Farmers Insurance Group

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – I saw them at a career fair and he tied to schedule the interview that day. They are eager about getting you started and how much money you can make. They try to hire as many people as possible because it is commission only

Interview Question – No really hard questions   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was quick and relatively painless, you are offered a lot of information about the company and possibilities. I sent a query to the District Mgr, he had his gal get in touch, we sat down and interviewed then I had to do my background test, pass security test, etc. And then I was cleared to get studying.

Interview Question – There were really not that many questions, it was mostly about was I willing to pay for my own training, fingerprinting, background check, testing and training materials. It's the same in the real estate industry, so I wasn't really shaken by this.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The first three years you are offered a stipend to help you pay for things the first three years. You will make commission and it may well go over the stipend amount in which case you won't get that stipend...however, chances are in those first three years you'll need that stipend just to pay bills, rent, etc. The stipend isn't pay, it's a loan. As such, I walked away.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Question – Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – There really wasn't an interview because I was not asked any questions besides how i felt about the information I was told about the training process and commitment. I was sent an email by a recruiter and asked to come in for an interview, it was never specified what position was available. I wish I had asked that before I agreed to going in. I wasn't interested in an Agent position.

Interview Question – The only questions I was asked was how I felt about the training process and if i was interested in being a business owner.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in this type of position.

Insurance Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Question – Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of you reaction to his question, not necessarily the answers you gave. Looking for an understanding that "to make money you must spend money". Also needs an understanding that you will not be making money right away. It takes time, money, and a lot of studying to be successful.

Interview Question – Just questions about previous employers.   Answer Question

Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not into insurance sales

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – "Applied" at a military job fair. Interviewed on the phone, then went for an initial in person interview about a week later. Met with just their corporate recruiter for the first interview. Went back in for a second interview a couple weeks after that due to weather and holidays. Both the corporate recruiter and a manager were there. I was asked various questions and then shown a pretty well put together presentation. I was then shown salaries for some of their agents.

Interview Question – No curve balls at all, just do a little research on the company before going in.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did a lot of research and only found a couple positive things being said about being an agent. The branch I interviewed with seemed legitimately interested in their employees' success, but it just wasn't for me. However, the earning potential is pretty crazy.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview "meet and greet". Followed by, in office meeting to explain hiring process and expectations. Second, meeting to commit to reserve agent timeline. Lastly, accept appointment and pass insurance exams.

Interview Question – Why would I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All income is based off commission on policies sold

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!