Farmers Insurance Group

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – There really wasn't an interview because I was not asked any questions besides how i felt about the information I was told about the training process and commitment. I was sent an email by a recruiter and asked to come in for an interview, it was never specified what position was available. I wish I had asked that before I agreed to going in. I wasn't interested in an Agent position.

Interview Question – The only questions I was asked was how I felt about the training process and if i was interested in being a business owner.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in this type of position.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Question – Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of you reaction to his question, not necessarily the answers you gave. Looking for an understanding that "to make money you must spend money". Also needs an understanding that you will not be making money right away. It takes time, money, and a lot of studying to be successful.

Interview Question – Just questions about previous employers.   Answer Question

Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not into insurance sales

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – "Applied" at a military job fair. Interviewed on the phone, then went for an initial in person interview about a week later. Met with just their corporate recruiter for the first interview. Went back in for a second interview a couple weeks after that due to weather and holidays. Both the corporate recruiter and a manager were there. I was asked various questions and then shown a pretty well put together presentation. I was then shown salaries for some of their agents.

Interview Question – No curve balls at all, just do a little research on the company before going in.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did a lot of research and only found a couple positive things being said about being an agent. The branch I interviewed with seemed legitimately interested in their employees' success, but it just wasn't for me. However, the earning potential is pretty crazy.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview "meet and greet". Followed by, in office meeting to explain hiring process and expectations. Second, meeting to commit to reserve agent timeline. Lastly, accept appointment and pass insurance exams.

Interview Question – Why would I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All income is based off commission on policies sold

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I thought I was called for an agent assistant interview. I set up an interview. I wasn't sure what to expect but, It was a personal interview with I believe the office manager at their District office. The interview went very well of course they broke down the business plan of how to become an agent. After you gent your license within the allotted 3 to 4 weeks period they will reimburse you for the online classes and exams.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. It was very relaxed and just getting to know you type interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I could not live off of the commission being a new agent until the "draw" would be applied which was 3 to 4 month process.

Tyler, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. Honestly I went in with a lot of experience, but in restrospect I wonder if that mattered at all. In watching this company in action, it seems like they will hire just about anybody willing to take the plunge. They do credit checks and background checks to weed out the chaff. If you got this far, the interview is a breeze

Interview Question – There were no more difficult questions than any other interview.   Answer Question

Mason, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – The District Manager was not very impressive.

Interview Question – All the questions were easy. He spent more time talking about himself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Talked to others and read reviews. Limited chance of success - and success was not very financial rewarding to those that had been there a while.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. Farmers® is the nation's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.