Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group
- Insurance Agent (58)
- Liability Claims Representative (27)
- Customer Service Representative (25)
- Claims Adjuster (18)
- Claims Representative (16)
- Farmers Insurance Agent (15)
- Agent (8)
- Field Claims Representative (7)
- Auto Claims Representative (6)
- Office Claims Representative (6)
- Sales (6)
- Property Claims Adjuster (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Marketing (4)
- Auto Claims Adjuster (4)
- Product Management Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Med/PIP Claims Representative (3)
- Actuarial (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- Agency Producer (3)
- Insurance Sales Agent (3)
- Service Advocate (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- OCR (3)
- CSA (3)
- Reserve District Manager (2)
- Sales Agent (2)
- Underwriting Supervisor (2)
- Customer Service Associate, Claims (2)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
Behavioral based questions. Apply online. First phone screening then in person interview with 3-4 managers at local office. Desk ride with claim rep after in person interview and then offer the same day. Process took about 1 week.
- Behavioral based Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.
- Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
very easy. One phone call and went in the next day for an in-person. Pretty much hire anyone that has an OK financial background and is dumb enough to get started in the business
- Do you plan on staying in San Diego? Are you self driven? Competitive? -- its all a rush to get you started so they can start pulling in your policies so that if any time you leave they keep them and you have to pay back to the loan that they tell you you don't have to repay although most people do because the bar is so high it almost unobtainable Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Brookfield, WI).
First there was a phone interview that asked mainly biographical questions. Then I was invited to a one on one behavioral interview at the office. I was mainly asked to describe a time when such and such happened, and how I handled it. Questions like that.
- Why do you want to work for Farmer's Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.
Entry level, well explained as new ground level start up business. What are your goals and future aspirations....are your a self starter or prefer micro management. First interview with recruiter, if second would be with Gen Agent
- tell about your past postion Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Looking at salaried mgm position...
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.
I applied online and was callrd within a week. I had a phone interview, an online assessment, and w in-person interviews (on thr samw day). They also had me shadow someone at their desk for about an hour. An hour after I got home, they offered me the position.
- Behavioural questions. "Give me an example of a time you had to tell a customer 'no'" Answer Question
There was no negotiation. I was told the salary during the phone interview.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.
I applied for the position two weeks ago, I did the phone interview which was a success, she told me on the spot she was sending my application to the hiring manager (this was on a Tuesday). Friday I received a call to do the in person interview the following Wednesday. I had the in person interview which was a piece of cake. They ask about 8-10 behavioral questions. Be very specific when you answer these questions. After the interview I sat with someone for about twenty minutes to see what the job consists of. The same afternoon of my interview I received a call with a offer.
- Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize your work, tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer...more questions saying tell me about a time Answer Question
Did not negotiate
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
Phone interview with a recruiter then interview in a panel of 3 (2 supervisors and a Manager). The phone interview is relatively easy and brief. However, the in person interview consists of a very long behavior based questioning that is predetermined and the interviewers read off a script. If you pass this interview, you then do a ride a long with someone in the field and they report back about how they feel it went.
- An hour and a half of &#034;Tell me of a time when...&#034; questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Typing test and customer service test. In person interview process wasn't more than 30 minutes or so. Average interview question difficulty. The typing test was honestly the most difficult part lol.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.
I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.
- What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review