Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.2

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Meet with the recruiters and had a brief interview. She went over the process to become an agent. Was introduce to some office personnel and had an office tour.

Interview Questions

It wasn't something I thought I would enjoy doing based on my past experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Its a three part process with three interviews in person after a brief phone questionnaire. The initial interview was more like a sales pitch of a the company than an interview of me. I felt like I was being sold beach front property in the FL everglades. It is a commission only position till you have 44 sales and then the base pay is $2500 a month with a 25 sale per month expectation. The interviewer went on and on about the other people she had interviewed in the past for this position including an Olympic athlete...no mention of this actually being a current employee.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Basic interview process with background check. Contacted by recruiter, took an aptitude test, then interviewed. Ultimately, you need to be licensed in P&C and Life & health and complete the one month long training program which you aren't paid for.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The Reserve Field Manager was very persuading but not honest during the interview leaving many aspects out or providing untruthful information.
    Most of the information provided applied to experienced Agents.
    No note of the financial resources needed.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interviewer is paid based on the number of interviews.   Answer Question
    Be ready to invest money. Not a job.

Insurance Agent Interview

There are 3 of them and it is time consuming you have to do a back ground check too and sometimes you have to pay for the check yourself whereas other times the District manager will pay for the back ground check it is about 65 dollars

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Very easy. Manager had a lot of knowledge and was very persuasive. Applied online. Heard back the next day. Set up an interview a few weeks later. Still in the process of accepting or declining.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not to many questions. We just sat down and talk about farmers and why he wanted me to work there. He had a lot knowledge and was very easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

I submitted my Resume on line. I have years of sales experience in the OM (Original Manufacturing Environment. So why I was called for this line of work was a mystery to me. However, I decided to continue with the interview 1.) Out of curiosity 2.) to see what the requirements were going to be fr this position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was did I think was this a position that I would be interested in. The difficulty with that as I told them is I am still not clear why you think this a position for me to begin with and additionally I know nothing about insurance except my personal policies. And do you not need to go to school or something to sell insurance?   Answer Question

I do not feel that this is position that matches my back ground at all. Additionally I really want an office clerical position and not a inside or outside sales position.

Insurance Agent Interview

I saw them at a career fair and he tied to schedule the interview that day. They are eager about getting you started and how much money you can make. They try to hire as many people as possible because it is commission only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question