Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group FCU
- Insurance Agent (5)
- Agent (2)
- Recruiter (2)
- Claims Adjuster (2)
- Service Advocate (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Product Manager (1)
- Reserve Field Manager (1)
- Farmers Agent (1)
- Reserve Agnt (1)
- Residential Field Adjuster (1)
- Career Agent-Colorado (1)
- District Recruiter (1)
- Subject Matter Expert (IT) (1)
- Subrogation Med/PIP Claims Adjuster (1)
- Agency Owner (1)
- MBA Intern (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Senior Program Manager (1)
- Accounting Associate (1)
- Liability Adjuster (1)
- Sales (1)
- Inside Sales (1)
- Career Consultant (1)
- Property Claims Representative (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Claims Representative (1)
- Insurance Sales (1)
- Field Claims Adjuster (1)
- Field Claims Representative (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Lake Mary, FL) in August 2014.
FBI check..took drug screen..answered questions about past cust service and sales experience..asked me to overcome numerous objections..asked me why I wanted the job and answered my questions about the P and C insurance exam..I was called the day of the interview and officially accepted position a week later
- Asked me to sell an object and overcome objections Answer Question
Smooth transition and offered good base salary
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.
- All story problems. Very difficult and you must be prepared if not right out of College. SAT caliber. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU.
very easy..dumb people working for that company. told them the usual bs and they believed me. they asked me why i would like to work for farmers...i told them because i need the almighty dollar..lot of behavioral questions..was ready tonpunch them in the face..put me up in a crapy hotel..mice and roach hotel
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU in July 2013.
I got called for an interview the day after replying to the online ad. It is not actually a job but an opportunity to receive training and start your own business as a Farmer's Insurance Agent. The person who interviewed me was very professional and it looks like a good opportunity if you are a sales type person. My background is more technical and I didn't feel like it was a good fit for me.
- Pretty standard interview questions. I think the most difficult was what was an occasion where you were disappointed in your performance. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I didn't feel like starting my own business as an insurance agent was the direction I wanted to take my career.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Overland Park, KS).
I was called in for an interview, asked questions about my work history and resume. Not really touchy feely. When asked about compensation, bonuses I did not receive a clear-cut answer. Each time I went into the interview, I ended up listening more to how great Farmer's is rather than how my qualifications would fit into the vacancy. There also does not appear to be a lot of communication between the individuals I interviewed with. Also, I had to take a personality test that included questions on deductive reasoning and personality.
- My question to them - can you provide me with details regarding salary and bonuses or commissions for this position? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Too much double talk. Low base salary. I later found out from another former Farmer's recruiter that they will keep bonuses each month unless you are consistent in producing positive results.
- Accepted Offer
Behavioral interview questions. Spend time reviewing this type of interview so you are fluid. The interviewers will ask questions like "tell us a time when..." "how did you overcome a difficult choice..."
- How do you feel about representing clients who have done things you may find difficult? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (La Mesa, CA) in June 2013.
I had an interview at 10:00am on Thurs. June 13th. They double booked the interview and after waiting 4o minutes, I left and told them I wasn't interested.
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Northwest, OH) in June 2013.
Applied on LinkedIn. Received a call with some very general questions from the District Manager. Next, I was invited for an in-person interview with the DM which lasted about an hour and consisted of some fairly general questions. After that, I returned for another interview with the Recruiting Manager and the DM, same type of interview; fairly general questions and lasted about an hour. To this point I was very interested in the position and felt interviews were going very well. Lastly I met with someone who previously held the district recruiting roll and was now an agency owner (among owning some other businesses). The gentleman was very probing, sort of rude to the bartender and overall our morals and values weren't really jiving. After this portion of the interview I was extremely uninterested and respectfully pulled my application the following morning... it has been a few days still haven't heard from the District Manager no questions as to why, nothing. Maybe a strong indicator of how Farmers operates?
- From the third interview... The interviewer profiled my wife (horribly wrong, and was actually kind of rude). Next, asked for me to profile his wife.... very odd and not something that was relevant to the position whatsoever. I saw on previous reviews that this type of conversation took place but didn't know it was this awkward. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.
The interview was very professional and friendly. They were open to answer all of my questions and gave stright answers. They explained the training program that they give and require all agent, customers service rep. to take and pass. Also what the future could hold if you wanted to move up in the company.
- None - they were open and no far out questions. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group FCU (Cupertino, CA) in May 2013.
I went in and talked to the hiring agent. It was more or less like a conversation and she ended up explaining the whole process to me.
- Why do you want to work in insurance? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review