Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, nice conversation, not many questions, mostly went over the different processes for each position ie: agent, customer service rep. and marketing. The interview as a whole was a relaxed and pleasant environment.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to own your own business (become a agent)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted from a Human Resources representative, and then had an interview scheduled. I meet with HR recruiter the week they contacted me. Farmer's Insurance seems to really support their new agents. I liked learning this about the company, but I am not looking to build my own business. I am looking for work as an insurance CSR. With the Farmer's CSR positions the company recommends the agents pay their licensed workers $16 to $18 an hour. I think this is a fair wage. The problem is when the agents extend their offers, it could (and probably will be) for a lower hourly rate with the promise of a cut of commission. For me personally, the agent offering the CSR position was only offering part time and a much lower base than I can financially manage with. I had to pass this time, but I left with a positive impression and good information from my Farmer's interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Valparaiso, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed him my resume then he contacted me via phone. Gave me a call and had a phone interview. Then we scheduled an office interview. Did background check and now going back to discuss pay benefits and schedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not.
      Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.

Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a strange test kind of like an IQ test. I had to be honest and bilingual. They are very picky and are looking for certain characteristics. If you don't have them they won't call you back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Portland, OR).

Interview

Just a few days after submitting application to agent, I was called for a brief phone interview. We spoke 10-15 minutes, the typical basic questions. She then asked if I could come to the office for an interview with one of her staff and herself; I was able to go in that day and the interview was less than 30 minutes. Again, no surprises. She was very interested in my integrity and rather intensely watching me for responses. I was offered the job on the spot, and requested to think about my response. I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rank the basic responsibilities of the job in order of importance; I can't exactly remember but it was something to the effect of 'claims', 'quotes', 'current clients'..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I've received a phone call from a recruiter a day after I filled out an online application to see when I can come in for an interview. She was very nice and easy to talk to but help talking 80% of the time about sales/ commission positions that I wanted nothing to do with. Of course they would do that since they basically lose nothing over it. But she said she forward my resume to agencies near me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Just went over resume and asked about myself, education, and employment history   Answer Question

Although my resume was forwarded to a different agency for my wanted position. I declined the other sales positions she mentioned

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was not bad at all. Needed customer support in previous jobs and needed insurance property and casualty license.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me everything you know about Farmers Insurance   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

An Insurance friend referred me. I talked to the person on Friday and went in for an interview on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you were faced with a person's feelings. There are two people, how would you choose who would be hurt? I asked for an example. They said if I received a phone call asking for a quote and I gave it to the person in the office, but later another sales person came in and said, but the way, I'm looking for a call from so and so. So and so was the person I gave to the sales person in the office. That person wrapped up the business and helped the caller. How would you handle it? note: they want to find out the essence of who you are.   1 Answer
    • If I were to call 5 people you worked for before and they used three adjectives to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

I have only had one interview, and not offered a position because the position they have is not a CSR position.. They did say they would send my information to other agencies, after I took the personality test.