customer service rep. and marketing. The interview as a whole was a relaxed and pleasant environment.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to own your own business (become a agent)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted from a Human Resources representative, and then had an interview scheduled. I meet with HR recruiter the week they contacted me. Farmer's Insurance seems to really support their new agents. I liked learning this about the company, but I am not looking to build my own business. I am looking for work as an insurance CSR. With the Farmer's CSR positions the company recommends the agents pay their licensed workers $16 to $18 an hour. I think this is a fair wage. The problem is when the agents extend their offers, it could (and probably will be) for a lower hourly rate with the promise of a cut of commission. For me personally, the agent offering the CSR position was only offering part time and a much lower base than I can financially manage with. I had to pass this time, but I left with a positive impression and good information from my Farmer's interview.

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Valparaiso, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed him my resume then he contacted me via phone. Gave me a call and had a phone interview. Then we scheduled an office interview. Did background check and now going back to discuss pay benefits and schedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not. Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a strange test kind of like an IQ test. I had to be honest and bilingual. They are very picky and are looking for certain characteristics. If you don't have them they won't call you back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Portland, OR).

Interview

Just a few days after submitting application to agent, I was called for a brief phone interview. We spoke 10-15 minutes, the typical basic questions. She then asked if I could come to the office for an interview with one of her staff and herself; I was able to go in that day and the interview was less than 30 minutes. Again, no surprises. She was very interested in my integrity and rather intensely watching me for responses. I was offered the job on the spot, and requested to think about my response. I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rank the basic responsibilities of the job in order of importance; I can't exactly remember but it was something to the effect of 'claims', 'quotes', 'current clients'..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation