Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

I submitted my Resume on line. I have years of sales experience in the OM (Original Manufacturing Environment. So why I was called for this line of work was a mystery to me. However, I decided to continue with the interview 1.) Out of curiosity 2.) to see what the requirements were going to be fr this position.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult was did I think was this a position that I would be interested in. The difficulty with that as I told them is I am still not clear why you think this a position for me to begin with and additionally I know nothing about insurance except my personal policies. And do you not need to go to school or something to sell insurance?   Answer Question

I do not feel that this is position that matches my back ground at all. Additionally I really want an office clerical position and not a inside or outside sales position.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I saw them at a career fair and he tied to schedule the interview that day. They are eager about getting you started and how much money you can make. They try to hire as many people as possible because it is commission only

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2012.

The interview was quick and relatively painless, you are offered a lot of information about the company and possibilities. I sent a query to the District Mgr, he had his gal get in touch, we sat down and interviewed then I had to do my background test, pass security test, etc. And then I was cleared to get studying.

Interview Questions
    • There were really not that many questions, it was mostly about was I willing to pay for my own training, fingerprinting, background check, testing and training materials. It's the same in the real estate industry, so I wasn't really shaken by this.   View Answer

The first three years you are offered a stipend to help you pay for things the first three years. You will make commission and it may well go over the stipend amount in which case you won't get that stipend...however, chances are in those first three years you'll need that stipend just to pay bills, rent, etc. The stipend isn't pay, it's a loan. As such, I walked away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

There really wasn't an interview because I was not asked any questions besides how i felt about the information I was told about the training process and commitment. I was sent an email by a recruiter and asked to come in for an interview, it was never specified what position was available. I wish I had asked that before I agreed to going in. I wasn't interested in an Agent position.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions I was asked was how I felt about the training process and if i was interested in being a business owner.   View Answer

I wasn't interested in this type of position.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question
    It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview consisted of you reaction to his question, not necessarily the answers you gave. Looking for an understanding that "to make money you must spend money". Also needs an understanding that you will not be making money right away. It takes time, money, and a lot of studying to be successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Not into insurance sales

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!