Farmers Insurance Group Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.2

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Questions
  • Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question
It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

I interviewed with Farmers in spring of 2014. Very pleasant and professional staff. Was reached out to in an email, then showed up for the face to face interview. Asked me questions pertaining to my current job and experiences. I was then asked to return for an seminar about the company and what the position entailed. Overall, easygoing and professional interview.

Interview Questions

I declined due to the hiring process. Pertained to taking classes for about an month or two. At that time, just wasn't prepared for a lengthy hiring process as such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview consisted of you reaction to his question, not necessarily the answers you gave. Looking for an understanding that "to make money you must spend money". Also needs an understanding that you will not be making money right away. It takes time, money, and a lot of studying to be successful.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

There really wasn't an interview because I was not asked any questions besides how i felt about the information I was told about the training process and commitment. I was sent an email by a recruiter and asked to come in for an interview, it was never specified what position was available. I wish I had asked that before I agreed to going in. I wasn't interested in an Agent position.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions I was asked was how I felt about the training process and if i was interested in being a business owner.   View Answer

I wasn't interested in this type of position.

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Not into insurance sales

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2013.

"Applied" at a military job fair. Interviewed on the phone, then went for an initial in person interview about a week later. Met with just their corporate recruiter for the first interview. Went back in for a second interview a couple weeks after that due to weather and holidays. Both the corporate recruiter and a manager were there. I was asked various questions and then shown a pretty well put together presentation. I was then shown salaries for some of their agents.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls at all, just do a little research on the company before going in.   Answer Question

I did a lot of research and only found a couple positive things being said about being an agent. The branch I interviewed with seemed legitimately interested in their employees' success, but it just wasn't for me. However, the earning potential is pretty crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2013.

I thought I was called for an agent assistant interview. I set up an interview. I wasn't sure what to expect but, It was a personal interview with I believe the office manager at their District office. The interview went very well of course they broke down the business plan of how to become an agent. After you gent your license within the allotted 3 to 4 weeks period they will reimburse you for the online classes and exams.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. It was very relaxed and just getting to know you type interview.   Answer Question

I could not live off of the commission being a new agent until the "draw" would be applied which was 3 to 4 month process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

initial communication through many programs such as career builder, etc, and job fairs
    Meet with prospect and discuss opportunity and if they are a match to the necessary requirements, do a background check and begin training process.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you talking to strangers and building business relationship.?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2013.

Over the phone interview "meet and greet". Followed by, in office meeting to explain hiring process and expectations. Second, meeting to commit to reserve agent timeline. Lastly, accept appointment and pass insurance exams.

Interview Questions
    All income is based off commission on policies sold