Farmers Insurance Group
www.farmers.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – I work under an agent. Two interviews at his office and hired the same day as the second interview.

Interview Question – Barely talked insurance, skills or experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations. Bantered a few times back and forth on salary requirements. Met in the middle in under 2 minutes of discussion

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and got the chance to talk to one of the recruiters. The following week I received a phone interview. The phone interview was based on all behavioral questions. It totally took about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – Interview process was not bad at all. Needed customer support in previous jobs and needed insurance property and casualty license.

Interview Question – Please tell me everything you know about Farmers Insurance   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – in a nutshell, not much of an interview process. The hiring can vary from agency to agency. Most are small groups that if you find the right agent you can make some money and earn a living.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation i took what i was offered

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – They'll hire anyone and throw you into the job with crappy training. When you don't get it in three weeks, they tell you to get out.

Interview Question – Getting what you deserve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He offered, take it or leave it.

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and about 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from HR. They wanted to know if they could do a phone interview right now. After about 30 minutes of talking with them, they told me that they would like me to come in and take a typing test. If I passed that, I would then go upstairs and sit with an employee for about a hour to watch them. After about a hour, HR came back up and took me downstairs. She informed me that he will pass a recommendation to the hiring manager to go forward with employment. About a week later, I received another phone call and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Your basic interview questions. Very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – They called me first for a phone interview and asked me the basic questions about my background and such. When I went in for the formal interview, I had to take a typing test and a simulation in insurance customer service. If I passed both I would meet with an HR representative who asked me about conflict resolution styles, and other daily work habits.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. They were all very standard.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just trying to hire as many warm bodies as soon as possible. It was through a job fair with them. It was just a 10 min face to face interview that they had too many high expectations for the type of positions that they were hiring for. Everyone needed a college degree for a call center job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work?   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through and had to take tests. I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked me several situational type questions. Afterwards, I was brought in as a group with other applicants. We all individually interviewed with a couple of different supervisors, who asked similar questions to the recruiter. After the interview, I listened to calls. The next day, I was alerted that I wasn't the the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. They're very much aimed at trying to get a specific type of personality for the work.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – An Insurance friend referred me. I talked to the person on Friday and went in for an interview on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you were faced with a person's feelings. There are two people, how would you choose who would be hurt? I asked for an example. They said if I received a phone call asking for a quote and I gave it to the person in the office, but later another sales person came in and said, but the way, I'm looking for a call from so and so. So and so was the person I gave to the sales person in the office. That person wrapped up the business and helped the caller. How would you handle it? note: they want to find out the essence of who you are.   View Answer
  • If I were to call 5 people you worked for before and they used three adjectives to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have only had one interview, and not offered a position because the position they have is not a CSR position.. They did say they would send my information to other agencies, after I took the personality test.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. Farmers® is the nation's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.