Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.2

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

I submitted my Resume on line. I have years of sales experience in the OM (Original Manufacturing Environment. So why I was called for this line of work was a mystery to me. However, I decided to continue with the interview 1.) Out of curiosity 2.) to see what the requirements were going to be fr this position.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult was did I think was this a position that I would be interested in. The difficulty with that as I told them is I am still not clear why you think this a position for me to begin with and additionally I know nothing about insurance except my personal policies. And do you not need to go to school or something to sell insurance?   Answer Question

I do not feel that this is position that matches my back ground at all. Additionally I really want an office clerical position and not a inside or outside sales position.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Insurance Agent Interview

I saw them at a career fair and he tied to schedule the interview that day. They are eager about getting you started and how much money you can make. They try to hire as many people as possible because it is commission only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question
    It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

I interviewed with Farmers in spring of 2014. Very pleasant and professional staff. Was reached out to in an email, then showed up for the face to face interview. Asked me questions pertaining to my current job and experiences. I was then asked to return for an seminar about the company and what the position entailed. Overall, easygoing and professional interview.

Interview Questions

I declined due to the hiring process. Pertained to taking classes for about an month or two. At that time, just wasn't prepared for a lengthy hiring process as such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview consisted of you reaction to his question, not necessarily the answers you gave. Looking for an understanding that "to make money you must spend money". Also needs an understanding that you will not be making money right away. It takes time, money, and a lot of studying to be successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

There really wasn't an interview because I was not asked any questions besides how i felt about the information I was told about the training process and commitment. I was sent an email by a recruiter and asked to come in for an interview, it was never specified what position was available. I wish I had asked that before I agreed to going in. I wasn't interested in an Agent position.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions I was asked was how I felt about the training process and if i was interested in being a business owner.   View Answer

I wasn't interested in this type of position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Not into insurance sales