Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Apply online. First phone screening then in person interview with 3-4 managers at local office. Desk ride with claim rep after in person interview and then offer the same day. Process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. A conversation on the phone prior to the in person interview. Simple questions, asked your salary requirements, explained the job, etc. Was told I would hear back in several weeks, however, never received a phone call or email from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you have dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

very easy. One phone call and went in the next day for an in-person. Pretty much hire anyone that has an OK financial background and is dumb enough to get started in the business

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying in San Diego? Are you self driven? Competitive? -- its all a rush to get you started so they can start pulling in your policies so that if any time you leave they keep them and you have to pay back to the loan that they tell you you don't have to repay although most people do because the bar is so high it almost unobtainable   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

First there was a phone interview that asked mainly biographical questions. Then I was invited to a one on one behavioral interview at the office. I was mainly asked to describe a time when such and such happened, and how I handled it. Questions like that.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.

Interview

Entry level, well explained as new ground level start up business. What are your goals and future aspirations....are your a self starter or prefer micro management. First interview with recruiter, if second would be with Gen Agent

Interview Questions

Looking at salaried mgm position...

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was callrd within a week. I had a phone interview, an online assessment, and w in-person interviews (on thr samw day). They also had me shadow someone at their desk for about an hour. An hour after I got home, they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions. "Give me an example of a time you had to tell a customer 'no'"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told the salary during the phone interview.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position two weeks ago, I did the phone interview which was a success, she told me on the spot she was sending my application to the hiring manager (this was on a Tuesday). Friday I received a call to do the in person interview the following Wednesday. I had the in person interview which was a piece of cake. They ask about 8-10 behavioral questions. Be very specific when you answer these questions. After the interview I sat with someone for about twenty minutes to see what the job consists of. The same afternoon of my interview I received a call with a offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize your work, tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer...more questions saying tell me about a time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter then interview in a panel of 3 (2 supervisors and a Manager). The phone interview is relatively easy and brief. However, the in person interview consists of a very long behavior based questioning that is predetermined and the interviewers read off a script. If you pass this interview, you then do a ride a long with someone in the field and they report back about how they feel it went.

Interview Questions

• An hour and a half of "Tell me of a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Typing test and customer service test. In person interview process wasn't more than 30 minutes or so. Average interview question difficulty. The typing test was honestly the most difficult part lol.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question