Farmers Insurance Group
www.farmers.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2014

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. received email to complete a math and verbal test. Received call from HR and answered a few questions. Was then invited to interview in a mass interview in PA. After mass interview, was invited to ride along with another field adjuster to get to the know the position and company.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary. they had questions on my prior experience as an adjuster, how did i deal with a difficult situation, pretty straightforward as long as you give examples.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – did not feel the company have a lot of career advancement opportunities based on discussion with employee and online research. also had more lucrative position than one interviewed for.

Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – I talked to a friend of a friend who worked at Farmers and they needed a new field claims rep in the area. I applied online and used his name as a referral (you will likely need one at Farmers). After a couple of weeks, HR contacted me and had me take their IQ and personality tests, then scheduled a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, a few days later the district supervisor called me in for a 1:1 interview. While in the interview, he invited me to the regional claims office two days later for a panel interview. Every interview was heavy on behavioral based questions but we also talked normally and they were pretty friendly. They are now doing a background check on me and I should start in two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in your career that you had to show an unusual amount of courage.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, there was no negotiation

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are behavior based interviews. The final interview is conducted with 3 supervisors with a set list of questions they will ask, then they will follow up each answer. They each grade your answers and then add up the scores to determine if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a tough customer and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question
  • What did you enjoy best from your previous job? and what was the worst?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate, they said it was take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process as a whole was what you would expect from a large company. Very slow and bureaucratic. After phone screening and online assesments I was asked for an in person interview. Interview was a panel interview with standard questions being asked off of a packet of questions. Two weeks after the interveiw they called and said the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Why Farmers?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. Farmers® is the nation's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.