Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Just a few days after submitting application to agent, I was called for a brief phone interview. We spoke 10-15 minutes, the typical basic questions. She then asked if I could come to the office for an interview with one of her staff and herself; I was able to go in that day and the interview was less than 30 minutes. Again, no surprises. She was very interested in my integrity and rather intensely watching me for responses. I was offered the job on the spot, and requested to think about my response. I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to rank the basic responsibilities of the job in order of importance; I can't exactly remember but it was something to the effect of 'claims', 'quotes', 'current clients'..   View Answer
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I've received a phone call from a recruiter a day after I filled out an online application to see when I can come in for an interview. She was very nice and easy to talk to but help talking 80% of the time about sales/ commission positions that I wanted nothing to do with. Of course they would do that since they basically lose nothing over it. But she said she forward my resume to agencies near me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Just went over resume and asked about myself, education, and employment history   Answer Question

Although my resume was forwarded to a different agency for my wanted position. I declined the other sales positions she mentioned

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview process was not bad at all. Needed customer support in previous jobs and needed insurance property and casualty license.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me everything you know about Farmers Insurance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

An Insurance friend referred me. I talked to the person on Friday and went in for an interview on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would do if you were faced with a person's feelings. There are two people, how would you choose who would be hurt? I asked for an example. They said if I received a phone call asking for a quote and I gave it to the person in the office, but later another sales person came in and said, but the way, I'm looking for a call from so and so. So and so was the person I gave to the sales person in the office. That person wrapped up the business and helped the caller. How would you handle it? note: they want to find out the essence of who you are.   View Answer
    • If I were to call 5 people you worked for before and they used three adjectives to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

I have only had one interview, and not offered a position because the position they have is not a CSR position.. They did say they would send my information to other agencies, after I took the personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Had online questions and test, then phone interview, then face to face interview, after the face to face interviews as a group we listened to calls being taken and then we were offerd the positions

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which your job was stressful, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    very professional and very high energy

Customer Service Representative Interview

I went to a career fair and got the chance to talk to one of the recruiters. The following week I received a phone interview. The phone interview was based on all behavioral questions. It totally took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in December 2012.

I applied online through and had to take tests. I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked me several situational type questions. Afterwards, I was brought in as a group with other applicants. We all individually interviewed with a couple of different supervisors, who asked similar questions to the recruiter. After the interview, I listened to calls. The next day, I was alerted that I wasn't the the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. They're very much aimed at trying to get a specific type of personality for the work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

Applied online and about 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from HR. They wanted to know if they could do a phone interview right now. After about 30 minutes of talking with them, they told me that they would like me to come in and take a typing test. If I passed that, I would then go upstairs and sit with an employee for about a hour to watch them. After about a hour, HR came back up and took me downstairs. She informed me that he will pass a recommendation to the hiring manager to go forward with employment. About a week later, I received another phone call and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

They'll hire anyone and throw you into the job with crappy training. When you don't get it in three weeks, they tell you to get out.

Interview Questions
    He offered, take it or leave it.