Farmers Insurance Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Farmers Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2012.

Farmers pulled my resume from an online job board and contacted me about an agent position. The hiring contact was very pleasant, and answered all of my questions: "Is this a salary only position?", "How long is training?", "Is this a 'tabletop' business, or do you visit an office each day to meet with clients?"
She spoke heavily on the fact that is is all sales, until you reach a quota, then you get support from the company. My sales background in financial retail was succifient, as she said that Agents came from varying backgrounds. She told me that there was an online component of about 5 questions she sent in an email, they were not to difficult, and were primarily used to verify my work history.

Interview Questions

I declined because of this being a pure commission position, with no mention of benefits, and one would have to pay upfront for their licensing.